Winston Groping Incident Under Investigation

kgarrett12486

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd imagine there's something like this going on behind the scenes. Or, at least, something like this will happen if needed.

But it sounds like the girl that originally brought it up isn't even pressing charges. So I dunno.

Again I’m not ruling out a suspension for winston. It’s goodell and his accusation from Florida state will be in consideration. 

They need to find out if there was even a third person in the car. If not, I feel Jameis is screwed. 

Had winston came to the Bucs back in March, they could have had a better outcome. Chances are any surveillance tape of that night at the drive through are gone. 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/18/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jameis-winston-uber-allegation-bucs-nfl/

We might not get a verdict until as late as the middle of next season.

The biggest questions have to be : how much do you trust winston and the nfl? If this drags out the Bucs may need a back up plan for qb. 

If he’s found guilty, winston needs to go. But the problem is the timing. This is not good for Koetter and Licht for next year. Another looming distraction. 

35 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The biggest questions have to be : how much do you trust winston and the nfl? If this drags out the Bucs may need a back up plan for qb. 

If he’s found guilty, winston needs to go. But the problem is the timing. This is not good for Koetter and Licht for next year. Another looming distraction. 

Bringing back Fitz or Glennon is a guarantee now. Just depends who we like more.

I'd guess Fitz.

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Not only that. This is a strong qb class. If he’s found guilty, we easily have to move on from him. 

If he's not, we have to have someone who can start six games or so. I don't trust Griffin at all. I don't care how much Koetter likes him.

We're not gonna draft a QB before there's a verdict.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

If he's not, we have to have someone who can start six games or so. I don't trust Griffin at all. I don't care how much Koetter likes him.

Maybe bridgewater? Glennon , ehh. Yuck. Although I think he’s a better fit under koetter than Chicago’s staff

26 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Maybe bridgewater? Glennon , ehh. Yuck. Although I think he’s a better fit under koetter than Chicago’s staff

I think Teddy's gonna want a chance to be a full time starter again. Glennon and Fitz know the system the best and have actually played in NFL games. I'd imagine (and hope) it's one of them.

On 18/02/2018 at 2:09 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

Again I’m not ruling out a suspension for winston. It’s goodell and his accusation from Florida state will be in consideration. 

They need to find out if there was even a third person in the car. If not, I feel Jameis is screwed. 

Had winston came to the Bucs back in March, they could have had a better outcome. Chances are any surveillance tape of that night at the drive through are gone. 

I agree that all this hinges on there being a third person in the car with Winston and Darby. 

Since we don’t know what happened, it’s difficult to say whether Winston should have went to the Bucs with this when it happened.

If he’d done nothing, he probably wouldn’t think twice about being banned by Uber. Equally, if he did sexually assault the Uber driver, he’s probably not going to tell the team that either.

The drive thru staff will most probably remember how many people were in the car. Whilst there might not be any cctv to back that up, if the staff working that night have the same story, that could count for a lot.

I don’t see why the accusations from Florida State should factor in to be honest. Judged on their own merits, there are a lot of inconsistencies between the evidence and the accuser’s story. The NFL will probably have sight of the settlement in the civil case too, which should give them much more information than is publicly available.

19 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I agree that all this hinges on there being a third person in the car with Winston and Darby. 

Since we don’t know what happened, it’s difficult to say whether Winston should have went to the Bucs with this when it happened.

If he’d done nothing, he probably wouldn’t think twice about being banned by Uber. Equally, if he did sexually assault the Uber driver, he’s probably not going to tell the team that either.

The drive thru staff will most probably remember how many people were in the car. Whilst there might not be any cctv to back that up, if the staff working that night have the same story, that could count for a lot.

I don’t see why the accusations from Florida State should factor in to be honest. Judged on their own merits, there are a lot of inconsistencies between the evidence and the accuser’s story. The NFL will probably have sight of the settlement in the civil case too, which should give them much more information than is publicly available.

That’s what makes me skeptical. When uber banned him for the act, he should have went to the Bucs if he was innocent. Let them know personally in case something is made of it. 

He did nothing which makes me think there is something to hide. 

Also if it was a drive through staff, what are the chances of them still being employed at that location? And what could they have even seen?

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That’s what makes me skeptical. When uber banned him for the act, he should have went to the Bucs if he was innocent. Let them know personally in case something is made of it. 

He did nothing which makes me think there is something to hide. 

Also if it was a drive through staff, what are the chances of them still being employed at that location? And what could they have even seen?

I agree with that logic. He has to be held to a higher standard given accusations in his past and the fact a franchise has bet the short to medium term on him becoming a baller.

I’m sure the owner could pass on details if necessary. In terms of what they could have seen, they’d see who was sitting where at least. At a minimum, they’d be able to say where Jameis was sitting. Not much sticks out when serving customers in fast food places, but you tend to remember details when celebrities, however minor, roll round. 

40 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I agree with that logic. He has to be held to a higher standard given accusations in his past and the fact a franchise has bet the short to medium term on him becoming a baller.

I’m sure the owner could pass on details if necessary. In terms of what they could have seen, they’d see who was sitting where at least. At a minimum, they’d be able to say where Jameis was sitting. Not much sticks out when serving customers in fast food places, but you tend to remember details when celebrities, however minor, roll round. 

No doubt he deserves the due process. But given the fact he was banned immediately, if he were innocent the Bucs staff could have requested a video of the drive through and atleast be prepared. 

Now we can expect a long process situation that could result in a suspension. 

38 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No doubt he deserves the due process. But given the fact he was banned immediately, if he were innocent the Bucs staff could have requested a video of the drive through and atleast be prepared. 

Now we can expect a long process situation that could result in a suspension. 

I think banning is a fairly standard thing to be honest. I’ve been “banned” from taxi companies before for stuff that my friends allegedly did on the way home from nights out in taxis booked under my name.

Nothing anywhere near as serious as the allegations here it should be added. Stuff that the police wouldn’t even care about.

It’s an error in judgement from Winston not to mention it to the Bucs. Hopefully that’s the only thing we’re criticising him for when this is all resolved.

Archived