Winston Groping Incident Under Investigation

kgarrett12486

26 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/19/ronald-darby-accusations-against-jameis-winston-are-just-not-true/

Ronald Darby claims to have been present and to have been sat in the back seat of the taxi with Winston. 

Whether this influences the NFL’s decision on potential suspension is anyone’s guess (especially in light of the Zeke Elliot saga).

Theres also the question of whether Darby is credible. Will it just be dismissed by people as someone trying to bail out their friend?

Darby s statement makes it clear another person was in the vehicle.   My assumption is before Darby came out with his statement the third passenger would cooperate also.  I just hope we get more information and it is looking like this will happen pretty quickly. 

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Darby s statement makes it clear another person was in the vehicle.   My assumption is before Darby came out with his statement the third passenger would cooperate also.  I just hope we get more information and it is looking like this will happen pretty quickly. 

I didn’t read the statement properly - presumably then the third person will also be providing a statement.

All signs at this stage point towards the full facts being out there very quickly.

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

seems like Darby is always in his presence of these accusations. 

Honestly, we will never know what happened in the Uber driver incident. It just seems sketchy from all sides. Unless there is some video or audio recording out there , chalk it up as it is. 

Im pretty sure the third person will be  heard.  Either sexual misconduct happened or a false claim, either is very serious.  Darby has no record of criminal activity, so I m not sure  that is friendship with Winston is relevant.  I get that a conspiracy theory would be he is covering for his boy, or maybe he is just telling the truth in both situations.  Of course, we ll never know, but if the third person verifies the story of the first two, is that enough to make the accusation less credible?  Personally, I want the third person to speak because for me there has been a lot of unclear points since this story broke on Friday.

11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

seems like Darby is always in his presence of these accusations. 

Honestly, we will never know what happened in the Uber driver incident. It just seems sketchy from all sides. Unless there is some video or audio recording out there , chalk it up as it is. 

I think the key thing is there’s three people this time. 

I think it’s coincidence that Darby was present at both alleged incidents. Provided he can be considered credible for this one, his statement goes some way to helping establish what happened.

It won’t be enough for some people though. Some people will be determined to believe that Ronald Darby would cover up a rape and a sexual assault for his friend, just so they can view Winston as being guilty. 

That’s the court of public opinion, I guess. In terms of what the league decides to do, two eye witnesses telling the same story makes it quite difficult to suspend him. That said, in that case, a suspension could be driven by the negative publicity attracted to the case.

This is getting crazy. icon_lol.gif

I'm glad Darby (anyone, really) was able to come forward and shed more light on the situation. I wonder who the third passenger was and if we'll hear from him. Because it seems like he would be the one to have done it since he was in the front seat. At least according to Darby.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is getting crazy. icon_lol.gif

I'm glad Darby (anyone, really) was able to come forward and shed more light on the situation. I wonder who the third passenger was and if we'll hear from him. Because it seems like he would be the one to have done it since he was in the front seat. At least according to Darby.

Yeah but at the same time we'll never know. Could his boys be covering for him? It's a possibility Bc there is no police report only an incident filed to Uber. 

My question is: why didn't Darby come out and say this Friday ? Immediately after the accusation, he stays quiet for two days? Little suspicious  

Whats concerning is he's found himself in another situation again. Innocent or guilty , this isn't something to take lightly. 

42 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think the key thing is there’s three people this time. 

I think it’s coincidence that Darby was present at both alleged incidents. Provided he can be considered credible for this one, his statement goes some way to helping establish what happened.

It won’t be enough for some people though. Some people will be determined to believe that Ronald Darby would cover up a rape and a sexual assault for his friend, just so they can view Winston as being guilty. 

That’s the court of public opinion, I guess. In terms of what the league decides to do, two eye witnesses telling the same story makes it quite difficult to suspend him. That said, in that case, a suspension could be driven by the negative publicity attracted to the case.

Court of opinion, people will believe what they want, IMO.  Article 46 gives Goodell the power to suspend without cause.  I m sure more information will be forthcoming.  At this point to suspend Winston and/or Darby for an incident with no other witnesses, audio or visual evidence, a police report, but a complaint to Uber and text messages would be unprecedented.  This is the first case a player is being accused of sexual misconduct and an eye witness is another player saying it is false.  To write, well look what happened to Elliot as a comparison is really missing a lot.

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah but at the same time we'll never know. Could his boys be covering for him? It's a possibility Bc there is no police report only an incident filed to Uber. 

My question is: why didn't Darby come out and say this Friday ? Immediately after the accusation, he stays quiet for two days? Little suspicious  

Whats concerning is he's found himself in another situation again. Innocent or guilty , this isn't something to take lightly. 

We have no idea if Darby already talked to the league first.  If I was Darby, I would sure want to know the legal ramfications going forward if I spoke out, even with what I  know is the truth in my mind.  To wait less then 48 hours to speak publically should not raise suspicion one bit especially the way society is today.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We have no idea if Darby already talked to the league first.  If I was Darby, I would sure want to know the legal ramfications going forward if I spoke out, even with what I  know is the truth in my mind.  To wait less then 48 hours to speak publically should not raise suspicion one bit especially the way society is today.

That is another way to think of it as well. 

But if there is a third guy, who is it? 

Didnt winstons agent state that even though it was Jameis account, didn't mean he was in the vehicle? 

It just makes me sick that we're talking about this...again. It's not an accident that this is the third girl who has come out and accused him of this. 

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

He probably took legal advice first. So by the time he’s spoken to a lawyer and got his statement bottomed out, it’s probably Saturday already. The league would likely have wanted to speak to him first or at least his agent would have contacted the league to let them know his plan. 

Then there’s the way it was released. Fox Sports could have sat on it until this morning, despite having received it last night for example.

I think less than 48 hours after the story broke to issue his statement given all the hoops he had to jump through is more than reasonable.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That is another way to think of it as well. 

But if there is a third guy, who is it? 

Didnt winstons agent state that even though it was Jameis account, didn't mean he was in the vehicle? 

It just makes me sick that we're talking about this...again. It's not an accident that this is the third girl who has come out and accused him of this. 

Third girl? 

What have I missed?!

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Court of opinion, people will believe what they want, IMO.  Article 46 gives Goodell the power to suspend without cause.  I m sure more information will be forthcoming.  At this point to suspend Winston and/or Darby for an incident with no other witnesses, audio or visual evidence, a police report, but a complaint to Uber and text messages would be unprecedented.  This is the first case a player is being accused of sexual misconduct and an eye witness is another player saying it is false.  To write, well look what happened to Elliot as a comparison is really missing a lot.

I agree it would be pretty unprecedented and extremely difficult for the league to justify if there’s two people other directly contradicting the driver’s story.

Archived