Mac Jones

biggie.

I read somewhere he’s 2-9 in games where the defense gives up >14?

He doesn’t have the talent (IMO) to be more than a high-end game manager.. I.e Jimmy G, Alex Smith, etc. The Patriots have a bottom 1/3 roster, supported by arguably the best coach and organization in football. When the latter isn’t enough, week-to-week, I don’t see Mac being able to overcome the former. Maybe losing McDaniels proves more costly than expected, but I would still bet on Belichick finding ways to “prop” Mac up, in the same way a great supporting cast might. 

Put him in a lesser organization, with a similar supporting cast and a HC in over his head.. I.e what most young QBs deal with.. I think the outlook would be bleak.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mac to me will likely have an Andy Dalton/Jimmy G type of career arc. He doesn't have the talent to be an upper echelon QB but if you surround him with the right pieces he can put up numbers and lead you to wins. 

I agree. I'm not particularly high on any of the QBs in the AFCE (except Allen, of course). Mac and Tua seem like guys that will be system QBs, but not close to elite. I like Tua more than Mac, though; he can be a borderline top-10 QB. Wilson has the arm talent, but lacks what it takes between the ears and I really do not trust the Jets to develop him right.

19 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I agree. I'm not particularly high on any of the QBs in the AFCE (except Allen, of course). Mac and Tua seem like guys that will be system QBs, but not close to elite. I like Tua more than Mac, though; he can be a borderline top-10 QB. Wilson has the arm talent, but lacks what it takes between the ears and I really do not trust the Jets to develop him right.

I prefer Mac to Tua but I'm not high on either going forward. Wilson is definitely talented and I think the Jets have done a good job of putting talent around him but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. I think missing out on training camp reps and time to start the season hurts him. If he can't show pretty significant progress this season I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets look elsewhere at QB either via trade, free agency, or the draft.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Belichick is overrated because he might get injured.

So, if I’m an AFCE team - say, the Bills - is there a tactical advantage to sending a punt gunner to go out of bounds on a punt and collide into Belly at full speed on the sidelines? 

I mean, not trying to seriously injure the guy. But, crashing into him and giving him a concussion and a sprained ankle? Then NEP has to lean on Patricia or Judge as HC for a game?

That’s a tactical advantage, IMO.