Week 2 - Washington Commanders at Detroit Lions

Superduperman

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/09/16/status-lions-four-injured-starters-remains-day-day-ahead-washington-game/10398125002/

Potentially could be down all three interior O Lineman for this one.  Swift back in practice though which is good.  Amani potentially being out will hurt. 

That's definitely not great considering one of the Commanders' strengths is in their defensive line, more so in the interior. 

It's not great for us having so many injury questions this early on for a team that's already lacking in talent in some positions. 

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 12:06 PM, Karnage84 said:

That's definitely not great considering one of the Commanders' strengths is in their defensive line, more so in the interior. 

It's not great for us having so many injury questions this early on for a team that's already lacking in talent in some positions. 

Commanders will be without Chase Young and Jonathan Allen, which will help. Stenberg played well last week after those false starts. Evan Brown played well at starting C last year for us. Jonah Jackson is needed though. 

I hate to say any week two game is "must win" but this is for the Lions IMO. This is a team we should be able to beat. At home. Even with a few injuries when we've shown to have depth at those spots. Like Sllim said though, it's our defense that needs to step up. Our DL needs to put pressure on Wentz. I want to see improved coverage out of our back seven. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:55 PM, Superduperman said:

I'm kind of concerned. I heard a lot of people saying "the Lions won't face any other running QBs like that" about Hurts but they also won't face many worse passers.

My biggest hope is that the Commanders (lol) don't have the OL the Eagles do and our pass rush should be better. But if it's not a lot better, I see Wentz passing for 3+ TDs because they have good receivers, and Antonio Gibson got off to a very good start last week too.

Losing this game would be a very big downer on whatever goodwill the Lions have built up over the offseason

I agree. It’s a very important game. The Oline injuries are a real concern.

17 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Commanders will be without Chase Young and Jonathan Allen, which will help. Stenberg played well last week after those false starts. Evan Brown played well at starting C last year for us. Jonah Jackson is needed though. 

I hate to say any week two game is "must win" but this is for the Lions IMO. This is a team we should be able to beat. At home. Even with a few injuries when we've shown to have depth at those spots. Like Sllim said though, it's our defense that needs to step up. Our DL needs to put pressure on Wentz. I want to see improved coverage out of our back seven. 

CY was out last game

and Allen is playing .

We pressured Lawrence a lot last week

17 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

no Washington suppose to win

so if u beat us it’s an upset especially with the injuries on your OL

Edited by IHatesnyder

13 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Amon-Ra St. Brown now has 8+ catches in 7 straight games, one behind the all-time record held by Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown.

St. Brown also has a TD grab in 5 straight games played, the longest streak by a Lion since Calvin Johnson in 2011.

yards 1 td 

I have 0 confidence in fuller/ and William Jackson