The Pick-a-nic Rankings (Yogi's Positional BB)

YogiBiz

1 hour ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

No Darren Carrington in your top 10 WRs?

No, and not even close. All the off field issues make him undraftable to me. 

To me smoking pot isn't a bad thing (referring to one of the reasons why he was let go), but if you know you're a student athlete that regularly gets drug tested don't do it. That hit isn't worth millions. Talent wise I would have him ranked in round 4, but his Off the Field Issues have him staying in the UDFA category for me. 

Scouting Report: 

Equanimeous St. Brown [Wide Receiver, Notre Dame University Fighting Irish] 

Measurables: 

Height - 77”

Weight - 203lbs

Arm Length -

40 Time -

3 Cone -

10 Yard Split -

Vertical Jump -

Broad Jump -

Bench - 

Strengths: A tall receiver  with size, and St. Brown has even shown good strength when fighting through corners. His frame allows him to box out almost every cornerback (not many can contend with this guy physically). He also has shown to be exceptionally quick while running good routes. He has good hands, and can highpoint a football better than a lot of this class. He has also shown to have excellent body control, being able to contort for all kinds of different catches, but still keep his balance when landing. When you add into the fact him being a straight up burner, you have a special receiver prospect who has a bright future in the NFL.Very few corners can stay on him. 

Weaknesses: Production. St. Brown has all of the talent in the world, but he hasn’t put much production in terms of stats (which is largely attributed to the awful QB play at Notre Dame). This will have some people lean towards players like Ridley/Sutton when it comes to top receiver. Could look to add more weight, looks a little thin, he is more physical than strong. He has no other significant weakness(es). 

Comparison: AJ Green [Wide Receiver, University of Georgia Bulldogs]

Draft Projection: Early First Round Pick [#5 Overall/#1WR]

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just going to put this one out there, you're incredibly generous with your QB grades.  I mean, late 1st/early 2nd for Thorson...why?

He's got a strong arm, is athletic enough to make you pay with his legs, surveys the field well, and has improved his ability to move around in the pocket. Thorson is the king of trying to do too much for his squad, and then makes a bad decision. Smart kid overall. 

EDIT: I need to change the rankings since he is going back to school. 

L.J. Scott said he's going back to Michigan State.

Personally, I'd rank Damien Harris higher. He's got explosive burst and is still a capable pass protector. A lot of the top RBs (Guice, K. Johnson, Jones II) I'm not really buying in to yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, AlNFL19 said:

L.J. Scott said he's going back to Michigan State.

Personally, I'd rank Damien Harris higher. He's got explosive burst and is still a capable pass protector. A lot of the top RBs (Guice, K. Johnson, Jones II) I'm not really buying in to yet.

Sorry I haven't edited my rankings to reflect returning players yet. I have also been researching more on defensive players. 

On 11/24/2017 at 7:58 AM, YogiBiz said:

looks a little thin

That's being awful generous about St. Brown.

St. Brown has the waist of a homeless crackhead. Dude looks so weird running routes.

Also, I don't agree with how low you have Derrius Guice. He's much better than the guys you have in front of him except Saquon. I don't hate St. Brown, but I'll do a backflip into a puddle of AIDS if he gets drafted in the top 5. He's nowhere near that good. Even if the dude destroys the combine, nobody's taking a guy with that little production that high. The QB play was abysmal, but it doesn't change the fact that his stats were unacceptably poor.

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's being awful generous about St. Brown.

St. Brown has the waist of a homeless crackhead. Dude looks so weird running routes.

Uhh he looks like he's the same size Green was coming out. In terms of thickness. 

Also, I don't agree with how low you have Derrius Guice. He's much better than the guys you have in front of him except Saquon. I don't hate St. Brown, but I'll do a backflip into a puddle of AIDS if he gets drafted in the top 5. He's nowhere near that good. Even if the dude destroys the combine, nobody's taking a guy with that little production that high. The QB play was abysmal, but it doesn't change the fact that his stats were unacceptably poor.

I am just not a fan of Guice, he'd play well In a committee, but I don't think hes a feature back. I guess I should rename draft projection to BB ranking

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Uhh he looks like he's the same size Green was coming out. In terms of thickness. 

My comment about your generosity towards St. Brown stems from his top 5 status you have him at. Comparing him to AJ Green in terms of how they both looked like twigs in college doesn't mean he deserves the comparison. St. Brown was not productive in college. AJ Green was insanely productive. Albeit with a better QB, but I saw Green create much more separation than St. Brown does. Also, for a dude that's 6'5, he doesn't attack the football very well. He should be a NIGHTMARE in the red zone. He's adequate. To compare him to Green, who was unbelievable at climbing the ladder and high pointing, is a little bit much for me. That's all.

I like Calvin Ridley a lot and consider him to be the top WR in the class, but he's not a world beater in the likes of a Julio Jones or anything. I'm open to hearing arguments that St. Brown would be the top WR taken, but the AJ Green comparison would draw a facepalm from even St. Brown's family and friends.

Archived