Trade Advice Thread

Sad People

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what are the settings/starters, scoring? without seeing the rosters of each team, it looks like a poor trade for the team getting Lamb, but if it is 3 depth pieces for a better starting WR, maybe it makes sense.

Carr is a pretty meh QB in that mid range that feels underwhelming.  Bateman is a low volume TD dependent WR in a run heavy offense that is really the #2 target.  Conner is a flex level player that is generally inefficient with his touches and perpetually hurt.

Lamb is a target hog that has the highest upside. 

6 point TDs all around, PPR, start 2 RBs 3 WRs and 1 FLEX.  The trade went through, and its not that big of a deal as im not in their division. I really dont think it was fair but it is what it is. Just a weird trade. But the teams are as follows after the it went through.

Team A whos 0-3

QB Went / Carr / Goff

RB Ekeler / A. Jones / E. Mitchell / Jeff Wilson / Mostert / Conner

WR Metcalf / Cooks / Aiyuk / Renfrow / London / Meyers / Bateman

TE Higbee / Ertz

D/ST 49ers

Team B whos 2-1

QB Cousins / Fields

RB Swift / J. Williams / ETN / Sanders / G Edwards

WR Kupp / Cooper / Kirk / E. Moore / Burks / Lamb

TE Everett / Schultz

D/ST Packers/ Browns / Vikings / Chargers

41 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

6 point TDs all around, PPR, start 2 RBs 3 WRs and 1 FLEX.  The trade went through, and its not that big of a deal as im not in their division. I really dont think it was fair but it is what it is. Just a weird trade. But the teams are as follows after the it went through.

Team A whos 0-3

QB Went / Carr / Goff

RB Ekeler / A. Jones / E. Mitchell / Jeff Wilson / Mostert / Conner

WR Metcalf / Cooks / Aiyuk / Renfrow / London / Meyers / Bateman

TE Higbee / Ertz

D/ST 49ers

Team B whos 2-1

QB Cousins / Fields

RB Swift / J. Williams / ETN / Sanders / G Edwards

WR Kupp / Cooper / Kirk / E. Moore / Burks / Lamb

TE Everett / Schultz

D/ST Packers/ Browns / Vikings / Chargers

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Lamb is the best player in the trade.   Kupp, Lamb, Kirk, Cooper is a really solid WR group to start in a a PPR format.  lamb is an upgrade over Bateman ROS.  Not sure that losing Conner is the best plan with the RB that are left.  Not bad, but hurts the depth and Swift is dealing with an injury.  Dealing Carr might be a case of just removing a decision of who to start between Cousins/Carr.  

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Lamb is the best player in the trade.   Kupp, Lamb, Kirk, Cooper is a really solid WR group to start in a a PPR format.  lamb is an upgrade over Bateman ROS.  Not sure that losing Conner is the best plan with the RB that are left.  Not bad, but hurts the depth and Swift is dealing with an injury.  Dealing Carr might be a case of just removing a decision of who to start between Cousins/Carr.  

Yeah I did my part and tried vetoing it but it went through regardless. 

Edited by mattyice0401

9 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I did my part and tried vetoing it but it went through regardless. 

I don't like veto's unless its egregiously bad and looks like collusion.  This just looks like a bad trade but not bad enough to shift the league.  I can see with the depth why the second team would do it.  I'd be more concerned with why someone has 4 defenses in a fantasy league.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't like veto's unless its egregiously bad and looks like collusion.  This just looks like a bad trade but not bad enough to shift the league.  I can see with the depth why the second team would do it.  I'd be more concerned with why someone has 4 defenses in a fantasy league.  

Yeah he weill probably drop some after the WW goes through today. But im also not good with the trades so who am i to say.

Edited by mattyice0401

32 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah he weill probably drop some after the WW goes through today. But im also not good with the trades as ish who who am i to say.

I think it looks worse in preseason than in actuality of how things are playing out.  Carr is the #12-14 QB based on scoring.  Connor is the RB28. Bateman is WR30.  Lamb is only WR23 but is getting a lot of the target share comparative to Bateman who has one big week and a couple duds.  Based on the guys team he overpaid with depth to improve his starters.  If those guys were starters and he gave them away to make another team better, then its a bad trade but both teams improved their starters with the trade which seems fair IMO. 

• Like 1

Just made a redraft trade 

I sent Etienne, Aiyuk and K Walker

i got Miles Sanders and Burks 

I drafted Etienne as my rb 2 and I just don’t trust him with any consistency. Getting the sure fire RB 1 in a good offense and an upside WR for 2 players I never know when to start and a roster clog feels like a win 

In my 0.5 points per carry with full PPR, I was able to swap James Robinson for Najee Harris. I have Kamara, Zeke, Gibson and Brian Robinson as my other RBs. Now I'm really hoping the Steelers move on to Pickett and open that offense up a bit more. Full team over there is;

QBs - Herbert, Lawrence
RBs - Kamara, Harris, Elliott, Gibson, Robinson
WRs - Jefferson, St. Brown, London, Garrett Wilson, Landry
TEs - Waller, Higbee
DST - Broncos
K - McPherson

Pretty sure I have the strongest team in that league if my guys hit their ceilings or get healthy, just need to make the right plays each week.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:48 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Just made a redraft trade 

I sent Etienne, Aiyuk and K Walker

i got Miles Sanders and Burks 

I drafted Etienne as my rb 2 and I just don’t trust him with any consistency. Getting the sure fire RB 1 in a good offense and an upside WR for 2 players I never know when to start and a roster clog feels like a win 

Yep, nothing with solidifying your rb2 spot.

May Have lost a bit come late season if Robinson/Penny get hurt but it’s worth it.

In my auction league I screwed up trying to bid up Andrews after getting Kelce and and ended up with both.  Because of that my WRs lacked significantly so I traded Kelce and Drake London for Kittle and Jamar Chase. Final results below:

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Saquan Barkley
RB Breece Hall
WR Jamar Chase
WR Hollywood Brown
TE Mark Andrews
Flex George Kittle (or one of the WR's below)

Bench:
QB - Tua (likely to drop if he is out a while)
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - Kenneth Walker
RB - Eno Benjamin
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Garrett Wilson
WR - Allen Robinson
TE - Albert O (position limits so it was keep another TE, a third QB or a bench IDP)

I may now try and package some pieces for a better QB or RB but I like Hall's progression and Hunt is a solid rotational piece but could use more RB depth. 

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In my auction league I screwed up trying to bid up Andrews after getting Kelce and and ended up with both.  Because of that my WRs lacked significantly so I traded Kelce and Drake London for Kittle and Jamar Chase. Final results below:

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Saquan Barkley
RB Breece Hall
WR Jamar Chase
WR Hollywood Brown
TE Mark Andrews
Flex George Kittle (or one of the WR's below)

Bench:
QB - Tua (likely to drop if he is out a while)
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - Kenneth Walker
RB - Eno Benjamin
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Garrett Wilson
WR - Allen Robinson
TE - Albert O (position limits so it was keep another TE, a third QB or a bench IDP)

I may now try and package some pieces for a better QB or RB but I like Hall's progression and Hunt is a solid rotational piece but could use more RB depth. 

I'd try and move Kittle to a TE needy team before his value completely tanks. No Trent Williams for a month + makes me think that is going to be an extremely run heavy game script for the niners and they are desperately going to need him as a blocker more often than normal on passing routes. I posted it before, but his usage is brutal over his last 6 games or so and his overall usage in the passing game is far too sporadic for me to trust weekly. But he has name value and has only played a game so far this year