shouldn't there be a Brett Favre thread?

James Lofton

IDGAF, I'd never be the Packers fan I am without growing up with that dude. Yeah he might be a slimeball and I'm not excusing that, but it also doesn't take away my memories just because he left and then did stupid **** or whatever else. 

I'm here for the sport of it all, which doesn't mean I won't judge a person's actions or character, I'm early to jump on that. But sometimes I feel like everything that he did that excited us and made us fans was erased because heaven forbid we didn't want him anymore and now we use all this ****, which is 100% real, to justify those stupid *** feelings of the time.

Don't ******* @me. I'm right

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Norm said:

IDGAF, I'd never be the Packers fan I am without growing up with that dude. Yeah he might be a slimeball and I'm not excusing that, but it also doesn't take away my memories just because he left and then did stupid **** or whatever else. 

I'm here for the sport of it all, which doesn't mean I won't judge a person's actions or character, I'm early to jump on that. But sometimes I feel like everything that he did that excited us and made us fans was erased because heaven forbid we didn't want him anymore and now we use all this ****, which is 100% real, to justify those stupid *** feelings of the time.

There are two parts to Favre.  Football player and person. 

It think it is more than fine to simply love and adore the football player....while understanding the person is, uh, yah..well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Norm said:

Yup, nothing will change when I watch 90s Packers highlights, I'll still have my same youthful fondness of all those memories.

Hell my Myspace password when I was in 7th grade was "Brett Favre." Go ahead and hack me now @Norm

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Norm said:

The silly part of this is that people act like Favre had access to the funds to do as he pleased with them, as if he was the Governor. He campaigned to have a volleyball court built like 100's of other people campaigned to have special interest programs funded. He benefited from a seedy system. It is a very bad look and a crappy use of those funds, but Favre is not a lone wolf here.     

• Like 1

Favre was awesome as a GB QB. Loved him as a player. Glad he was brought in to help, along with White, to revitalize a failing organization (arguments can be made who out of Wolfe, White, and Favre had the biggest impact). 

The person since then has failed at being human.

• Like 2