shouldn't there be a Brett Favre thread?

James Lofton

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

News flash for people, more often than not your "charitable donation" doesn't go where you think it does.

Please note that there are plenty of credible charities that do great work. There are also some very credible places to review charities to verify where the money is going. Saying "more often than not" is doing a disservice to a ton of charities. Personally though if your interested in donating to charity I find smaller more local charities tend to do  a lot more with a lot less then the larger more national charities. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Sarcasm. Just needed an excuse to post that corny video.

Those kids cant rip a sweet dart 60 yards down the sideline, on account of all the cancer, probably.

Brett deserves that money.

You gotta stick with your trolling longer. We couldve had a fun little back and forth there.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Those kids cant rip a sweet dart 60 yards down the sideline, on account of all the cancer, probably.

Brett deserves that money.

You gotta stick with your trolling longer. We couldve had a fun little back and forth there.

That had a very Norm McDonald vibe. Miss that guy. RIP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Please note that there are plenty of credible charities that do great work. There are also some very credible places to review charities to verify where the money is going. Saying "more often than not" is doing a disservice to a ton of charities. Personally though if your interested in donating to charity I find smaller more local charities tend to do  a lot more with a lot less then the larger more national charities. 

There isn’t a single charity that doesn’t skim 70%.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Where did you find the time to do the research so you would now that?

I’ve spent the past 34 years in reality, not the idealistic fairy tale world a lot of people live in.

Across all religions, political leanings, montras, creeds, belief systems and causes.

Anything that surpasses double digit millions… Those charities are skimming, and people running them are getting wealthy.

27 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Where did you find the time to do the research so you would now that?

It’s an educated guess. 

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

LOL research. I assume he does most of his research through Facebook memes.

James Downing was paid 1.2 million dollars as the CEO of St. Jude’s.

His current net worth is around 319 million.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/celebrity-backe-st-judes-childrens-hospital-slammed-in-pro-publica-report-1234873915/amp/

I could keep going.

If you’re dumb enough to think that the majority of charitable donations actually reach their intended cause, hey, enjoy that idealistic fairytale world you’re living in.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation/americas-50-worst-charities-rake-in-nearly-1-billion-for-corporate/2339540/?outputType=amp

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

James Downing was paid 1.2 million dollars as the CEO of St. Jude’s.

His current net worth is around 319 million.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/celebrity-backe-st-judes-childrens-hospital-slammed-in-pro-publica-report-1234873915/amp/

I could keep going.

If you’re dumb enough to think that the majority of charitable donations actually reach their intended cause, hey, enjoy that idealistic fairytale world you’re living in.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation/americas-50-worst-charities-rake-in-nearly-1-billion-for-corporate/2339540/?outputType=amp

I found a website that lists the 50 worst charities. None of the charities that I contribute to were on that list. Of course there are charities out there that are just a scam. That is especially true when you have a disaster like you have in Florida right now. But if you do your homework, you can avoid them. There are many charities that exist for all the wrong reasons. There are many that exist for all the right reasons. To lump them all together is irresponsible IMHO. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But since he no longer plays for the Packers or represents the Packers in any capacity, I have literally nothing that makes me not want to see him thrown in prison.

Some however need to slow their roll....He hasn't yet been charged with anything and I'm not sure if he has told his side of the story....Let the process play out....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan