2K22: Game 3 - @ Indianapolis Colts

onejayhawk

Sunday, Sept. 25    @ Indianapolis Colts    Noon CT 

This is largely based on the 2nd game against the Chargers and their touted pass rush, but it affects the rest of the season. The OL was not in top form but they kept Mahomes upright against a very good pass rush. One play worth note is Pacheco picking up the blitz. Rookies are notoriously bad at this.

Interesting matchups: Pittman, Jr another big bodied WR considering KC struggled with Williams  Thursday early on. 

Can the D-Line get off to faster start and make Ryan move off his spots.

How will Bolton and Gay Jr hold up to JT

I expect to see more of the base 4-3 against the Colts, meaning more of Chenal. 

The Chargers' OL was much better than last season until Linsley was hurt. Even so they put up only 10 points in the first half. Mike Williams made hay but the Chiefs controlled the LOS.

15 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Interesting matchups: Pittman, Jr another big bodied WR considering KC struggled with Williams  Thursday early on. 

Can the D-Line get off to faster start and make Ryan move off his spots.

How will Bolton and Gay Jr hold up to JT

If he plays. I think pitman is out this week at least 

This game for me is about trying to limit JT as much as possible and put pressure on Ryan to win the game.

getting out to our patented early devastating lead that we are capable of doing will certainly force their hand. 

8 hours ago, BigTrav said:

This game for me is about trying to limit JT as much as possible and put pressure on Ryan to win the game.

getting out to our patented early devastating lead that we are capable of doing will certainly force their hand. 

Bolton will need to be a monster. 

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Bolton will need to be a monster. 

We could get a coming out game from Chenal. With the extra time to plan the defense we should do as well as we have against the Titans and Henry.

Getting ahead has always been an effective to control the opponent's running game. We did not manage that against the Chargers. 

15 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I've become increasingly less concerned about this game. Which probably means it'll be a problem.

If it was mid season I’d be super concerned.   We typically don’t let up early,    Which probably means we’ll let up.  

7 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Yeah that OL is NOT what it used to be 

It's not bad by any means. FBO has the Indy OL as #7 against the run (we're #8) and #13 in pass-pro and PFF ranks them #10.

They have a definite preference to running right, toward Braden Smith, vs left toward new LT matt Pryor. 

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

It's not bad by any means. FBO has the Indy OL as #7 against the run (we're #8) and #13 in pass-pro and PFF ranks them #10.

They have a definite preference to running right, toward Braden Smith, vs left toward new LT matt Pryor. 

No doubt, they subbed him out for Raiman, then he was crap, so they subbed Pryor back in! 

Shall we say it's a lopsided line now?