"The Mike Shanahan regime began w/ the relentless pursuit of a rat"

Brian23

What’s ironic about all this is that the redskins player most fans hated from 2010-2014 actually wanted what most of that fans wanted and that was to stay in the 3-4 and go back to it because he wanted to rush with his hand in the dirt as a DE and didn’t want to have to cove 1/4 of the game.

17 hours ago, footy_29 said:

Maybe Orakpo, I'll admit it's possible. But maybe Bowen.

What about Josh Wilson?
What about Jarvis Jenkins?
What about Perry Riley?

Just throwing out names. There were a ton of guys who could have felt affected by all of this. Could it have been Kerrigan or Fletcher? It could have been Trent Williams, Hall or Doughty?

If you're taking down a coaching regime, you have to feel slighted. They have to be negatively affecting your career somehow.

All said and done, the Shanahan's brought transition and should have avoided the tempatation to trade up, as many said before the draft. Collect your draft picks and only trade up when you have extra ammunition to make it happen. This team would be a playoff team if they had kept taking chances on mid-round QBs, but many argued (probably me) that getting an elite QB is more substantive.

Bowen, Wilson, Jenkins and Riley were all acquired by Shanahan I doubt it was them, Carriker or Cofield but it could have been. 

Archived