Special Teams and Defence

hornbybrown

They are simply not good enough and changes need to be made. 

Felton can’t be on punt returns anymore. 
Delpit has been part of two really bad blown coverages.

Worse than those are the two coordinators. They are holding this team back. I don’t know if you can fire them after two weeks but I wouldn’t be upset.

Some people are blaming Stefnaski. That’s stupid 

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Delpit needs to be benched Thursday night. He for some reason headed to JJ3’s side of the field on that long TD, he was meant to be the Saftey cover over the top of Ward

I haven’t seen but I’m assuming Flacco lead him the wrong way with his eyes but there is no excuse for blowing the assignment like that 

28 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Woods is more terrible.

Yep. Priefer sucks, but Woods being a secondary coach and being given all the top resources at that position group one could possibly want and still not knowing how to coach his players or call plays to close out 2 score leads in the 4th quarter takes the cake.

50 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Woods has been here for 3 years. There should be no excuses for players not knowing where to be. Emerson is the only rookie out there. Everyone else should know the plays and where to be. 

They’re not rookies or inexperienced. This isn’t new dudes getting taken advantage of.  This is experienced vets who don’t know what they’re doing.  It’s 2021 all over again.  Woods just won’t run press/man and insists on zone.  

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’re not rookies or inexperienced. This isn’t new dudes getting taken advantage of.  This is experienced vets who don’t know what they’re doing.  It’s 2021 all over again.  Woods just won’t run press/man and insists on zone.  

Our zone defense isn’t even a good zone defense. We keep getting burnt deep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our zone defense isn’t even a good zone defense. We keep getting burnt deep.

Lol right?  This is like the one thing zone is supposed to do, keep **** in front of folks and force longer, drawn out drives.

And like, under 2 min idgaf of what I call is predicable or whatever, I’m calling what my players are 100% comfortable with.  Beat me doing what I do well, not me trying to be clever. There shouldn’t be mixups then.