Sunday GDT: Around the League, but really Browns/Jags

titans0021

14 minutes ago, footlunder said:

You've been telling us since last season that Mariota wasn't going to be elite . Newsflash, the majority of the media and fans feel the same way!  Some fans, bloggers, stat nerds, and media types that aren't mainstream think he can be but the majority think he's a good qb and will be a franchise qb for us for a decade.  For the love of God, stop preaching this like it's news.

IMO, Mariota is one of the better decision makers from the new group of QBs.  I've watched a lot of MM, Dak, Wentz, Carr, Winston, all of Kizer, Bortles, Goff (even last season) and i'd rank MM and Dak at the top.  

I wouldn't be saying anything if another poster weren't trying to argue he can be elite. And everyone worrying about his play this year when his play this year isn't really any different(sans Pittsburgh game) than it's been the majority of his career, and worrying that he hasn't taken the "next step", when there's no real next step for him to take. So apparently not everyone is aware, considering how many people are concerned by that.

And no, the majority certainly don't feel that way. The word elite gets thrown around more than any word I know of.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I wouldn't be saying anything if another poster weren't trying to argue he can be elite. And everyone worrying about his play this year when his play this year isn't really any different(sans Pittsburgh game) than it's been the majority of his career, and worrying that he hasn't taken the "next step", when there's no real next step for him to take. So apparently not everyone is aware, considering how many people are concerned by that.

And no, the majority certainly don't feel that way. The word elite gets thrown around more than any word I know of.

@Deeluxx3, make it stop... spare us, please!  @TitanLegend will not stop until he has the last word that Mariota is not elite.  

1 minute ago, footlunder said:

@Deeluxx3, make it stop... spare us, please!  @TitanLegend will not stop until he has the last word that Mariota is not elite.  

It's a message board, man. The entire point is to discuss things. And me and deeluxx were having a perfectly fine discussion until you decided to be a sarcastic ******* about it. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from me and him.

49 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's a message board, man. The entire point is to discuss things. And me and deeluxx were having a perfectly fine discussion until you decided to be a sarcastic ******* about it. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from me and him.

From you?  Laughable.

1 minute ago, footlunder said:

From you? Laughable.  You're a condescending, self-righteous know it all.  Going to take a hard pass on that.  I'm really not being sarcastic when I tell you how sad it is that you feel the need to go on multiple titans forums to state that MM isn't going to be an elite QB.  

I post on two Titans forums. This one and TitansReport, and I have like 100? 150? posts on there since Marcus became our QB/2015, and very few of those are related to Marcus(or at least solely Marcus, he's obviously implied when discussing the offense as a whole). Think you've got the wrong guy.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I post on two Titans forums. This one and TitansReport, and I have like 100? 150? posts on there since Marcus became our QB/2015, and very few of those are related to Marcus(or at least solely Marcus, he's obviously implied when discussing the offense as a whole). Think you've got the wrong guy.

That's it, TR.

Serious question, I've seen quite a bit of Dak, Wentz, and Goff.  Who do you think has the best chance out of the new school of QBs to be elite.  We actually don't differ in our assessments of Carr and Mariota.

Just now, footlunder said:

That's it, TR.

Serious question, I've seen quite a bit of Dak, Wentz, and Goff.  Who do you think has the best chance out of the new school of QBs to be elite.  We actually don't differ in our assessments of Carr and Mariota.

It's hard to say. Dak has consistently performed well since day 1, though they're sputtering without Zeke and Tryon Smith. Goff's rookie year was abysmal, though he had no one to throw to and his coaching was bad. I'm not as impressed with his season this year as a lot of people are, though I think he has played well overall. I thought Wentz's rookie year was pretty damn bad as well, but he's been one of the best QBs in the NFL this season, especially since October.

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick, I'd probably pick Wentz, simply based off the fact that he's the only guy of the 3 to play at an elite level with any consistency, but that "consistency" only really spans from October through today.

I'm not sure any of the 3 make it to that level consistently though.

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I agree. Let's try to do less going at a person and more debate/conversation about the points trying to be made. 

Some good football talk, let's encourage each other to keep it going. 

Do people honestly use the ignore feature on here? I mean to each his own, but regardless of my opinion on someone, I enjoy reading everyone's posts and point of views. Counterpoints is what generates discussion and debate. How lonely it must be to only want to hear the side that you want to listen to. I guess it's a neat utopia feature for the forum.

Archived