Sunday GDT: Around the League, but really Browns/Jags

titans0021

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

When it comes to the Browns game, I'd say it's more looking at an overcast day and being afraid that a storm is going to blow in in about two hours lol.

For me personally, the amount we win by doesn't mean as much as just how we look. I don't need us to be an elite team, I never expected us to be an elite team. I just want us to look better, particularly when we play terrible teams. We haven't had a very difficult schedule and are sitting on a point differential of -31. The Jags are at +92. Now something can obviously be said for winning close games, but at some point I'd like to see an ability to put a team away when we have a lead. We let Cincy hang around when that game should've been out of reach, we let Baltimore hang around when that game should've been done already, and God knows we let Cleveland stick in the game.

I just don't look at this team and think that it's better than last year's squad. Which is discouraging after an offseason where we had $60 million in cap space and two picks in the top 16. That's the thing that bothers me more than anything. The real lack of improvement. We were 16th in scoring defense last year, this year we're 25th. We were 14th in scoring offense last year, this year we're 15th.

That's what I come back to when I look at the job the staff is doing. Wins are great. And I'm not going to pretend I'm upset about being 6-4. But I expect to see improvement from one year to the next, especially when there's so much young talent on the roster. It'd be one thing if we lost some quality players in FA, or if we were facing a significantly harder schedule this season, but we didn't and we're not. I don't know. Maybe I'm asking for too much. It's just been two months since I've watched a Titans game and thought that this actually looked like a quality football team. There were flashes in that Ravens game, but that's about it ever since the Seahawks win.

What has surprised me or disappointed me the most is the regression of the offensive line.  We aren't blocking like we were.  Should we have made Fasano the highest paid TE in league history? Lol Because apparently he is the missing link.

I agree, we haven't played a complete game since Seattle, even that game had it's ups and downs. It's just been one side taking turns to not show up completely. 

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My "content" comes from the fact that we are where half the league is.....I've enjoyed seeing the team win, regardless of how they got there. Do I think we are unbeatable? Nope. Not by a long shot. There is a big difference between not being satisfied/comfortable with how we play and thinking we don't deserve to be in the NFL, because we didn't blowout another NFL team.

Maybe it's just my personality and view on life, but I just don't understand why I would look at a sunny day and get mad that it might rain tomorrow. That is what it sounds like to me. We won, but we win the next game playing like that. I just don't look at things that way.

We aren't terrible but we aren't a dominating team. We are a team with a 3rd year QB. A run first team that isn't running the ball well. A revamped secondary. Under-performing offensive line. Inconsistent play calling. We are an average NFL team. A team that could win or lose a game, any given Sunday. And for a team that had higher chances of losing games, no matter the opponent, on any given Sunday, I welcome the idea of having a chance to win. 

It's not like we have been hanging around 8-8 with the current staff. The current staff has ushered us in from bottom feeders to middle of the road/above average in 2 seasons. I don't see why I wouldn't let the season play out before I all out call for heads to roll. Just because we haven't won pretty?
I remember distinctly the ones doing a lot of complaining simply wishing to be able to win like we did in the "old days" compared to feeling completely hopeless every Sunday.

We go 6-10, then lets clean house.  But if we go 10-6, win the division and host a home playoff game in year 2 of this staff and someone still hate things going on, I would have a hard time finding reasoning in that thinking.

So you want fisherball.  7-10 wins a year.  Do well enough to not get fired but don’t ever get anywhere significant on a consistent basis.  We have a good qb and some young guys with great potential but we wanna be fisher bc we have sucked for so long.  Sad.  

19 minutes ago, footlunder said:

So you want fisherball.  7-10 wins a year.  Do well enough to not get fired but don’t ever get anywhere significant on a consistent basis.  We have a good qb and some young guys with great potential but we wanna be fisher bc we have sucked for so long.  Sad.  

Obviously you missed the point. 
Am I going to be ok with 8 wins year after year? No. I don't believe I said that at any point. If you take the time to read it again,  I recall saying currently, meaning this year, we are on pace to win more games than we did last year. We have a high chance to win the division. We have a high chance to make the playoffs.  With the way we've played, I'll be happy with that. 
I did not say i'll be happy with being bounced in the 1st round. I didn't say, I'd be happy with those results year after year. I said this year, again meaning this current year. When the year started, majority of the people here wanted those goals to be accomplished (Win the division, make the playoffs.)

But to have a trend wouldn't it call for more than one year? We are year two of Murlakey and company as a staff. Right now we are on pace to win more games than we did last year. I'm willingly to do something wild and crazy, like see how the current year ends before I make a decision on how I will feel going forward. If you've made your decision now, great for you.
If you are upset. Great for you.  If you happen to be one that is ready to move on from Marcus, great for you. Be upset, scout the QB's, make a wishlist of your next HC and QBs. You are perfectly entitled to do so. Make your threads. PooPoo anyone ok with the year. Go at it.  

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Could be a windy day up in Cleveland. Making the passing game more difficult than a normal day. Maybe that feeds into the Browns strength of stopping the run. 

And Tyrell Pryor inactive in Washington?  Is he hurt or did they bench him?

Pryor has an ankle injury. Though I can't pretend he hasn't been a giant disappointment. The one year deal where he bet on himself has failed pretty spectacularly.

Archived