The Good, the Bad the fire this organization into the sun vs. Cardinals

RaidersAreOne

I would love to see some pocket collapsing we brought in 100 interior dlineman this offseason and they aint doing nothing. Crosby just out there running around trying to make anything happen. While the rest of the dline still at line of scrimmage. I can't belive we never sent 5. Crosby started to get double teamed or chip every play..if that is the kinda adjustments/garbage graham going to bring I'm very disappointed in that hire. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I would love to see some pocket collapsing we brought in 100 interior dlineman this offseason and they aint doing nothing. Crosby just out there running around trying to make anything happen. While the rest of the dline still at line of scrimmage. I can't belive we never sent 5. Crosby started to get double teamed or chip every play..if that is the kinda adjustments/garbage graham going to bring I'm very disappointed in that hire. 

Last time we had some real pocket pushers was what 2010/2011 TK and Seymour years that 2010 team had 47 sacks would kill for that last few years 

I've seen only the first half so far and still can't believe that we lost that game.
So here are my thoughts about the game, so far.

good:

- O-Line looked improved (except for JJ Watt sack), although we played with a Rookie-Center

- We spread the targets (insert Riley Reid spread it Meme) - I saw at least 6 different targets incl. run-game as "target"

- Abram seems to have found his position in this scheme

- Robertson INT

bad:

probably the second half what I've seen in your comments

ugly:

OT loss

Here's the deal - I don't want to sound like a deluded optimist, but there were things that worked, things that improved from last week
and therefore I believe in the process that we get better.

I know we've spend a ton of money in the off-season and it's demoralizing that we're standing at 0-2 by now but I think with this coaching stuff,
we can make the next step.

Addition after seeing the Highlights

the bad:

- missed tackles from LBs, especially from Deablo

the ugly:

- the cards converted almost every 4th down
   how the f*** is it possible that they converted the 2-Point-conversion. Murray has an eternity time in that play
   same goes for the tieing TD - Crosby has his hands around him, and didn't made the sack

the very ugly:

- We lost due to a fumble recovery TD, as we were about to go in Field Goal range to win that game.

conclusio is atm still the same - we lost a game that we should've won, and it wasn't the coaches fault imho

Edited by Styrian Raider
Addition after seeing the Highlights
  • Like 2

The Good

The first half

The Bad

The second half

The Ugly

Some of the reactions here 😄

We lost, deserved to lose but it’s just one game on a journey of a few years. We’ve been through much worse. Looking forward to next game. If we can put second half against Denver together with first half from Arizona we’re more than fine 😀

• Like 3

Good

• 1st 1/2 Derek Carr - Difference in movement from last week was amazing + not forcing it
  • Josh Jacobs - fighting for every yard
  • O-line - good improvement from last week and overall a solid outting
  • Mack Hollins - 5/8 66 yards and the special teams tackle
  • Secondary - For the most part was in good coverage and broke-up a lot of would be catches. 
  • Foster Moreau - 3/4 for 30 yards and FR
  • Daniel Carlson and A.J. Cole.

Bad 

• The missed sacks by Maxx. Overall he was good and the only impact player on the front 7 but he should have had multiple sacks this game. 

Ugly

• Renfrow 2 fumbles
  • Davante 2/7 12 yard 1 td isn't good enough
  • The defensive front 7 - Deablo stood out as having a bad time and Chandler Jones is a ghost
  • How whingy this forum gets after losses... Two games in and people are giving up on the coaching staff and doing cringey 'you were right' @s at Denver fans...

Unknown/need to rewatch 

• What happened to the offense in the second half
  • What happened to the defense in the second half
  • Like 3

I guess one bright side is that we were in a position to win at the very end in both games so far. We could just as potentially be 2-0 right now, so we’re not that far off. I think not having Moehrig and Perryman (and maybe even James) hurt more than we realize.

That doesn’t excuse our incredibly poor second-half performance. It also doesn’t excuse the refs from missing holds on Ferrel and Jones on the same play (at a critical time that probably would have ended the game in our favor). It doesn’t excuse the bad play-calling in the second-half. It doesn’t excuse Renfro not having any Overtime ball security whatsoever. But it is what it is. Changes need to be made regardless. Here’s hoping Mark gets in McDaniels’s face this week and tell him to get his act together. 🤞

• Like 1

Starting 0-2 creates an uphill battle to make the playoffs. 

Not going to panic yet. There was always going to be a learning curve and adjustment to a new staff and philosophy. My question coming into the season was how they would respond to adversity. Unfortunately, that questions is going to be answered early in the season for better or worse.

One of two things is happening next week. They either refocus, tweak their game plan and put this loss behind them. Or they don't show up on the road and the McDaniel's honeymoon ends week 3. 

Really important week of practice and game planning coming up.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Starting 0-2 creates an uphill battle to make the playoffs. 

Not going to panic yet. There was always going to be a learning curve and adjustment to a new staff and philosophy. My question coming into the season was how they would respond to adversity. Unfortunately, that questions is going to be answered early in the season for better or worse.

One of two things is happening next week. They either refocus, tweak their game plan and put this loss behind them. Or they don't show up on the road and the McDaniel's honeymoon ends week 3. 

Really important week of practice and game planning coming up.

Learning curve was ok for how we played and how we lost in the first game. I just can't get behind that for yesterday lost. Mcdaniels isn't a new head coach and has been in league long enough to be better. Carr has been in league long enough to step into his throws, stop throwing off his back foot and reading the field better. To much money went out on offense to score 3 points in 2 separate halves. This a game of inches and the inches right now is saying we could be 1-4 going into the bye. Which I don't think mark Davis signed up when he hired Josh and signed all those contracts. 

• Like 1