• if you stare into the sun
    • Horny
    • Horny horny
    • kiwi as a new mod
    • Mike
    • Nudetaynes butt hole
  3. 3. who wins

52 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

So what you are doing is trolling a Browns forum, and think it's ok based on your previous allegiance?  I know you are still butt hurt by the Watson signing, and that's perfectly fine, but go celebrate losses somewhere else.....

And let’s be honest, coming in here and telling everyone how much you don’t care doesn’t exactly ring true imo.  If you didn’t care you’d be somewhere else discussing something else.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Neither is our team unfortunately 

Yeah I’ve seen this play out a few dozen times.  The Steelers are gonna win. They always win. 

This isn’t me just being frustrated, or taking a negative stance or whatever, this is just what happens like every single time.  After last week my faith in this team actually winning games they should win is back to square one.

• Like 3

There are very few teams who can rebound from such a colossal meltdown for a plethora of reasons. Look at the blame game in the secondary. Look at the short week. Look at the dysfunction on defense. I don’t see it fellas. If anything this is the week that us and Pittsburgh head in opposite trajectories the rest of this year.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

There are very few teams who can rebound from such a colossal meltdown for a plethora of reasons. Look at the blame game in the secondary. Look at the short week. Look at the dysfunction on defense. I don’t see it fellas. If anything this is the week that us and Pittsburgh head in opposite trajectories the rest of this year.

Yeah, just when you thought that we caught up, or surpassed them on a talent level, their coaching, and philosophy does us in every time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Yeah, just when you thought that we caught up, or surpassed them on a talent level, their coaching, and philosophy does us in every time.

Culture and consistency matter. I genuinely feel bad for Stefanski but at the same token, as the HC you know that it's your responsibility to make sure things are fixed. That may mean telling your DC to pull Delpit, giving a "fix it or you are gone" talk, or even a conversation with your defense about expectations. If there are malcontents, cut out the cancer.

Our special teams has been a disaster under our coordinator for 3 years now. At some point that's on him. You cannot lose games due to special teams on a regular basis, which we've found ways to do.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Culture and consistency matter. I genuinely feel bad for Stefanski but at the same token, as the HC you know that it's your responsibility to make sure things are fixed. That may mean telling your DC to pull Delpit, given a "fix it or you are gone" talk, or even a conversation with your defense about expectations. If there are malcontents, cut out the cancer.

Our special teams has been a disaster under our coordinator for 3 years now. At some point that's on him. You cannot lose games due to special teams on a regular basis, which we've found ways to do.

Yeah it doesn’t have to be a grand display of power or firing half the staff, just benching a player to send a message to everyone else that there’s a certain expectation.

Delpit needs his snaps reduced until he can prove he can handle the role he’s been given and is capable of more imo.  Woods needs to be directed by his boss to incorporate more than just passive *** zone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it doesn’t have to be a grand display of power or firing half the staff, just benching a player to send a message to everyone else that there’s a certain expectation.

Even if it's just taking some time and sitting in on some meetings or being a presence.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Delpit needs his snaps reduced until he can prove he can handle the role he’s been given and is capable of more imo.  Woods needs to be directed by his boss to incorporate more than just passive *** zone. 

Even if you do the "self scouting" thing. You give your DC a scouting report and say "This is what I would do and this is what teams are doing. This is what we are good at, this is what we struggle with. These are critical downs and situations going our way, and this is an area of weakness."

Stefanski is a fellow nerd. He can have a staffer type up things like 3rd and 4th down conversions, efficiency stats, pressure stats, stats vs. man/zone/whatever, and other situational analytics and say something like "I'm not telling you how to run your defense on the day to day, but this 3 year data set shows __________ and as a result, the expectation going forward that we need to fix on this side of the ball is eliminating big play TD, getting off of the field on 3rd and 4th Downs, and getting more consistent pressure. It looks like we do well playing man defense and yet we only run it ______ amount of the time, so we need to emphasize Denzel and Newsome more in that capacity with JJ3 excelling in the box."

You've more or less directed the ship and philosophy while giving your DC some creative freedom on the "day to day".

JMHO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

So what you are doing is trolling a Browns forum, and think it's ok based on your previous allegiance?  I know you are still butt hurt by the Watson signing, and that's perfectly fine, but go celebrate losses somewhere else.....

I'm not trolling. I've barely followed the Browns for 6 or 7 seasons now and been hanging here.  Its been amazing for the mental health. Dropping an emotional attachment to literally the worst part of my life was good for me and I think it would probably be good for lots of people. I'm happy for my friends and Cleveland when they do well. I'm not rooting for them to lose. I just dont care at all anymore.  

I watched like 4 games last year. I was vocal on boycotting Browns and encouraged others not to buy tickets and support a team intentionally losing. 

I'll get more invested when Haslem dies but I assume whoever inherits the team will be a dip**** too. 

Edited by roger murdock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I'm not trolling. I've barely followed the Browns for 6 or 7 seasons now and been hanging here.  Its been amazing for the mental health. Dropping an emotional attachment to literally the worst part of my life was good for me and I think it would probably be good for lots of people. I'm happy for my friends and Cleveland when they do well. I'm not rooting for them to lose. I just dont care at all anymore.  

I watched like 4 games last year. I was vocal on boycotting Browns and encouraged others not to buy tickets and support a team intentionally losing. 

I'll get more invested when Haslem dies but I assume whoever inherits the team will be a dip**** too. 

We’re all Browns degenerates but you’re 100% right about the not caring as much thing. It’s way better for all involved.

I’m very much still all over the Browns but I don’t care as much about the wins anymore. Also started working out during the games so I don’t feel like I’m losing my Sunday.

I still like watching the organization and predicting front office moves and stuff. I’ll get really unattached when sports gambling is legal in Ohio in January and then my allegiances will lie with wherever my money is. 

42 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

We’re all Browns degenerates but you’re 100% right about the not caring as much thing. It’s way better for all involved.

I’m very much still all over the Browns but I don’t care as much about the wins anymore. Also started working out during the games so I don’t feel like I’m losing my Sunday.

I still like watching the organization and predicting front office moves and stuff. I’ll get really unattached when sports gambling is legal in Ohio in January and then my allegiances will lie with wherever my money is. 

BINGO

Browns haven't been part of my Sunday plans for about 7 years now. If  I'm out with friends watching football and they are on one of the TVs I'll pay attention but I'm always trying to be productive or doing something fun so this awful team can't ruin my weekends anymore. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This game will define the season. Toxicity has been a reoccuring theme under Stefanski for 3 years now. On paper this is a team that should roll the Steelers but on paper we should have rolled the Panthers and the Jets too. 

A 28 point win and I think the Jets game is a blip on the rader, but losing could be absolutely horrible for this locker room thats already teetering on the edge, and a blowout loss could send the season down the ****ter. 

23 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

This game will define the season. Toxicity has been a reoccuring theme under Stefanski for 3 years now. On paper this is a team that should roll the Steelers but on paper we should have rolled the Panthers and the Jets too. 

A 28 point win and I think the Jets game is a blip on the rader, but losing could be absolutely horrible for this locker room thats already teetering on the edge, and a blowout loss could send the season down the ****ter. 

IMO if anything Stefanski has salvaged the lockerroom aside from the Baker Week 16 fiasco in Pittsburgh last year, and IIRC, a lot of that was Baker throwing the staff and gameplan under the bus.