Week 2 Postgame - Bears Owned 27-10

mikebpackfan

+  Fed Aaron Jones, and he responded with lots of nifty runs. Definitely made the offense go. 

+ Watkins had a nice night. Not a bad combo with Lazard. Doesn’t have to be a hero, just don’t be a zero. 

+ Pass rush and D was great. 

+ punter looks good, Crosby solid, a few nice moments returning/defending returns. 

+ nice to see Elgton back, but

- he looked pretty bad.  Hopefully just some rust.

- the whole OL looked pretty lousy in pass sets, someone almost always lost a 1-on-1, but Aaron found ways around it most of the time.

- until his last two carries, Dillon looked not great tonight.  

- can’t fumble punts  

- that fourth quarter run D was embarrassing. Kenny was out for most of it and maybe we were playing light boxes, but to just allow them to get out of a 2-and-22 hole that easy is ridiculous.  

+/- Rodgers was hit and miss. Hit a couple of big throws and mostly just managed the game otherwise. 

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   So far it appears the rookie wide receivers have been assigned to jet motion (Watson) and WR screen (Doubs) roles. Would like to see something more vertical for these guys.

///

I agree. Watson especially has vertical speed. It would be nice if they used it once in awhile.

• Like 1

Andy Herman - 

Sammy Watkins - 3 catches - 93 yards
Davante Adams - 2 catches - 12 yards

Clearly we can put this issue to rest forever and never bring it up again.

:)

Davante:  2 receptions / 12 yards on 7 targets.
Dont know if he missed any time or snaps because of injury, but if not AZ must've sold out and doubled him all day cause those are some low numbers for him.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   So far it appears the rookie wide receivers have been assigned to jet motion (Watson) and WR screen (Doubs) roles. Would like to see something more vertical for these guys.

///

I agree. Watson especially has vertical speed. It would be nice if they used it once in awhile.

We'll see more of that as the season goes on.

Lazard/Watkins/Cobb/Tonyan/Jones/Dillon as the top 6 options is fine enough to get us through the first half of the season as the rookies get more practice reps in. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

///

I kind of expected it to go this way for the first half of the year where the rooks wouldn't get much more than scraps. But I am kind of surprised Doubs hasn't been in the plan more since the big training camp he had. Can't really complain tho since the vet trio played pretty well last night. At some point Rodgers has to try to get on some wave length with them though, didn't draft Watson high for just end arounds.