Week 2 Postgame - Bears Owned 27-10

mikebpackfan

Not thrilled with our inside linebacker play so far. Seems the o-line is getting to the second level and those two aren't getting off of blocks. They need to improve greatly for this defense to take the next step.

Stokes rebounded with a nice game, but let's face it, the Bears are severely challenged on offense. 

• Like 1

Aaron rodgers positive body language seemed conscious. Good on him for responding to the criticism constructively.  Aaron jones receiving touchdown he pointed to mlf like good play call. Doubs not turning his head around when the  ball hits him in the hands, rodg just calmly explained it to him

Edited by HokieHigh

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Amari rodgers is a liability on punt return

I'm sure I'd feel differently if Amari's fumble had gotten picked up by the Bears, or if it had cost us a game. 

But I think Amari looks improved.  I like that he's being aggressive and running to the ball to catch it.  One punt where he had some space, he got some yards, what was available.  

The improvement I see is aggressiveness to run to and catch the ball in the air.   Last year he sometimes played too deep and too conservative.  A punt that was shallow or to the side, if he had to run to it, he'd often just let it bounce, and let the ball roll for an extra 15 yards.  Running and catching can save a whole bunch of bounce-and-roll yards, plus sometimes you can even return it for a yard or more.  It's what I see most good punt-return guys on other teams do.  

Obviously catching the ball on the run, or in traffic, entails risk, and the good punt-return guys handle that.  Perhaps Amari is too fumble-prone to handle that riskier behavior, time will tell.  But for the moment, I appreciate the aggressiveness.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Not thrilled with our inside linebacker play so far. Seems the o-line is getting to the second level and those two aren't getting off of blocks. They need to improve greatly for this defense to take the next step.

Stokes rebounded with a nice game, but let's face it, the Bears are severely challenged on offense. 

320 lbs vs 240 lbs is never going to end well for the 240 lb guy. Our ILBs shouldn't need to be consistently playing off blocks if the scheme is working. 

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman - 

Sammy Watkins - 3 catches - 93 yards
Davante Adams - 2 catches - 12 yards

Clearly we can put this issue to rest forever and never bring it up again.

:)

Davante:  2 receptions / 12 yards on 7 targets.
Dont know if he missed any time or snaps because of injury, but if not AZ must've sold out and doubled him all day cause those are some low numbers for him.

He was in on the last play in OT… so I’m assuming he played the whole game.

Waller and Renfrow had more touches this game. They have mouths to feed on the offense.

Plus I don’t think Carr is the best to lead that type of offense.

1 hour ago, craig said:

I'm sure I'd feel differently if Amari's fumble had gotten picked up by the Bears, or if it had cost us a game. 

But I think Amari looks improved.  I like that he's being aggressive and running to the ball to catch it.  One punt where he had some space, he got some yards, what was available.  

The improvement I see is aggressiveness to run to and catch the ball in the air.   Last year he sometimes played too deep and too conservative.  A punt that was shallow or to the side, if he had to run to it, he'd often just let it bounce, and let the ball roll for an extra 15 yards.  Running and catching can save a whole bunch of bounce-and-roll yards, plus sometimes you can even return it for a yard or more.  It's what I see most good punt-return guys on other teams do.  

Obviously catching the ball on the run, or in traffic, entails risk, and the good punt-return guys handle that.  Perhaps Amari is too fumble-prone to handle that riskier behavior, time will tell.  But for the moment, I appreciate the aggressiveness.  

It is true he is approaching the ball with more momentum this year. Doesnt matter to me if the bears got the ball though.

Since rodgers insists cobb is on this roster i would probably have him doing it in big moments.

14 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

It is true he is approaching the ball with more momentum this year. Doesnt matter to me if the bears got the ball though.

Since rodgers insists cobb is on this roster i would probably have him doing it in big moments.

Cobb had some big catches last night let's not act like the guy can't still play a bit, especially on our squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Hope davante is happy sitting on his couch in the warm in january. That is really the only positive spin on his choice. What a bum

What is the deal with tonyan limited snap count? Packages designed with davis r low tier coaching

Cobb celebrates like he is a big man every play cause he is winning with inches of separation. Need to get him off the field and get on with the growing pains.

Amari rodgers is a liability on punt return

Somebody pissed in your Cheerios this morning did they. 

• Like 2