Week 2 Postgame - Bears Owned 27-10

mikebpackfan

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Question ... does Darnell Savage still play on this team?  I know the answer, but man oh man is he invisible.

I saw him in on a few tackles. This is a big year for him.  Safety can be tricky to evaluate but he has the physical gifts and was drafted 21st overall. Hope to see some playmaking because just being pretty good would be a disappointment with his expectations. This defensive system doesn’t seem to get too creative with the safeties but maybe he gets rotated in to play the “star”  this could be the year it comes together for him. 

17 minutes ago, R T said:

A nice plus to last night is that I don't believe there were any injuries of note. As physical of a game as it was that is a real bonus.  

KC was out for a bit, not surprisingly it coincided with us getting gashed on the ground. Thankfully he got back in but don’t know if he was just getting a breather or got dinged. 

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Question ... does Darnell Savage still play on this team?  I know the answer, but man oh man is he invisible.

I'd rather have a safety invisible than very visible. You're either a star, or you're doing your job. As a safety doing your job usually means for a quiet night.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd rather have a safety invisible than very visible. You're either a star, or you're doing your job. As a safety doing your job usually means for a quiet night.

Yeah, on the Bears touchdown drive that wasn't I noticed Amos a bunch of times- in a bad way.  Neither he nor Campbell crowned themselves in glory there.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

KC was out for a bit, not surprisingly it coincided with us getting gashed on the ground. Thankfully he got back in but don’t know if he was just getting a breather or got dinged. 

It seemed to me on that drive that as soon as we subbed him out they went to a hurry up offense until the challenge so that we couldn't get him back in - if the refs got the call right initially, they probably run on down to score within the next two plays.

As soon as we started giving up those runs we needed to take a time out to get sorted but never did.

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It seemed to me on that drive that as soon as we subbed him out they went to a hurry up offense until the challenge so that we couldn't get him back in - if the refs got the call right initially, they probably run on down to score within the next two plays.

As soon as we started giving up those runs we needed to take a time out to get sorted but never did.

We probably needed to save those for offense when we run the clock to 1 second. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I felt bad for Watson on the end around that he cut in and got hammered. The Chicago outside contain had pushed upfield and looked ready to get a TFL if Watson tried to go outside him. I think Christian took the best of two bad options 

Gave back though and kept upright kid is tough and took that hit like a champ. 

• Like 1