Who misses the Dan Snyder that was trying to win and gave a damn

Vladimir L

I hated meddling Snyder but way better than this Snyder who just looks the other way and doesn’t care.

I would not mind Snyder sending vanilla ice cream to JDR office.

Or the one who would try to trade for Roquan Smith and give big deals. Salary cap doesn’t matter anymore look at the Rams.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

What I miss is something we've never had. A true GM and an owner who just goes and plays with his billions elsewhere. Snyder is the reason we're in this mess. 

The best we've gotten is when we've had a HC with an established reputation that Snyder respects and leaves alone (Gibbs 2.0, Shanahan, Rivera). Every time we've tried the HC/GM model Snyder just manipulates the GM from behind the scenes. Now I'm not saying that the strong empowered HC is the right model to win in the NFL, I'm saying its the best model to keep Snyder from meddling. Until Snyder is gone I think its the best we're going to do. 

The correct answer is to meet somewhere in the middle.  An owner should not be completely 100% hands on, nor should they be completely 100% hands off.  

The owner should be involved in big people and big money decisions.  The owner should likely be consulted if the GM/head coach is on the chopping block, and if they are going to spend a ton of his money, he should be included on those talks as well.  But the owner should not be directing how the team is proceeding either, if that makes sense.  

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, MKnight82 said:

The best we've gotten is when we've had a HC with an established reputation that Snyder respects and leaves alone (Gibbs 2.0, Shanahan, Rivera). Every time we've tried the HC/GM model Snyder just manipulates the GM from behind the scenes. Now I'm not saying that the strong empowered HC is the right model to win in the NFL, I'm saying its the best model to keep Snyder from meddling. Until Snyder is gone I think its the best we're going to do. 

Not so sure I agree. The only back to back winning seasons this franchise has had since the mid 90s was with Gruden in 2015 & 16.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

The correct answer is to meet somewhere in the middle.  An owner should not be completely 100% hands on, nor should they be completely 100% hands off.  

The owner should be involved in big people and big money decisions.  The owner should likely be consulted if the GM/head coach is on the chopping block, and if they are going to spend a ton of his money, he should be included on those talks as well.  But the owner should not be directing how the team is proceeding either, if that makes sense.  

We had that in Marty, Gibbs 2.0 & now. We had it for a little while in Shanahan’s but it was hit & miss, same with Gruden. What we’ve only had once under Snyder is a true GM when we had McCloughan for a few years but after his decisions were awful in 2016, they forced him out.

We need the true GM hired first, who hires the HC & then the HC is reportable to the GM with issues. And, they work together on the roster.

That’s what Snyder needs to do & stick with. Not sure if ever will, but he needs to.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:47 AM, Vladimir L said:

I hated meddling Snyder but way better than this Snyder who just looks the other way and doesn’t care.

I would not mind Snyder sending vanilla ice cream to JDR office.

Or the one who would try to trade for Roquan Smith and give big deals. Salary cap doesn’t matter anymore look at the Rams.

When Dan Snyder realized that everyone hated him no matter what he did(*) but that he would still make a truck load of money, he stopped caring.

(*) Completely his fault, but his epiphany was that he was in "the club" and he could just take the paycheck and laugh all the way to the bank. Problem for him is got stupid too.

• Like 1