Chase Roullier Likely Out for the Season

MKnight82

Brutal twist for the Commandos. 

Wentz, like most panicky QBs, struggles most with pressure right in his face. You have to be able to keep his eyeline clean, or else you’re apt to start seeing the wacky stuff out of him. Not a huge coincidence that his absolutely awful 2020 season was the one where both of his starting OGs (Brooks and Seumalo) went down for most/all of the season — along with Lane Johnson, who was also key to keeping guys out of his immediate sight line. 

Losing Roullier means downgrading at two positions (C and RG). That hurts in a major way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

why do we not have flowers? he has played good for us

31 other NFL teams have passed on him……or Flowers has passed on playing.  He’s made enough money where he may want to lose the weight for good.  If you ever see how much weight most of the OL/DL guys lose when they stop playing, you wouldn’t blame him.  

EDIT: just checked, and he’s made over $50 million in salary.  Even if half of that has been taxed, if he’s invested some of that, he’s set for life. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

31 other NFL teams have passed on him……or Flowers has passed on playing.  He’s made enough money where he may want to lose the weight for good.  If you ever see how much weight most of the OL/DL guys lose when they stop playing, you wouldn’t blame him.  

EDIT: just checked, and he’s made over $50 million in salary.  Even if half of that has been taxed, if he’s invested some of that, he’s set for life. 

It is notable that a lot of people complained about us cutting Flowers and Landon Collins but no one else in the league has been interested in signing them either.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It is notable that a lot of people complained about us cutting Flowers and Landon Collins but no one else in the league has been interested in signing them either.  

I agree.  But is it because other teams see something that chases them away, or are Flowers and Collins both essentially saying “pay me X or it isn’t worth it.”  

They’ve both made enough money that they can stop the grind.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree.  But is it because other teams see something that chases them away, or are Flowers and Collins both essentially saying “pay me X or it isn’t worth it.”  

Not sure.  It’s possible they are taking the year to heal some lingering injuries too. 

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What's more notable is they were two of our better players and no one has picked them up...

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I definitely think they’re asking for too much $ & teams don’t want to pay it.