GOTW | Week 12 | #24 Michigan @ #5 Wisconsin

IDOG_det

GOTW  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• #24 Michigan
    • #5 Wisconsin

13 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

But we'd both have two losses and the head-to-head victory. Won't that give OSU the tie breaker?

Depends. If its head to head yes but if Mich St. or Mich(not looking likely right now) win out, when theres 3 or more teams it goes to overall record, which would give OSU 3 losses to PSU's 2 if they lose to Michigan

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

Depends. If its head to head yes but if Mich St. or Mich(not looking likely right now) win out, when theres 3 or more teams it goes to overall record, which would give OSU 3 losses to PSU's 2 if they lose to Michigan

Oh ok, I wasn't sure overall record would be that high on the tie breaker totem pole. Figured it would be overall conference record, then head to head, then overall record. 

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh ok, I wasn't sure overall record would be that high on the tie breaker totem pole. Figured it would be overall conference record, then head to head, then overall record. 

Big 10 is the only power 5 conference that uses overall record as the first tie breaker determiner in the event of a 3 way divisional record tie believe it or not. Almost every other conference looks at head to head first.

5 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Big 10 is the only power 5 conference that uses overall record as the first tie breaker determiner in the event of a 3 way divisional record tie believe it or not. Almost every other conference looks at head to head first.

I was not aware of this and it makes no damn sense

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

Steve Levy just said a victory today and OSU clinches the East so is he wrong or are you wrong? No offense but I think you know who I'd side with lol

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Steve Levy just said a victory today and OSU clinches the East so is he wrong or are you wrong? No offense but I think you know who I'd side with lol

My bad. I did some fact checking. If theres more than 2 teams tied divisionally, its narrowed down to 2 teams by overall record 1st, then head to head is used to determine the winner. So thats my bad. Missed some fine print.

Archived