Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

This is a hard one to judge. Before the season started, this looked like a for sure loss for us with the way CIN finished the season last year. I still have no clue how we beat them last season.

The key to beating CIN through 2 weeks this year has been to rattle Burrow. Both PIT and DAL were pressuring him heavy and not allowing him to sit back there and use his 2 big weapons in Chase and Higgins like chess pieces. It's our 1st big test as a secondary to play an elite WR room. So Reed and Sauce will be put to the test this week. But we need that DL to create pressure A LOT to have a chance in this one.

On offense I think we need to just continue where we left off. Start hot for once. We cant keep having these slow 1st quarters. Start from our 1st possession to be aggressive. I expect Wilson and Moore to be heavily used in this one. I'd like to see the OL to get going as well to control the clock a bit. We have 2 great RBs, but the OL hasn't allowed the run game to be the focal point for us to date. So maybe we can get that going.

CIN make no question remembers us beating them last year and is frustrated about an 0-2 start. So I expect them to be hot for this one/. Which I think will be too much for us.

CIN: 31

NYJ: 24

We can't keep covering the slot one on one with a safety. We need to just let Sauce earn his stripes and shadow the best receiver on the field all game, no matter where that receiver lines up. I don't care if he doesn't put up a perfect game because he's a rookie, but I'm willing to bet he can lock down a team's best weapon 95% of the time.

Other than that, I feel how about this game as I did the Browns game. We have the talent and while Flacco is no Burrow, we have a receiving core that easily rivals the Bengals and they have just as many struggles on OL as we do. I don't see the Bengals as some far and away better team like I do the Bills. Coaching and preparation will determine this game.

I think the jets come out struggling with this one. I think The score at half will be 17-3 Cinn. The Jets kick a last second FG to go into the half. The Jets come out punding the ball with Hall in the second half and get a TD to make it 17-10. Then Cinn turns it on and puts up 2 TD's in a row with Chase on a long ball and Mixon breaking one for 15 yard TD. The final score 31-10. 

I just don't see the Jets D and O holding up against Cinn. Cinn is coming in at 0-2 is not a good thing. They are mad and will pull the win out. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the jets come out struggling with this one. I think The score at half will be 17-3 Cinn. The Jets kick a last second FG to go into the half. The Jets come out punding the ball with Hall in the second half and get a TD to make it 17-10. Then Cinn turns it on and puts up 2 TD's in a row with Chase on a long ball and Mixon breaking one for 15 yard TD. The final score 31-10. 

I just don't see the Jets D and O holding up against Cinn. Cinn is coming in at 0-2 is not a good thing. They are mad and will pull the win out. 

Well of course you do. Im sorry but what about the CIN D do you think is going to just shut us down completely other than your blind pessimism? 

This is a very winnable game if our DL shows up. If Saleh and Ulbrich actually show they can make an adjustment and not just run the same garbage vanilla spot drop cover 3 rushing 4 and blitzing 5% of the time. Just maybe we'll generate pressure against a struggling CIN oline that struggled against a much worse Jets DL last seaosn.

If we can keep a balanced attack on O and get our play makers the touches they need, we will have every opportunity to win this. I will give a prediction on game day. 

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Well of course you do. Im sorry but what about the CIN D do you think is going to just shut us down completely other than your blind pessimism? 

Yes I'm still not sold on the Jets O just yet. They still struggle and Flacco is going to throw a pick or 2 a game. Then you add in a fumble or 2 like always. Until this changes this O will struggle. I hope Hall can hold onto the ball better. He almost needs to run the ball Like Tiki did high and tight. 

20 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yes I'm still not sold on the Jets O just yet. They still struggle and Flacco is going to throw a pick or 2 a game. Then you add in a fumble or 2 like always. Until this changes this O will struggle. I hope Hall can hold onto the ball better. He almost needs to run the ball Like Tiki did high and tight. 

His only INT was on a converted WR playing TE falling on a timing pattern and he fumbled from Clowney knocking the ball from him on a drop back. 

EDIT: Hall has a history of excellent ball security in college with a massive work load. Do NOT compare him to Tiki because he fumbled in his first pro game ever.

Edited by ekill08x

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Dude how vastly you're exaggerating is much. Flacco actually protects the ball great and Hall doesn't fumble often.

So your making a narrative that's fake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Dude how vastly you're exaggerating is much. Flacco actually protects the ball great and Hall doesn't fumble often.

So your making a narrative that's fake.

lets not go with great.  Through his career Flacco has been just fine with turnovers, but he's definitely not great, career wise with them.  Not bad either mind you, just merely average

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

lets not go with great.  Through his career Flacco has been just fine with turnovers, but he's definitely not great, career wise with them.  Not bad either mind you, just merely average

In 3 years with the Jets in all of his action he's thrown 14 TDs to 4 INTs

Under this LaFleur system (so just last year and this year) he's at 8 TDs to 1 INT. That to me is above average as far as TD to INT ratio not average.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

This is a very winnable game if our DL shows up. If Saleh and Ulbrich actually show they can make an adjustment and not just run the same garbage vanilla spot drop cover 3 rushing 4 and blitzing 5% of the time. Just maybe we'll generate pressure against a struggling CIN oline that struggled against a much worse Jets DL last seaosn.

If we can keep a balanced attack on O and get our play makers the touches they need, we will have every opportunity to win this. I will give a prediction on game day. 

Now that you mention it, we NEVER blitz.  I didn't realize that until now.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In 3 years with the Jets in all of his action he's thrown 14 TDs to 4 INTs

Under this LaFleur system (so just last year and this year) he's at 8 TDs to 1 INT. That to me is above average as far as TD to INT ratio not average.

so you're judging this on three games under lafleur.  I guess Tua is now a top 5 NFL qb based on 2 games in his system

PS Joe's also lost two fumbles in his time here, which are turnovers also.

Again, as i mentioned before, for his career he is an average guy at turnovers.  You can take  a small 3-4 game sample orrrrr you can base it on a guys 15 year career

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so you're judging this on three games under lafleur.  I guess Tua is now a top 5 NFL qb based on 2 games in his system

PS Joe's also lost two fumbles in his time here, which are turnovers also.

Again, as i mentioned before, for his career he is an average guy at turnovers.  You can take  a small 3-4 game sample orrrrr you can base it on a guys 15 year career

What Flacco and how he played 14 years ago means nothing to who he is now. And systems for sure change how QBs take care of the ball. So you can look at it pessimistically and say he's for his career thrown 232 TDs to 145 INTs or what has he done recently (which is the ACTUAL QB we have right now) and say he's throw for 8 TDs and 1 INT in his 2 years under LaFleur.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

What Flacco and how he played 14 years ago means nothing to who he is now. And systems for sure change how QBs take care of the ball. So you can look at it pessimistically and say he's for his career thrown 232 TDs to 145 INTs or what has he done recently (which is the ACTUAL QB we have right now) and say he's throw for 8 TDs and 1 INT in his 2 years under LaFleur.

Tua, top 5 QB heard