Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't care about last year or previous results, only current system amirite?  Or does that not work anymore for what you started with

It's about change.

Flacco has been good in this system so why hate on him? You're acting like he's at a 1:1 ratio of TDs to INTs with us or something. 8:1 as a Jet under this system and talent around him.

Tua is far from an elite QB. But guess what? He's in a NEW SYSTEM and has talent around him. I don't think anyone is surprised to see him breakout this year.

Burrow is far from a bottom tier QB. He's struggling bc his OL isn't helping him. No QB in this league can play at a top level with no time to throw. CIN has talent on the OL... so I think it's just a matter of time until we see the Burrow we all thought we'd see this year.

You take things and generalize them. Not taking any circumstances and change into consideration. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It's about change.

Flacco has been good in this system so why hate on him? You're acting like he's at a 1:1 ratio of TDs to INTs with us or something. 8:1 as a Jet under this system and talent around him.

Tua is far from an elite QB. But guess what? He's in a NEW SYSTEM and has talent around him. I don't think anyone is surprised to see him breakout this year.

Burrow is far from a bottom tier QB. He's struggling bc his OL isn't helping him. No QB in this league can play at a top level with no time to throw. CIN has talent on the OL... so I think it's just a matter of time until we see the Burrow we all thought we'd see this year.

You take things and generalize them. Not taking any circumstances and change into consideration. 

Tua has been elite in his current system, so why hate on him

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Tua has been elite in his current system, so why hate on him

Certainly not hating on him. I think he's going to be very good. Just not ready to call him elite through 2 games. But yes if you asked me 3 weeks ago who I thought would be the biggest breakout QB, I would've said Tua. So by no means am I hating on him. Just not anointing him to elite status. Same way as I'm not ready to say Burrow sucks bc of a couple bad games.

I'm gonna be a optimist, I think we can pull this one off. TBH I think we match up better vs the Bengals than we did vs the Browns. The Browns are a smash mouth team that bullied our DL, our DL is kinda small and they have a elite OL, top 3 in the league with the best pure RB in the NFL. THe Bengals are more finesse, which is a better match up for our defense. This is a game our DL needs to break out and get after the QB, the Bengals OL has looked bad first 2 games. Time to get after it. 

If our offense shows up again, I think we can pull off another upset. This Jets offense has legit talent, it isn't a bottom tier offense anymore. The run game is close to breaking out, I feel like Breece Hall is getting close to breaking off a long TD run.  The WRs are legit and get open, full of playmakers. 

The QB's job on our offense is pretty easy, because we have so many playmakers it's just about getting them the ball.   I believe we can pull off a upset and put the Bengals 0-3, as the Bengals suffer from the curse of teams who lose in the SB. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Certainly not hating on him. I think he's going to be very good. Just not ready to call him elite through 2 games. But yes if you asked me 3 weeks ago who I thought would be the biggest breakout QB, I would've said Tua. So by no means am I hating on him. Just not anointing him to elite status. Same way as I'm not ready to say Burrow sucks bc of a couple bad games.

and the same way i'm not willing to say Joe Flacco is great at limiting turnovers

Edited by bcb1213

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

and the same way i'm not willing to say Joe Flacco is not great at limiting turnovers

But you're taking a career average that goes back 14 years as part of that. Eliminating what he's done recently. And when I mean recently I mean the last 2-3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But you're taking a career average that goes back 14 years as part of that. Eliminating what he's done recently. And when I mean recently I mean the last 2-3 years. 

you gave me a stat for literally 3.5 games.  Stop it

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Now that you mention it, we NEVER blitz.  I didn't realize that until now.

I feel like our D would be so much better if we actually did. The fact they want to simply rush 4 and drop into coverage nearly 95% of the time is alarming. We have the horses now, a good coach would actually do well with this personnel on D. 

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I feel like our D would be so much better if we actually did. The fact they want to simply rush 4 and drop into coverage nearly 95% of the time is alarming. We have the horses now, a good coach would actually do well with this personnel on D. 

Thats really the basis of the cover three/one look is that you almost always only rush four on early downs and blitz only in obvious passing situations

50 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I believe that is called playing scared. The coaches are so “scared” of giving up big plays, they are willing to let teams sachet down the field and score. But, hey, at least it wasn’t on a 60 yard pass play.

Come on guys, show some cajones. Bring back Williams as an advisor and meet in the middle.