Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

I absolutely want to win and I think what Flacco did in the 4th quarter Sunday was great. I dont want to minimize it either. We had at least 3 big plays called back by either a bad penalty called against or that first drive where the play should have been called a catch to extend the drive. As much as we got lucky in the end, we got just as unlucky all game. Chubb had to get the first down there and it was at the 2, so it wasn't exactly the easiest play to give yourself up there when you are realistically needing that first down to ice the game. We've lost so many games in my life that we should have won so I will not apologize for this effort. All this being said...you have to find out what we have in Zach right now. The team is primed to compete now. The QB cannot be holding this team back next year. We figure out if Zach is the guy this year and if he is not we bring in a legitimate starting caliber QB to lead the offense. If Zach comes back and wins some games and looks like he can run this offense then great. If he struggles in this system, with these weapons, he simply isnt it. This is a very easy system and he has guys that get open. Hell Sam Darnold could run this system with this supporting cast. Time to show it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The 2nd overall pick isn't going to get just 2 seasons to prove himself. 

He gets 3 years minimum. I really hope Wilson comes in plays well, so we can stop having these conversations.  We'll see, I believe in him but until we see the production on the field we don't truly know. 

This offense is loaded, so he has a good chance to play well. As long as guys stay healthy. 

55 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If the Jets start to tank then there could be some serious changes and if we get a new HC Wilson will at least have to win the job. I want Wilson to step up just as much as you guys so WE FINAL have a starting QB. From what I seen he is not the answer right now. These next few months are huge for Wilson. He starts to lay eggs this fan base will turn on him fast. 

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If the Jets start to tank then there could be some serious changes and if we get a new HC Wilson will at least have to win the job. I want Wilson to step up just as much as you guys so WE FINAL have a starting QB. From what I seen he is not the answer right now. These next few months are huge for Wilson. He starts to lay eggs this fan base will turn on him fast. 

You were calling for Streveler, your opinion is...inconsistent at best

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

No.  Just no.

Now I am a Zach fan and wanted to move Darnold and draft Zach and also believe Zach has way more potential BUT its no lie that Darnold was much better as a rookie than Zach was with significantly less talent. Darnold could absolutely be a solid game manager in this system and with these players around him. If Zach cant even do that this year he wont be this teams QB next year. Hate to break it to you but this is reality. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If he improves on last year and its obvious than obviously he'll get another year. If he is marginally better than last year there is no way hes getting a third year penciled in. They'll bring in someone else and his only chance will be to compete for the starting role and if he doesn't win it...he'll have to prove it if his number gets called. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You were calling for Streveler, your opinion is...inconsistent at best

Yes I still like him and White over Flacco but I know they will stick with Flacco. I use to be all positive until the last 2 years. I'm just tired of losing and make excuse after excuse and that stupid saying Just wait until next year. We are now one of the top teams that have the longest playoff drought. That really gets me mad. It has been over a decade since we have been in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

If he improves on last year and its obvious than obviously he'll get another year. If he is marginally better than last year there is no way hes getting a third year penciled in. They'll bring in someone else and his only chance will be to compete for the starting role and if he doesn't win it...he'll have to prove it if his number gets called. 

If this comes off aggressive I apologize but you do not get to make that call. The kid is barely into his career, this regime doesn’t seem that impulsive to the point where they’d make a decision like that. If Zach is bad going into heat 3, like Darnold was, then the team will be bad enough to the point where the staff most likely will make a choice like that. This kind of logic is what I wish the Bills thought after Allen’s first two seasons.