Black Panther

Acgott

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This seems like a really weird self imposed purgatory? Especially since Thor likely has zero impact on Black Panther...

Ragnarok is on Digital in like a week, doesnt seem like you are going to need to wait for Avengers on Blu Ray

I don't see any point in paying to rent a movie I know I'm going to buy, so digital means nothing to me.  Thor might have nothing to do with Black Panther and vice versa, but I still consider Thor: Ragnarok to be the 16th or whatever movie in a series.  Can't do it. 

9 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Man, I feel like I'm way behind.  I haven't seen Thor yet, now I won't see this, which means I'll have to wait until Avengers comes to blu ray to catch up because I refuse to watch them out of order.  All the hype has me hyped. 

Black Panther and Thor don’t tie into each other. Do yourself a favour and go to this

Im all set to go tonight, bringing a couple of opening night newbies as well. Should be alot of fun.

It being one of the last completely stand alone films that the MCU has left really has me excited about possibilities. Almost like how I felt going into Guardians, we are getting a whole new world with so much possibility.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Probably that we won't necessarily see other characters from the Marvel universe within this movie. A lot of the recent Marvel films have had multiple superheroes crossing over.

Exactly, and almost all of them goin forward will probably be like that. Even Captain Marvel.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Exactly, and almost all of them goin forward will probably be like that. Even Captain Marvel.

Eh. I think there will still be a handful that are mostly standalone. Most of the first movies in a series have been solidly separate. Doctor Strange, GOTG, Black Panther, and then the original movies were all separate. Ant Man just had a brief Falcon scene. Spiderman was really the only first movie in a batch that had a lot of crossover, but that's because he was already in the universe. Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the 90s, so while there will likely be references, aside from Nick Fury no one else was really even active at that time. GOTG3 will probably still have them off on their own. I'd be surprised if anyone has a huge role in Ant-Man and the Wasp outside of the original Ant-Man cast, too. Really, movies with substantial crossover are still outliers more than the norm, so far.

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh. I think there will still be a handful that are mostly standalone. Most of the first movies in a series have been solidly separate. Doctor Strange, GOTG, Black Panther, and then the original movies were all separate. Ant Man just had a brief Falcon scene. Spiderman was really the only first movie in a batch that had a lot of crossover, but that's because he was already in the universe. Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the 90s, so while there will likely be references, aside from Nick Fury no one else was really even active at that time. GOTG3 will probably still have them off on their own. I'd be surprised if anyone has a huge role in Ant-Man and the Wasp outside of the original Ant-Man cast, too. Really, movies with substantial crossover are still outliers more than the norm, so far.

SOrry, should have clarified, its probably the last stand alone origin films we will get, being completely separate, not being influenced by the rest of the MCU (just like Wakanda itself is)

It's fine. No major complaints. One thing bugged me a bit but I'll wait to go in depth. The first half gave me James Bond vibes and the second half gave me Lion King vibes, never thought I'd say that. It actually felt too short.

Bruh... This film was everything I wanted it to be and everything I needed it to be. Been waiting for this since I first learned about T'Challa in like '96. It's like Ryan Coogler was in my head with how this film looked. Like even though I'm a fan I did not envision how Wakandan technology could really work in a live action movie and he just... he just captured it perfectly. Not to mention, this film was just black excellence. Like, there was a meme video 2 or 3 months ago like "This is what other people get to feel like when they go to the movies?" and it's so damn true. Like I really felt like this film was being coopted away from Blerds like myself but man... it's just empowering for some reason! Wakanda Forever my dude!

Archived