Seahawks SS Chancellor Expected To Miss Rest of '17-'18 Season...

BlaqOptic

After losing cornerback Richard Sherman to a torn Achilles last week, the Seattle Seahawks could be without safety Kam Chancellor, as well.

Per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Chancellor is expected to be out for the rest of the 2017 season, according to sources informed of the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000878696/article/kam-chancellor-expected-to-miss-rest-of-17-season

Looks like the Legion of Boom is a shell of it's former self... Definitely going to have an impact on the Seahawks post-season hopes...

The Seahawks have fought through adversity all season.  The offensive line is one of the worst in the league and the running game has been putrid.  Now the key members of the secondary and leaders of this team are going down.  The team will continue to fight, but I am not optimistic.  Always sad to see anyone get injured, but Kam has been hurt in the past (played in 11 games in 2015 and played in 12 games in 2016), so it's especially sad to see him end his season like this... again.

The Seahawks are about to have a good line without a secondary.  Thomas will be 29, Chancellor will be 30 and Sherman will be 30 next year with the latter two returning from injuries.  I could be wrong, but trading so many of their first round picks the last few years and now trading their second and third round picks for this coming draft could leave them seriously depleted on defense.  Do they have any promising young players in that secondary, or were they still getting by with Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor?  

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The Seahawks are about to have a good line without a secondary.  Thomas will be 29, Chancellor will be 30 and Sherman will be 30 next year with the latter two returning from injuries.  I could be wrong, but trading so many of their first round picks the last few years and now trading their second and third round picks for this coming draft could leave them seriously depleted on defense.  Do they have any promising young players in that secondary, or were they still getting by with Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor?  

Schneider draft's have been falling off since 2012.   There window is closing fast.

Just now, Hopper15 said:

Schneider draft's have been falling off since 2012.   There window is closing fast.

Just look at their drafts since then.  You don't even have to look at the players, you just have to look at what picks they've had.  They've had a single first round pick since 2012 because Schneider keeps trading out of the first round.  You can't sustain a roster if you keep trading away your best pick.  It doesn't help that they've traded away so many of their draft picks for players, either.  They have a first round pick and then nothing until the 4th round this coming draft I don't think.  A third and a second for a 32 year old player this year, a second for a 26 year old.  They also traded a first I think for Graham.  He's GMing like a Madden player. 

Archived