Week 3: Buffalo Bills (2-0) @ Miami Dolphins (2-0)

TheKillerNacho

Week 3: BUF @ MIA  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Chase Edmonds
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Alec Ingold
    • Devin Singletary
    • Zack Moss
    • James Cook
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Cedrick Wilson Jr.
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Gabe Davis
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dawson Knox
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 05:00 PM

What a game…. A strange game for sure, with how time of possession played out.

id rather see Thompson in the number 2 spot. Bridgewater looked awful. At least the offense shouldn’t be hampered by the short week. The defense though that is liable to be a rough turnaround. 

17 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

What a game…. A strange game for sure, with how time of possession played out.

id rather see Thompson in the number 2 spot. Bridgewater looked awful. At least the offense shouldn’t be hampered by the short week. The defense though that is liable to be a rough turnaround. 

I'm not sure we can really judge Bridgewater from two pass attempts

What's weird to me about the Bills' OC Dorsey meltdown is that was his 2nd meltdown of the 4th quarter lol. 

Earlier when Allen bounce-skipped a 4th-down pass, Dorsey grabbed the large playsheet and looked like he was ready to leave the booth. Before he learned about the PuntFumble™ that gave the Bills new life. 

Daboli needs to call this call Dorsey and calm him down. You got Josh Allen, the game is never over. Chill with the public freakouts, Dorsey. Give the ball to Allen and you'll be ok.

The Dolphins are 3-0 and the Jaguars just improved to 2-1.

If the Dolphins were realigned into the AFC South next season with both them and the Jaguars coming off playoff appearances, we'd be treated to two games between Tua and Trevor every season. They played each other in the CFP title game four seasons ago and this would be a very interesting rivalry, especially considering both the Dolphins and Jaguars are in the same state.

21 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The Dolphins are 3-0 and the Jaguars just improved to 2-1.

If the Dolphins were realigned into the AFC South next season with both them and the Jaguars coming off playoff appearances, we'd be treated to two games between Tua and Trevor every season. They played each other in the CFP title game four seasons ago and this would be a very interesting rivalry, especially considering both the Dolphins and Jaguars are in the same state.

While the thought of gaining Houston and either Tennessee or Indianapolis as divisional foes would be enticing, I'll pass - I prefer our current rivalries.

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

While the thought of gaining Houston and either Tennessee or Indianapolis as divisional foes would be enticing, I'll pass - I prefer our current rivalries.

I was thinking the AFC South should be Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami and Tennessee. Pittsburgh moves to the AFC East, Indianapolis and KC to the AFC North, Houston to the AFC West, Baltimore to the NFC East and Dallas to the NFC South.

I finally got to see my first game of the season and it was a battle for sure. My thoughts are, #1. I'm not sure why the ball was not thrown down the field more today. 2. lots of first missed tackles today which made for lots of Bill's yardage after first contact by a Miami defender. The secondary was a step behind today on a lot of plays. 3. Great to see this team is still scrappy and plays to the final tick of the clock. The last time the Dolphins started 4-0 Dan Marino was the QB so it's been a while Thursday may be the next.. Great win today Miami's odds of making the playoffs are very high at the moment.

Edited by Dolphinmeister

A few comments:

- Great bounce back game from the defence. Yes stat watchers will point to Buffalo getting 500yds but Allen had 60 (!) dropbacks and Buffalo offense had 90 snaps. They kept the best offense in football to 17pts.

- Armstead was such a great addition to this team. Just the savy elite veteran this team needed on the OL. Anyone see on one play when he called timeout just before we were about to get a delay of game? I know Tua called time as well but just to have a OL with the awareness to do that is something i don’t remember seeing as a dolphins fan. Cool under pressure. Anyone know that Von Miller was playing today?

- Morstead is a massive improvement over the guy we had last year (can’t even remember his name lol). 

11 hours ago, Emerica said:

A few comments:

- Great bounce back game from the defence. Yes stat watchers will point to Buffalo getting 500yds but Allen had 60 (!) dropbacks and Buffalo offense had 90 snaps. They kept the best offense in football to 17pts.

- Armstead was such a great addition to this team. Just the savy elite veteran this team needed on the OL. Anyone see on one play when he called timeout just before we were about to get a delay of game? I know Tua called time as well but just to have a OL with the awareness to do that is something i don’t remember seeing as a dolphins fan. Cool under pressure. Anyone know that Von Miller was playing today?

- Morstead is a massive improvement over the guy we had last year (can’t even remember his name lol). 

So much this.  TA completely washed him from the game.  It was beautiful.  The other side was pretty bad though, even before Little had to leave with an injury.  But no negatives today.  That win was just too big for this organization.  

Melvin Ingram was such a good vet signing.  Signed for under $4 million and he's been wreaking havoc in 3 games.  I can't give enough superlatives for his play yesterday.

Tua really showed some toughness coming back from I HOPE a back tweak.  If it really was a head injury, that evaluator is gonna be in some serious trouble.  

Also, TuA UNdeRTHroWs EVeRytHINg DEeP!

On 9/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

rtkR2Rv.png

pff sucks but... i'll take it

Hide contents

then again they have Jacoby Brissett at 3rd sooooooooo

Some additional current Dolphins PFF rankings:

Conner Williams 13th of 37

Terron Armstead 10th of 70

Robert Hunt 2nd of 71

Liam Eichenberg 69th of 71 (ouch)

Greg Little 70th of 70 (painful) (Austin Jackson is on IR and is only rated as having 14 snaps)

To quote the late artist Meatloaf; "3 out of 5 ain't bad" or something along those lines lol

Tyreek Hill 6th of 107

Jaylen Waddle 4th of 107

Kader Kohou 8th of 103 (very nice)

Jevon Holland 5th of 76

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Robert Hunt 2nd of 71

Yeah, I noticed myself that he seemed to be way better now. His improvement is a pleasant surprise - nice to see a lineman we drafted not totally suck for a change.

Greg Little 70th of 70 (painful) (Austin Jackson is on IR and is only rated as having 14 snaps)

I know he's bad but a bit surprisingly since the drop off from him and that PS player we threw in there last game was pretty substancial

Tyreek Hill 6th of 107

Jaylen Waddle 4th of 107

Jevon Holland 5th of 76

no surprise here

Kader Kohou 8th of 103 (very nice)

has he done anything since the first game?

Conner Williams 13th of 37

Terron Armstead 10th of 70

Finally giving Tua a decent OL has been huge. I was skeptical about Connor Williams' transition to Center despite never playing the position at first, but seems to have gone smoothly. That said, I did notice quite a few high snaps last week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah, I noticed myself that he seemed to be way better now. His improvement is a pleasant surprise - nice to see a lineman we drafted not totally suck for a change.

I know he's bad but a bit surprisingly since the drop off from him and that PS player we threw in there last game was pretty substancial

no surprise here

Finally giving Tua a decent OL has been huge. I was skeptical about Connor Williams' transition to Center despite never playing the position at first, but seems to have gone smoothly. That said, I did notice quite a few high snaps last week.

Hopefully we can pull out wins vs the Bengals and Jets and keep Tua healthy.  Beyond that, I expect we will get Austin Jacson back for the Vikings game.

We are lucky to have Greg Little.  He doesn't have an impressive PFF rating, but he has been functional and didn't cost much to acquire (2022 7th rounder to Carolina).

Kohou had 59 snaps last week (mostly in the slot CB spot) against one of the best QB's in the league and is still impressively ranked.  He doesn't show up on the stat sheets but that's not a terrible thing for a DB.

Williams has been better than I expected at C so far, but I would really like to see us address the C position substantially this off season and move Williams to LG.  IMO we really need a dominant OG next to Armstead to get our run game going.  Eichenberg is functional, but I really want to see us be able to have a dominant run game for that 1-2 punch.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hunt has been terrific.  The PFF grade backs up what I have seen on the field.  Very happy they let him develop at RG instead of RT.  He has all-pro potential there, IMO.

Agreed on Little.  If Little is 70 out of 70 graded OTs, Coleman is 100 out of 70.  Yes, you read that correctly.

I seem to remember Kohou having a really nice open field tackle on Sunday and I think I remember a PBU, but could be wrong there.  He's definitely still playing very respectably.

The weird thing for me is that the coaching staff thinks the upgrade from Deiter to Williams at C is bigger than the downgrade from Williams to Eich at LG.  Tough to argue with results, but man, Eich has been abysmal so far.  Deiter was never a worldbeater, but I thought he was in the "slightly below average" range.  That's a big upgrade from where Eich is right now.

• Like 1