Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Titans

TitanLegend

Things are/look terrible right now

but in my heart of hearts...I really do believe in Vrabel THAT much to get things back on track

I don't think we're a playoff team. I don't think we have the talent to be one right now. But I do see us around 7/8 wins. Yes, losing season, but I think squeezing about .500 out of this team would be a solid coaching feat. I think we beat the Raiders

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

week three and we're already dipping into the practice squad. incredible roster construction

Wondering for clarification how working the practice squad system is a negative reflection of the roster? I would think before injuries most of us felt pretty good about the majority of the roster outside of OL and OLB depth. 

Rams and Steelers signed someone from our PSquad.  We added some.  We elevated some guys, similar to other teams. Practice squad is seen as an extension of the 53 pretty much now, am I wrong? 

I would be more critical of depending on an UDFA like Avery to guard an All-Pro WR and whatever causes our players to seemingly get hurt at a faster rate than other teams. 

16 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I wonder if Vrabel pushes the same offense if he has different personnel. Does he believe this is how you win football games or does he believe this is how you win football games with Ryan Tannehill? He can make some great plays when we lean on him, but he can also go straight Carson Wentz fast.

I'm pretty much ready to move on from Jon Robinson at this point. I think he's largely been meh to below meh.

The bar before him was just so low, similar to how fans didn't want to get rid of Mariota because the bar at QB before him was so low. He'll, we had fans that didn't want to replace Mettenberger.

I feel you on this my man. I've been a big time JRob supporter, but I'm starting to feel like we're never going to reach the ultimate goal with the overall team building philosophy of JRob. He's the best GM we've had in a long time, and I appreciate everything he's done to get this Franchise out of some very dark times, but this conservative run first bully ball approach can only get you so far in today's league. Obviously, every team in the league wants to be tough, play good defense, and be able to run the ball, but there needs to be an emphasis on adding legitimate playmakers to the offense at WR and keeping them (see: AJ Brown). The passing game needs to be able to function on its own without the run. This is as much a Vrabel problem as it is a JRob problem. I think both of their philosophies are very antiquated, and we're always going to be limited as a team under it.

I think you're spot on about saying our bar as a franchise has been so low over the years that it's tough to move on from people that we've had some success with. There comes a point though where you realize you've peaked under a current regime. I realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side and all that, but if we think we're going to make it to a Super Bowl in today's day and age without putting an emphasis on developing a legitimate passing attack with legitimate WR weapons, we're just kidding ourselves.

39 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's cool but i wish he'd just ask them to put him on the ******* field on offense more lol

What I will say is l like the way he’s stepping up and trying to be the guy during desperate times and taking some ownership so early. He genuinely looks like the only potential playmaker we have on offence right now. 

The fact that we turn every QB here...under Vrabel...into a statue that just stands in the pocket no matter what, tells me all I need to know about his offensive mindset. We had Marcus and RT both have superior athleticism and both take sack after sack and refuse to scramble forward. With guys that move like they do we should be pass blocking to create a step up/run lane, instead we create a micro sized pocket and they are expected to stand in and deliver...well good luck to Willis!!!

I am trying to be positive...but I have to be realistic as well. If we lose this week we are certainly not out of it for the division, but as others have said we should not be looking to squeak out a Div Championship at 9-8 in the unquestioned worst Div in FB. 

Our offense is just so horrific to watch, I wish we would go uptempo or something. Tanny looks shook this year, he has throw 10 balls that could have been picked, and Henry looks so hesitant. I hope we figure out something soon, or we just fall apart and start from scratch next year. Although JROB will probably take a flyer on a project Guard with the #1 pick so who knows??

Corey Levin would have been better than Daley and Downing saying he did pretty well is a huge problem.  Now way this gets fixed unless we can run the ball because the drop back pass minus a fear of running the ball is going to be pathetic with that protection.  There has to be an OT on someone's PS we can pouch that is better than this guy.  

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Corey Levin would have been better than Daley and Downing saying he did pretty well is a huge problem.  Now way this gets fixed unless we can run the ball because the drop back pass minus a fear of running the ball is going to be pathetic with that protection.  There has to be an OT on someone's PS we can pouch that is better than this guy.  

There might be someone that is a better fit, but someone that is just a sure fire NFL Starter in hiding is likely not sitting on a practice squad. Very rare that happens but maybe a guy that is chilling somewhere that is a NFL dream story. 

I know it’s probably not popular at this point but I’m all for giving Radunz a shot at LT. It’s obvious at this point that he’s more comfortable on the left side than the right(I mean, it was his college position) so let him have a go.

The coaching staff surely knows and seen more than me and there’s a reason they traded for Daley in the 1st place, but the way we’ve handled Radunz from the jump has been weird.

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I know it’s probably not popular at this point but I’m all for giving Radunz a shot at LT. It’s obvious at this point that he’s more comfortable on the left side than the right(I mean, it was his college position) so let him have a go.

The coaching staff surely knows and seen more than me and there’s a reason they traded for Daley in the 1st place, but the way we’ve handled Radunz from the jump has been weird.

Radunz is a dud.  Daley came in after roster cuts and is before him on the depth chart. 

But something tells me he will go somewhere else and be a 7 year starter. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Radunz is a dud.  Daley came in after roster cuts and is before him on the depth chart. 

But something tells me he will go somewhere else and be a 7 year starter. 

Like I said, the way Radunz has been handled has been weird from the jump. Drafted a raw LT from an FCS school and decided to move him all around the oline his rookie year. 2nd year he’s strictly at RT all off-season, is the assumed favorite to start at RT, plays the majority of training camp with the 1st team, has a rough preseason game, is moved to G after said rough game and is completely buried on the depth chart.

Feels like there was no plan whatsoever for what to do with him after we drafted him. Radunz has been bad and may just be a lost cause, but we didn’t do him any favors.

• Like 1