Cardinals do nothing with WR Andy Isabella; waive WR Andre Baccellia instead

RaidersAreOne

52 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Didnt everybody swear this guy was the next Edelman? 

If they did, it was due to scouting something besides his tape and testing numbers. Edelman was fearless; he was reckless with how acrobatically he'd pursue the football and the hits he'd be willing to take for the sake of completing the catch. He had great hands. Isabella, meanwhile, is lightning fast but has terrible hands. He drifts and leans away from the football when it's thrown at him. He struggles to track and adjust. He catches with his body and drops the ball way too often.

If anyone on the Cardinals might be the next Edelman, it might be Greg Dortch. Undersized, underdog, extreme competitor, reliable. Though Dortch is dwarfed by even Edelman at 5'7".

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

If they did, it was due to scouting something besides his tape and testing numbers. Edelman was fearless; he was reckless with how acrobatically he'd pursue the football and the hits he'd be willing to take for the sake of completing the catch. He had great hands. Isabella, meanwhile, is lightning fast but has terrible hands. He drifts and leans away from the football when it's thrown at him. He struggles to track and adjust. He catches with his body and drops the ball way too often.

If anyone on the Cardinals might be the next Edelman, it might be Greg Dortch. Undersized, underdog, extreme competitor, reliable. Though Dortch is dwarfed by even Edelman at 5'7".

Never underestimate a little person.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, D82 said:

Never underestimate a little person.

I'm a Cardinals fan. Our QB is shortest in the NFL at 5'9". We have two WRs tied for shortest at 5'7". We have another two that are 5'9". AJ Green is our only WR on the roster that is 5'10" or taller. Of course, once we have DeAndre Hopkins and Antoine Wesley back, the average height will increase significantly. 

50 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Tennessee Titans?

As in, Kyle Phillips? Yeah, he was awesome in college. I love his game and think he's going to be the next really good slot guy.

Yep. Dude legitimately does look like Welker running routes out there (more so than he does Edelman).

50 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yep. Dude legitimately does look like Welker running routes out there (more so than he does Edelman).

And he has really strong hands. He's a great route runner, but isn't some skinny dude that you have to hit right in the numbers every time. He really understands the game and I'm glad to hear he's been doing well for Tennessee. I thought he was going to be a surprise 2nd round pick given his skill set.

21 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm a Cardinals fan. Our QB is shortest in the NFL at 5'9". We have two WRs tied for shortest at 5'7". We have another two that are 5'9". AJ Green is our only WR on the roster that is 5'10" or taller. Of course, once we have DeAndre Hopkins and Antoine Wesley back, the average height will increase significantly. 

It's nice to see you guys are an EEO

• Like 1