Jacoby thread 2022

Kiwibrown

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's whatever. Modern fan bases have modern reactions. If we had Kosar now and moved on to Testaverde everyone (or some anyway) would be saying what trash Kosar was and how Testaverde is better.

Seems like since '99 we've just become another fan base. We used to have flaws (batteries, ice balls, bad attitude towards rival fans) and now we may as well be Steeler fans or Raven fans. I can't tell a difference anymore. I used to be a fan of our fans but that's been gone for awhile. Just like the NFL we know no loyalty to players or nostalgia.

Not that it's wrong, just what it is. I'm accepting it at my own pace.

Maybe we can flip Brissett for a 1st round pick before the trade deadline. I like Brissett but he isn't a top 30 starter in the league. He has never taken a team to the playoffs or won one. He has never turned an organization around. He is the current Browns QB though, so that's good enough.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's whatever. Modern fan bases have modern reactions. If we had Kosar now and moved on to Testaverde everyone (or some anyway) would be saying what trash Kosar was and how Testaverde is better.

Seems like since '99 we've just become another fan base. We used to have flaws (batteries, ice balls, bad attitude towards rival fans) and now we may as well be Steeler fans or Raven fans. I can't tell a difference anymore. I used to be a fan of our fans but that's been gone for awhile. Just like the NFL we know no loyalty to players or nostalgia.

Not that it's wrong, just what it is. I'm accepting it at my own pace.

Maybe we can flip Brissett for a 1st round pick before the trade deadline. I like Brissett but he isn't a top 30 starter in the league. He has never taken a team to the playoffs or won one. He has never turned an organization around. He is the current Browns QB though, so that's good enough.

Where is Mayfield?  25ish?