Jacoby thread 2022

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Where is Mayfield?  25ish?

Why would it matter? I'm not going to get into a debate about where a former Browns QB ranks. I wish him well and am grateful for what he did here but I'm not wasting time debating him to Browns fans that hate him. There is nothing I could gain from it.

We can discuss where he ranked as a Brown. He is statistically top 5 all time for the Browns.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Man I feel dumb for defending Baker Mayfield after watching Jacoby in this offense lol

Agree but my only additon would be WTH did Stefanski keep trotting Baker out there injured and all last year if some one like Brissett can run it more effectively? I mean you would think that Keenum would have been as effective as Brissett has been.

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Agree but my only additon would be WTH did Stefanski keep trotting Baker out there injured and all last year if some one like Brissett can run it more effectively? I mean you would think that Keenum would have been as effective as Brissett has been.

Keenums arm looked shot though 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Because they wanted to know what they had in Baker!!!!!

I told y’all that. They knew they weren’t all in on Baker and we needed to see what we had going forward whether we was talented enough to play through injury and how composed would he play injured. And it was dog ****. So we moved on. 

Stefanski already had showed he was a good play caller. We just needed to know what we had in baker. I’m glad we played him so y’all can see Baker wasn’t the guy. 

Jacobys arm is much stronger than I realized. It’s pretty close to Bakers if not equal.

Also, let’s just say it, Jacobys size and athleticism is better than Baker. It’s easier for him to do things like a QB sneak because he’s got 20-25 lbs vs Baker.

The most important thing is that he protects the ball.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Jacoby is definitely better then Baker. He’s not a complete stud or anything but he is one of the top 32 quarterbacks in the league. Makes you wonder how far this team could have gotten last year down the stretch with some QB play. 

He passes the "eye test"...I don't care what the stats say about him!  For now, he is just fine in this system.  Let's see if he can show some consistency throughout the year!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Jacobys arm is much stronger than I realized. It’s pretty close to Bakers if not equal.

Also, let’s just say it, Jacobys size and athleticism is better than Baker. It’s easier for him to do things like a QB sneak because he’s got 20-25 lbs vs Baker.

The most important thing is that he protects the ball.

Jacobys arm is significantly weaker than Baker’s. Not sure how that is even debatable.

Baker is a better athlete. Jacoby is a smarter runner and knows when and how to run.

Jacoby is elite at taking care of the ball. He is the ideal game manager—literally. If you were to draw me up the ideal of a backup QB, it would be Jacoby. He’s one of only a few QBs that can come off the bench and legitimately play starter caliber football. We’re lucky to have him and I need to come off my Baker Truther hill after watching him through 2 games this yr. 

• Like 1