Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think 3 o lineman with the first 3 picks sounds good to me.

so you want 3 useless players? I can't even remember the last O-linman we drafted that's played well for us? NPF could some day but not right now, Davis did at one point, Conklin I think is the last one I can remember. 

Actually just looked, under Robinson we've drafted 8 O-linemen. Conklin moved on, Davis is a below average starter at best, and the jury is still out on NPF. the other 5 are completely out of the league or aren't even serviceable backups. Horrible would be a massive OVERSTATEMENT of our ability to draft even decent backups for the O-line. Only way I'm using our first 3 picks on the O-Line is if at least two of them are used to trade for 1 or 2 established veteran starters.

Only player that should be safe on the O-line this offseason is NPF and thats only because he's still on a rookie deal and has shown enough upside that he's earned a chance to compete next year. Lewan should be a cap cut, Brewer has no business being more than a backup, Jones is a decent piece but he's not getting any younger and isn't irreplaceable at this point, Davis could be back only if its a short, cheap, prove it deal. We can't replace 3 or 4 with rookies.

It's worrisome because if we have to rebuild the entire O-line, are we going to have money to keep Big Jeff? we are already slatted to be way over the cap come this offseason before we make any moves.          

4 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

so you want 3 useless players? I can't even remember the last O-linman we drafted that's played well for us? NPF could some day but not right now, Davis did at one point, Conklin I think is the last one I can remember. 

Actually just looked, under Robinson we've drafted 8 O-linemen. Conklin moved on, Davis is a below average starter at best, and the jury is still out on NPF. the other 5 are completely out of the league or aren't even serviceable backups. Horrible would be a massive OVERSTATEMENT of our ability to draft even decent backups for the O-line. Only way I'm using our first 3 picks on the O-Line is if at least two of them are used to trade for 1 or 2 established veteran starters.

Only player that should be safe on the O-line this offseason is NPF and thats only because he's still on a rookie deal and has shown enough upside that he's earned a chance to compete next year. Lewan should be a cap cut, Brewer has no business being more than a backup, Jones is a decent piece but he's not getting any younger and isn't irreplaceable at this point, Davis could be back only if its a short, cheap, prove it deal. We can't replace 3 or 4 with rookies.

It's worrisome because if we have to rebuild the entire O-line, are we going to have money to keep Big Jeff? we are already slatted to be way over the cap come this offseason before we make any moves.          

No, I don't know how you interpreted that as I want useless players. 

Are we just going to not draft positions because our GM can't hit on a position group?

That sounds like a gm problem.

I want us to actually hit on picks. 

Jrob should be on the hot seat. He isn't making Vrabel or anyone's job any easier.

I want us to actually have a feasible offensive line. The offensive line is the heart of a team. Look at the teams that a struggling right now because they don't have a group that can protect. Rams, Tampa, and the Bengals. How long is it gonna be before Tannehill doesn't make it out of one of these hits.

What if Henry actually did have big holes in some of these games instead of dudes at his feet on first downs the second he touches the ball.

I want us to not get Willis killed when he steps up. 

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

No, I don't know how you interpreted that as I want useless players. 

Are we just going to not draft positions because our GM can't hit on a position group?

That sounds like a gm problem.

I want us to actually hit on picks. 

Jrob should be on the hot seat. He isn't making Vrabel or anyone's job any easier.

I want us to actually have a feasible offensive line. The offensive line is the heart of a team. Look at the teams that a struggling right now because they don't have a group that can protect. Rams, Tampa, and the Bengals. How long is it gonna be before Tannehill doesn't make it out of one of these hits.

What if Henry actually did have big holes in some of these games instead of dudes at his feet on first downs the second he touches the ball.

I want us to not get Willis killed when he steps up. 

I was kind of being a smart *** there. But history says us drafting O-line doesn't work out more the 70% of the time. 

I'm just saying that the GM has gotten us to a point with his inability to draft a competent O-line that we may be forced to let an All-Pro player like Simmons walk because in order for us to have a feasible line we have to sign an entire new group and we already don't have the money. 

I feel like we're gonna be in a spot at the end of the year that we have to choose, sign Simmons and risk it with the O-line or let him walk in order to rebuild it. plus we still have to make a decision on the QB spot.  

31 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

i agree with most of this but your take on davis is way off base. he had a tough season last year due to covid complications and injury stuff but was really solid in 2020 and has been very, very good this year. he's an above average starter and this year is our best OL, absolutely not "below average at best."

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i agree with most of this but your take on davis is way off base. he had a tough season last year due to covid complications and injury stuff but was really solid in 2020 and has been very, very good this year. he's an above average starter and this year is our best OL, absolutely not "below average at best."

I can agree with this. he's been good mostly. probably a little over reaction on my part. 

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not exactly sure where darnell washington is going to be drafted but he'd be a perfect replacement for swaim. 6-7 270, absolutely monstrous blocker in both pass pro and the run game, and a significant athleticism upgrade in the receiving department. not a burner at all but very tough to tackle after the catch- lots of green flags in terms of players our staff likes. having him be the primary inline guy while chig plays move TE/h-back would be a great duo. if he can be had in the 2nd or later i'm all about it.

Edited by -Hope-

It's partially fan bias, I'm sure, but there are sooo many Vols that I would love to have on the Titans.

Darnell Washington at LG.  Big tackle that can easily swing inside and actually pass block.

Either Hyatt or Tillman at WR.  Literally any receiver with some speed would help.

Byron Young to our Edge rotation.  Gonna be a steal where he's projected right now anyway and quality depth is the big need.

Even Jeremy Banks to throw into our LB group since he might go super late and is a converted RB still getting better.

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's partially fan bias, I'm sure, but there are sooo many Vols that I would love to have on the Titans.

Darnell Washington at LG.  Big tackle that can easily swing inside and actually pass block.

Either Hyatt or Tillman at WR.  Literally any receiver with some speed would help.

Byron Young to our Edge rotation.  Gonna be a steal where he's projected right now anyway and quality depth is the big need.

Even Jeremy Banks to throw into our LB group since he might go super late and is a converted RB still getting better.

is hyatt actually good or is he just fast? i feel like i just see him running wide open posts and gos all day courtesy of heupel magic.

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Darnell Wright is who I’m most interested in but I’m not sure what our plans are at LT. NPF is the RT although he still has a long way to go. Not sure Wright can play LT but dudes been a monster. Completely made Will Anderson look like a JAG. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Saying we shouldn't draft OL because Robinson sucks at drafting OL is just a weird take. 

Your solution to a problem is just to give up on finding good young OL and settle with always having a ****ty OL that can't pass block?

Fix the actual problem which is not being able to evaluate OL in the draft. Don't avoid it.

A complete overhaul of the OL should be our priority this year, both in the draft and FA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Saying we shouldn't draft OL because Robinson sucks at drafting OL is just a weird take. 

Your solution to a problem is just to give up on finding good young OL and settle with always having a ****ty OL that can't pass block?

Fix the actual problem which is not being able to evaluate OL in the draft. Don't avoid it.

A complete overhaul of the OL should be our priority this year, both in the draft and FA.

I wouldn’t even say he can’t evaluate OL. Obviously Wilson was a massive failure but the dude had some talent if he actually wanted to work. Kid was just a piece of ****. Radunz…. There’s really no explaining that. However, Conklin was good, Davis is good, NPF seems to be a find, and a Brewer although shouldn’t be starting is a good find in UDFA. OL play is down all across the league unless you have a stud OL coach like the Eagles. A big part of OL play being down is these spread offenses in college. Lineman taking much longer to develop. Robinson sure hasn’t been good lately and the AJ Brown trade makes me dislike his performance even more but the I wouldn’t say his OL evaluations are completely terrible.

On 10/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, lovetitans said:

...Davis is a below average starter at best, and the jury is still out on NPF.

ahhh Davis is one of the best OGs in the NFL and going to get a nice extension and NPF is doing very good for a rookie.  I'll take two more just like them.  Maybe educate yourself before posting it will help not be so embarrassing.  Not only is Davis the #6 graded OG in the NFL but this year has been equally as good in pass blocking as run blocking.  The guy is a stud.  How ridiculous.  We would probably be better using him at LT.  Of course anything is better than Daley.  

Brewer is actually a decent run blocker but a poor pass protector and Daley is a swinging gate.  That is where the problem is.  OH, and for those who wanted to draft Kenyan Green.....  guy is sucking big time, one of the worst OGs in the league.