Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

No the hell he doesn’t you reaching you looking at a highlight tape trust me I’m a FLorida fan the kid is trash toooo inconsistent 1 day he looks like Cam newton the next week Malik Willis. Cam could put it together multiple games & was consistent 

Read it again.

"He LOOKS better passing the ball..."  
I'm not saying he is a better college QB or played better than Cam did. 

Lol, damn. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m not gonna sit here and praise our offensive staff, even tho the worst of them all have been fired, but I’m struggling with the notion that we shouldn’t take a qb because our coaches “wouldn’t know what to do with him”

while it was mostly Art I’m sure…what offensive player of ours with actual talent didn’t get good to great production since Vrabel has been HC?

Tanny career revival 

Henry huge years

AJ had big production 

Corey nearly 1k as a number 2

chig I think led rookie TE in yards 

Jonnu had his best years here

treylon would’ve had a more solid year statistically if healthy

if you’re actually good…I’m not worried about the Vrabel regime getting a lot out of a guy and putting him in a position to succeed 

Tim Kelly helped Watson gain the love and praise of the league. The problem was more Downing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tim Kelly helped Watson gain the love and praise of the league. The problem was more Downing. 

agree...the problem was def more Downing

I just dont think the "but our staff will mess them up" takes are rooted in reality, esp w/ Downing gone. Same with the "how could he survive behind this OL". As if it's not very likely we make a concerted effort to IMPROVE the OL?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

agree...the problem was def more Downing

I just dont think the "but our staff will mess them up" takes are rooted in reality, esp w/ Downing gone. Same with the "how could he survive behind this OL". As if it's not very likely we make a concerted effort to IMPROVE the OL?

I would also say our history with QBs isn't exactly the faults of the coaches, as we've seen Locker, Mariota, and Young all had their issues and even leaving here to go to QB places like Philly for Vince or Gruden with Marcus, they didn't become franchise QBs. 

I'm leaning more and more that if a player has the drive to be better they will be better, if their skills allow. Will they work hard to be great?

I think it would be different if we had Warren Moon and held him back. 
Tannehill has been the best he has ever been with our staff. Dobbs looked like a NFL QB with our staff. 

Like most places, the OC we have and the offense we run will impact the type of QB we throw out there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I would also say our history with QBs isn't exactly the faults of the coaches, as we've seen Locker, Mariota, and Young all had their issues and even leaving here to go to QB places like Philly for Vince or Gruden with Marcus, they didn't become franchise QBs. 

I'm leaning more and more that if a player has the drive to be better they will be better, if their skills allow. Will they work hard to be great?

I think it would be different if we had Warren Moon and held him back. 
Tannehill has been the best he has ever been with our staff. Dobbs looked like a NFL QB with our staff. 

Like most places, the OC we have and the offense we run will impact the type of QB we throw out there. 

If a guy is gonna be elite … he’s gonna be elite no matter what 

AJ proved in his very first game that was was a totally different breed than Corey Davis

I think my fears about a guy like Richardson are more rooted in years of battered fan syndrome and seeing the same thing play out with the same type of QBs here over and over again. All different situations and different staffs but they were all considered mobile athletic QBs coming out of college. Marcus looked like the real deal until injuries took hold. 

I just personally want to build around a guy that already knows how to win from the pocket, has that pocket awareness, and accuracy part of the game down. I'm tired of the project QBs. I'm guilty of falling for the traits just as much as the next guy (hello Malik Willis), but sometimes we become enamored with what guys could be and not what they actually are. Then when we inevitably try to put our mobile uber athletic project QB into our west coast dropback system they are never able to reach that ceiling that we thought they could, and we're like "well I guess he just was never the guy." It's not all on the coaching staffs but putting all the blame on those QBs as to why they didn't succeed here isn't really fair either. It takes a whole team to make a young QB successful. It doesn't just fall on one part or the other.

The reason Tannehill had success here is he was primarily a pocket passer that also had the mobility aspect of his game. We didn't have to teach him how to read a defense or how to win from the pocket. Those things were already part of his game before he got here. Same with Dobbs. There's a world of difference between the Dobbs and Tannahill's of the world and the Malik Willis' of the world. They're completely different players.

I guess this was my long-winded way of saying the QB I want in this draft if Bryce Young is unattainable, is CJ Stroud. He's a pocket QB who could immediately come into our system and have success. He's got great accuracy and he has that mobility part of his game. We're not going to have to rebuild him and teach him the basics of how to run an NFL offense like we would with a Richardson, and after over a decade of us trying to do that over and over again, I think the idea of getting a pocket passer that's closer to NFL ready sounds pretty damn good.

• Like 1

Our offensive staff hasn't ruined anyone. Fans have fallen in love with bad players and blamed coaches that the player didn't match their hopes.

Ryan Tannehill has been pretty damn good for us and he has never had half of the support that Marcus Mariota had as probably the 25th-30th best QB in the NFL during his time here.

Not tuning the offense to Malik probably had more to do with how bad he is and the fact that he looks like a squirrel in the middle of the road with a car coming as soon as the ball is snapped.

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Our offensive staff hasn't ruined anyone. Fans have fallen in love with bad players and blamed coaches that the player didn't match their hopes.

Ryan Tannehill has been pretty damn good for us and he has never had half of the support that Marcus Mariota had as probably the 25th-30th best QB in the NFL during his time here.

Not tuning the offense to Malik probably had more to do with how bad he is and the fact that he looks like a squirrel in the middle of the road with a car coming as soon as the ball is snapped.

to be fair...Tannehill doesn't exactly have a easy video game character comp to turn into an avatar 😉 

(i kid, i kid)

• Like 1

It's an arms race in our division. Literally. 
Next season, each team will have gone after their or have their young gun. They have started the clock. 

I would hate to have been so good in the division and all the sudden be last because we are afraid to try to get our guy. 

Like Bills GM said about Chase, summary saying I don't want to suck bad enough to be high enough to draft a talent like him.

Pending a healthy team, I don't see us in the near future drafting higher than where we are now.

We really need Ran and his team to dive into these QB's. Get the right OC to match the QB and roll with a younger guy. 

Ryan is 34 and I know QB's can play longer, however, not everyone is Brady or Brees. But it's those truly great QBs that can play into their late 30's and still be good. Looking around the landscape, the 30 plus guys now are Cousins, Rodgers, Wilson, Flacco, Tannehill and Dalton.  Those are guys starting.

Not exactly a group that inspires you.

We need to reset our QB clock sooner than later. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

to be fair...Tannehill doesn't exactly have a easy video game character comp to turn into an avatar 😉 

(i kid, i kid)

I still have the Mariota version of Super Mario 1 as my PSN avatar lol.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) wouldn't let me name our first dog" Barkus Mariota".

• Like 2

Just now, TitanSS said:

I still have the Mariota version of Super Mario 1 as my PSN avatar lol.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) wouldn't let me name our first dog" Barkus Mariota".

i will forever cherish the hat he gave me as he walked into the locker room after we beat the Bears in Nov 2016

• Like 3