Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

8 hours ago, Soxcat said:

ahhh Davis is one of the best OGs in the NFL and going to get a nice extension and NPF is doing very good for a rookie.  I'll take two more just like them.  Maybe educate yourself before posting it will help not be so embarrassing.  Not only is Davis the #6 graded OG in the NFL but this year has been equally as good in pass blocking as run blocking.  The guy is a stud.  How ridiculous.  We would probably be better using him at LT.  Of course anything is better than Daley.  

Brewer is actually a decent run blocker but a poor pass protector and Daley is a swinging gate.  That is where the problem is.  OH, and for those who wanted to draft Kenyan Green.....  guy is sucking big time, one of the worst OGs in the league.

Maybe read all post before opening your mouth? it was like the next comment where I said it was probably an overreaction on my part about Davis and agreed he's been good. 

Over reaction being bass ackwards on a guy who has been a stud and calling him a dud?  What were you overreacting to exactly?  Calling possibly our best OL guy part of the problem?  Saying he has been average when he has been good is overreacting I guess.  Saying what you did was damn near retarded and indictive you have no idea what you are talking about.  

So it's looking more and more, to me, that there's really only three directions to go with the first pick: tackle, wide receiver, or edge.  All three are positions we desperately need help with, and all three are premium positions where we'd likely need to spend a high pick.

Given that a number of picks need to be spent on skill players and OLs, and only one of these three big needs is likely to be solved in free agency, it looks to me like one is getting neglected.

If it's me, I try to get WR help in the offseason with a guy who can be a number 2 or 3, then spend the first pick on a tackle, and the second on either a really good TE, or another WR, depending on the talent available.  Edge can wait, if one of them has to.  Our offense just can't go on like this.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So it's looking more and more, to me, that there's really only three directions to go with the first pick: tackle, wide receiver, or edge.  All three are positions we desperately need help with, and all three are premium positions where we'd likely need to spend a high pick.

Given that a number of picks need to be spent on skill players and OLs, and only one of these three big needs is likely to be solved in free agency, it looks to me like one is getting neglected.

If it's me, I try to get WR help in the offseason with a guy who can be a number 2 or 3, then spend the first pick on a tackle, and the second on either a really good TE, or another WR, depending on the talent available.  Edge can wait, if one of them has to.  Our offense just can't go on like this.

I would slide Edge off that list for now.  Edge is a luxury pick at the moment. We will need some more youth, yes. Maybe 3rd round combined with a FA. Landry will be coming off injury and Dupree likely gets restructured or released.

I just have to have O-line help. And coming from me that means something lol. I hate O-line in the 1st.  O-line then WR. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I would slide Edge off that list for now.  Edge is a luxury pick at the moment. We will need some more youth, yes. Maybe 3rd round combined with a FA. Landry will be coming off injury and Dupree likely gets restructured or released.

I just have to have O-line help. And coming from me that means something lol. I hate O-line in the 1st.  O-line then WR. 

I don't think Edge is a luxury, presuming that Bud Dupree gets cut.  You need three starting Edges really, and we only have Landry coming back from injury and Rashad Weaver.  Depth there is a desperate need, and a starter is still a need.  Now, if Dupree gets restructured, then I agree, it drops way down the list.

If we spend the first rounder on an OT, we likely get the fifth off the board (after Johnson, Jones, Skoronski, and Fashanu in some order).  That should be a starting quality LT.

Ideally, Darnell Washington would be there in the second round as our TE because he's a monster and would fit the system pretty well since he can block, but I don't know if he lasts that long.  Someone like Cedric Tillman or Kayshon Boutte would be a nice consolation prize though.  Any of the three gives us a much needed boost to the group.

You can get a starting guard in the third.  Maybe like Jaxson Kirkland out of Washington.

Assuming we re-sign Davis, that gives us a pretty complete OL and a suddenly much more viable group of skill players with the top 3 picks.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

OT should be the top need but I really don’t want a rookie LT especially with where we’ll be picking. That’s one spot, I’m looking in FA.

I mean, I don't know if you've seen the OT free agents that will be available next year, but it's not exactly full of quality starters.  And most of those that are available and good will be snatched up by their own teams.

There's a very good chance we won't have a choice but to either sign some crappy tackle or draft one early, because signing a good one is very likely to just not be an option.

Same as every year for the first round. Best player available out of QB, WR, OT, CB, and pass rusher. If you've got a high grade on them and they play one of those positions, take 'em. 

It's the one gripe I don't have with Robinson. He at least has followed that rule outside of drafting Rashan Evans.

I'd like to avoid a top 5 talent but hurt guy lol and Im hoping we can maybe trade for a LT somewhere idk maybe lewan takes a huge cut and can be our backup to a rookie idk

Id say WR but Trey is gonna go off but a guy with speed so we can take those deep shots that have been missing this year

11 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

I'd like to avoid a top 5 talent but hurt guy lol and Im hoping we can maybe trade for a LT somewhere idk maybe lewan takes a huge cut and can be our backup to a rookie idk

Id say WR but Trey is gonna go off but a guy with speed so we can take those deep shots that have been missing this year

Just gotta go for talent/fit for a couple years. No projects or injury guys. 
This last class was full of proven players who produced and what not. 

Stick with that.