Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Huge fan of Zay Flowers. He’s not far from WR1 to me. 

brett kollmann actually has him as his WR1. doubt he's first off the board but he could be a real riser especially if he times well. 

tbh, i know nobody wants to hear it after the season our offense just had....but depending on what we do in FA, EDGE/DL could honestly make a lot of sense at 11 with guys like myles murphy, tyree wilson, calijah kancey, and bryan bresee possibly hanging around. gotta stack those trenches and with bud dupree on his way out and denico autry aging, it's gonna be a need sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Great breakdown of Stroud here.

Love this, he understands situational football & he said the same thing I said, his ceiling is Joe Burrow 😎 worst case I see him as Jared Goff. I think he can become 1 of the best QB in the league. If coached properly has all the tools 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Love this, he understands situational football & he said the same thing I said, his ceiling is Joe Burrow 😎 worst case I see him as Jared Goff. I think he can become 1 of the best QB in the league. If coached properly has all the tools 

Funny you say that because Jared Goff is the guy I see when I watch him play. Totally agree that he’s got the ceiling to be 1 of the best if he can consistently make plays outside of structure like he did in that Georgia game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Who knows what the future holds, but I think we are in for a world of hurt if either Houston or Indy get stroud, as is expected/very likely 

he just seems like the real deal to me. Young can obviously ball but I just am super concerned about his size 

I get it, but I'm always the guy that doesn't fear it until I see a reason to do so.

Example: "AFC West is going to be unbeatable."  Healthy QBs for Chargers and Chiefs, we sweep that division. 

So while Stroud is my #1 QB now, I'm still wait and see. Who is he throwing too? Will the line be fixed? How will the defense be (Lenord getting older and coming off injury).  And is the coach actually a good coach or just had great weapons?

Houston could take a jump, but they just have so much they need to do. Hard to name many players on their team besides Cooks and Pierce. (same could be said about us). I just think they have to far to go before being a consistent threat. 

But all that to say, man wish we had a young QB to build around. 

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I get it, but I'm always the guy that doesn't fear it until I see a reason to do so.

Example: "AFC West is going to be unbeatable."  Healthy QBs for Chargers and Chiefs, we sweep that division. 

So while Stroud is my #1 QB now, I'm still wait and see. Who is he throwing too? Will the line be fixed? How will the defense be (Lenord getting older and coming off injury).  And is the coach actually a good coach or just had great weapons?

Houston could take a jump, but they just have so much they need to do. Hard to name many players on their team besides Cooks and Pierce. (same could be said about us). I just think they have to far to go before being a consistent threat. 

Need to go get him now because this may be the closest we can move up to get a guy, I wouldn’t mind giving up a 2023 1st & 2nd, 2024, 1st & 3rd. 2025 1st & 2026 2nd 😆

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Funny you say that because Jared Goff is the guy I see when I watch him play. Totally agree that he’s got the ceiling to be 1 of the best if he can consistently make plays outside of structure like he did in that Georgia game.

Yep, Goff was good with McVay he gave him the answers to the test, & so far he’s been good with the lions with what he has to work with. With all that said the kid can be special if brought along carefully with great coaching. He process things well, he just a half field reader right now, but he moves his eyes quick, pocket awareness is good mechanics are sound though at times he doesn’t take off running when he’s has the ability to do so. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Need to go get him now because this may be the closest we can move up to get a guy, I wouldn’t mind giving up a 2023 1st & 2nd, 2024, 1st & 3rd. 2025 1st & 2026 2nd 😆

I would do:

2023 1st and 3rd.
2024 1st and 4th
2025 1st

or

2023 1st, 4th and 6th.
2024 1st and 3rd
2024 2nd. 

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ultimately it just comes down to our division getting better, which was bound to happen eventually. (And honestly speaking, the season is more "fun" when a division is a true fist fight and more competitive)

As much as this forum tends to be in denial, Lawrence is already a problem in Jax. Add Stroud and Young, for conversations sake, to Indy and Houston...suddenly we have the worst QB situation in the division. Because all 3 of those teams have infinite more "potential' than we do.

I think all AFCS teams have far to go to be a consistent threat right now, with Jax being closest, for a variety of different reasons. Right now we're the best coached team in the division, but Pederson is the real deal and Ryans/Steichen are question marks (Ryans seems more legit to me). Defensively I think we should be feeling good (for now), but offense is just an objective mess.

Interesting offseason ahead, to say the least! popcorn is ready

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ultimately it just comes down to our division getting better, which was bound to happen eventually. (And honestly speaking, the season is more "fun" when a division is a true fist fight and more competitive)

As much as this forum tends to be in denial, Lawrence is already a problem in Jax. Add Stroud and Young, for conversations sake, to Indy and Houston...suddenly we have the worst QB situation in the division. Because all 3 of those teams have infinite more "potential' than we do.

I think all AFCS teams have far to go to be a consistent threat right now, with Jax being closest, for a variety of different reasons. Right now we're the best coached team in the division, but Pederson is the real deal and Ryans/Steichen are question marks (Ryans seems more legit to me). Defensively I think we should be feeling good (for now), but offense is just an objective mess.

Interesting offseason ahead, to say the least! popcorn is ready

I'm in a holding pattern with Lawarence.  Yes, he looked more like a #1 pick than ever before. Pederson had the team confident, and they found a good groove.

But defenses catch up fast and will see what they did and eliminate things. 
I think it was Chip Kelly that said "they caught up to us and we didn't have a counter." 
Kind of happened to us if you think about it. lol

Pederson is a better coach than that (I think), but I'll give it another year before I officially crown Lawrence as a problem opposed to a legit hurdle.

Popcorn is ready. 

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm in a holding pattern with Lawarence.  Yes, he looked more like a #1 pick than ever before. Pederson had the team confident, and they found a good groove.

But defenses catch up fast and will see what they did and eliminate things. 
I think it was Chip Kelly that said "they caught up to us and we didn't have a counter." 
Kind of happened to us if you think about it. lol

Pederson is a better coach than that (I think), but I'll give it another year before I officially crown Lawrence as a problem opposed to a legit hurdle.

Popcorn is ready. 

Trust me when I say this Lawrence is a problem he’s the real deal guy doesn’t flinch & he’s getting a #1 WR next yr. Pederson is a dam good coach he won a SB for a reason wit Nick Foles vs arguably the greatest QB & HC of all time he was only forced out of phili due to he Carson wentz & Jalen hurts issue. Don’t underestimate the 2 😆. Yea DC going to have film on him but that only works for QB’s who are limited as a passer playing from the pocket. DC’s can have all the film on Lawrence he can make every throw, football IQ is off the charts & is accurate with a HC who comes from the Andy Reid tree that also knows football 

22 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Trust me when I say this Lawrence is a problem he’s the real deal guy doesn’t flinch & he’s getting a #1 WR next yr. Pederson is a dam good coach he won a SB for a reason wit Nick Foles vs arguably the greatest QB & HC of all time he was only forced out of phili due to he Carson wentz & Jalen hurts issue. Don’t underestimate the 2 😆. Yea DC going to have film on him but that only works for QB’s who are limited as a passer playing from the pocket. DC’s can have all the film on Lawrence he can make every throw, football IQ is off the charts & is accurate with a HC who comes from the Andy Reid tree that also knows football 

I'll see.  But same was said about Wentz and few others.  Only to see them torn down a season or two later. 

Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are really the only ones to have stood the test of time so far to me. Lamar Jackson also maybe.