Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll see.  But same was said about Wentz and few others.  Only to see them torn down a season or two later. 

Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are really the only ones to have stood the test of time so far to me. Lamar Jackson also maybe. 

Wentz has mental issues he hasn’t been the same since he shredded his knee that is his problem, & he overachieved as small school prospect, but Lawrence has lived up to expectations since high school won on every level the highest graded QB as a prospect since John Elway it’s really no flaws in his game to be honest. He can make every throw can read an entire field throws with anticipation can throw a WR open. With him all he need is playmakers & protection. He struggled as a rookie because he had nothing to work with, not a HC no OL no playmakers at the skills position. The AFC south is no longer a joke & Indy is still 1 QB away 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Wentz has mental issues he hasn’t been the same since he shredded his knee that is his problem, & he overachieved as small school prospect, but Lawrence has lived up to expectations since high school won on every level the highest graded QB as a prospect since John Elway it’s really no flaws in his game to be honest. He can make every throw can read an entire field throws with anticipation can throw a WR open. With him all he need is playmakers & protection. He struggled as a rookie because he had nothing to work with, not a HC no OL no playmakers at the skills position. The AFC south is no longer a joke & Indy is still 1 QB away 

We shall see. 

I don't think anyone can say Lawrence ain't it...but I also am hesitant to say he is going to be a problem for the next 10 years. He very well(maybe even likely) will be, but I refuse to call someones career after 2 years. I would say he has every attribute to be elite, and good enough coaching, but you just don't know until the team has to start to let folk walk or trade key pieces in order to pay the QB. 

Stroud has a Goff, Dak feel for me...I think on a good team he can have really nice numbers and wins, but I don't see him as a guy to elevate other guys. I likely feel that way because he had such great talent around him and he never had a signature win. The other reason...and more likely the reason...I am a Michigan fan so I HATE OSU!!!! Hate, hate, hate, hate!\

46 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I don't think anyone can say Lawrence ain't it...but I also am hesitant to say he is going to be a problem for the next 10 years. He very well(maybe even likely) will be, but I refuse to call someones career after 2 years. I would say he has every attribute to be elite, and good enough coaching, but you just don't know until the team has to start to let folk walk or trade key pieces in order to pay the QB. 

Stroud has a Goff, Dak feel for me...I think on a good team he can have really nice numbers and wins, but I don't see him as a guy to elevate other guys. I likely feel that way because he had such great talent around him and he never had a signature win. The other reason...and more likely the reason...I am a Michigan fan so I HATE OSU!!!! Hate, hate, hate, hate!\

Dak doesn’t throw guys open terrible ball placement doesn’t throw well with anticipation I don’t see how You came up with Dak. Stroud makes throws routinely in tight windows throws well with anticipation. 
only reason I say Golf is because they keep it simple so he can go through his progression & make reads quickly. But his arm talent is better than Goff as well.

you want a signature win see what he did VS arguably the best ranked defense in college football from top to bottom he was a surgeon VS Georgia, & those weren’t all scheme wide open throws. Coverage was there right windows 

Edited by TitanRedd

Look at the poise, the command of the offense he has, the footwork, notice eyes always down field,& he’s basically moving off the feel he has of the pocket. Intangibles what you can’t teach. Mechanics are fundamentally sound when throwing always on his feet. Kid is a quiet assassin. The only flaw I see in his game looking at the film, is he’s not asked to read an entire field. Ball placement puts the ball on the money so WR’s can catch it & make a play with the ball 🗣God please I want this kid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

See that’s how I saw him. A guy who, in the right system and right talent around him, should be in that 8–14 range in terms of NFL QB rankings for the majority of his career. Like good Goff and Dak. Then the UGA game happened and it really made me recalibrate everything. That performance was of a guy who could be in that elite, top 5 QB range. Does he have that in him all the time or was that just a one game wonder? That’s the big question.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

See that’s how I saw him. A guy who, in the right system and right talent around him, should be in that 8–14 range in terms of NFL QB rankings for the majority of his career. Like good Goff and Dak. Then the UGA game happened and it really made me recalibrate everything. That performance was of a guy who could be in that elite, top 5 QB range. Does he have that in him all the time or was that just a one game wonder? That’s the big question.

I believe so, reason being every game I watch the tape his mechanics the same, eyes down the field can manipulate the pocket, accuracy & ball placement. Yes it looks easy do to strength of schedule he plays, but had he not dominate the competition we wouldn’t have this conversation. Can’t knock a guy for being able to put the stats that still takes talent. It’s like the argument I’ve had with guys about Matthew Stafford, & that is Megatron made him & he had all these weapons. At the end of the day he threw over 5k yards twice some not easy, only few have done & what was Jon kitna stats with megaton 🤷🏽‍♂️.  

Like Slim said, I am not comparing to Dak on attributes, more like when Dak had the best O-line in the game they won 13 games and lost to top tier teams. That's what I have seen from Stroud...the UGA game aside...he is pretty ordinary to good  vs top end teams. I saw a different guy vs UGA, easily the best I have seen him. It is not all his fault that guys run wide open vs most of their opponents and he can hit them, it just isn't impressive to me. The game vs UGA certainly was impressive. 

I just refuse to definitively say guys coming out of college are going to be great or trash...I have missed the boat on way too may guys on both sides of that. I would have bet any amount of money that Hurts would never be a quality starter, and he is. Not ready to say elite but clearly he can get you to the mountain top with the right team around him. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

30 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Like Slim said, I am not comparing to Dak on attributes, more like when Dak had the best O-line in the game they won 13 games and lost to top tier teams. That's what I have seen from Stroud...the UGA game aside...he is pretty ordinary to good  vs top end teams. I saw a different guy vs UGA, easily the best I have seen him. It is not all his fault that guys run wide open vs most of their opponents and he can hit them, it just isn't impressive to me. The game vs UGA certainly was impressive. 

I just refuse to definitively say guys coming out of college are going to be great or trash...I have missed the boat on way too may guys on both sides of that. I would have bet any amount of money that Hurts would never be a quality starter, and he is. Not ready to say elite but clearly he can get you to the mountain top with the right team around him. 

I’m not going by that game alone I’m looking at other games I’m looking at his mechanics footwork his progression. It’s consistent 

• Like 1

i think my ultimate take on the OL: FA RT like mcglinchey or kaleb mcgary, kick NPF inside to guard, try to address LT early in the draft and then add another IOL round 3-5ish, then brewer/roos/levin/draft pick compete for the C and other G spots. it's not amazing, but i think it's workable and puts us on a path toward potentially having a pretty good OL the year after (or even by the end of the season if we get lucky and hit on both LT and a mid round IOL).

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i think my ultimate take on the OL: FA RT like mcglinchey or kaleb mcgary, kick NPF inside to guard, try to address LT early in the draft and then add another IOL round 3-5ish, then brewer/roos/levin/draft pick compete for the C and other G spots. it's not amazing, but i think it's workable and puts us on a path toward potentially having a pretty good OL the year after (or even by the end of the season if we get lucky and hit on both LT and a mid round IOL).

I know this sound crazy but not too many options out there in FA, the top OL is Brown & he’s really overrated looked great in a heavy run scheme in Baltimore when Lamar Jackson isn’t throwing the ball 30-40 times a game, & im KC mahomes not holding on to the ball all game long quick releases. But back to my point if I’m the titans I’ll look into Tyron Smith either by trade or FA if he’s cut or on the block. He misses games every yr true, but he still 1 of the best when he plays & we would only need him for bout 1-3 yrs if possible like a stop gap T

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I think people think we have to draft 4 lineman.  Not so much here. But listening to radio. 

They are like you can only spend the first round pick on a OT. 

I feel you can address things via FA and in the draft. If we happened to take an edge or anything other than LT it will be ok. Still great option in the 2nd. 

FA. Draft and bringing back Brewer to compete with Radunz for a spot is not terrible. 

We go from an F line to a C+ to B-. Which would have won us at least 2 more games. 

For a rookie tackle, NPF was aight. I expect he’ll be better next year and be a mediocre right tackle, which is how he was playing at his best last year anyway.

I do think we need two early picks on OLs. One at LT, and obe interior, but that’s probably it.

• Like 2

Looking at Will Levis 2021 gives you a much better taste in your mouth than last year. 

And yeah I think 2 drafted linemen with the expectation that they will be starting is my ideal draft. Where you find those linemen I don't care. Just as long as they are solid and well evaluated.