Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

Former Vikings GM Rick Spielman said Paris Johnson looks like he will be an average/slightly above average LT. Not really an All-Pro type guy. But a long time starter.  
Made me think of Taylor Lewan like player. 

Nothing crazy, but I thought he was looked more as a All-Pro-ish LT. One man's opinion. 
He thought Peter Skron.... was a better OL/football player. 

I really don't see it with Skoronski.  At all.

Like, he's fine, but that Penn State tape is rough.  That whole defense kicked his ***.

Ohio State had some rough tape for him as well.  Between struggling two whole games and TRex arms, I don't see how you put him ahead of a whole bunch of other dudes.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Former Vikings GM Rick Spielman said Paris Johnson looks like he will be an average/slightly above average LT. Not really an All-Pro type guy. But a long time starter.  
Made me think of Taylor Lewan like player. 

Nothing crazy, but I thought he was looked more as a All-Pro-ish LT. One man's opinion. 
He thought Peter Skron.... was a better OL/football player. 

Mind games.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Has us trading our 1st and 2nd to move up to draft Stroud. Seems kind of cheep. 

For comparisons, here’s two recent draft trades in similar range to us moving from 11 to 6.

”Josh Allen Trade”

Bills trade-12th pick, two second rounders (53rd pick and 55th pick)

Bucs trade-7th pick, seventh rounder(255th pick)

”Jaylen Waddle Trade”

Dolphins trade-12th pick, fourth rounder (123rd pick) and 2022 first rounder

Eagles trade-6th pick, fifth rounder (156th pick)

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For comparisons, here’s two recent draft trades in similar range to us moving from 11 to 6.

”Josh Allen Trade”

Bills trade-12th pick, two second rounders (53rd pick and 55th pick)

Bucs trade-7th pick, seventh rounder(255th pick)

”Jaylen Waddle Trade”

Dolphins trade-12th pick, fourth rounder (123rd pick) and 2022 first rounder

Eagles trade-6th pick, fifth rounder (156th pick)

Now these are the type of trades I can get behind. They don't cripple your drafts for the next few years if the QB doesnt pan out

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Anyone ever have the feeling of being disappointed if  you actually get the player that is mocked to your team? Even if they are a good player?

Like if we get Paris Johnson, I somehow weirdly will be disappointed. lol

For me, that only happens if I don’t like the player. Like with Isaiah Wilson, he was a popular pick in mock drafts and I was in denial that he’d be the pick. Then we actually picked him and well…we all know how that went.

Now admittedly, I’m no expert when it comes to scouting OL. Having said that, I don’t think anyone should be disappointed if Paris Johnson is the guy. Even if he’s like what Rick Speilman said is a slightly above average tackle in the mold of Taylor Decker or Jake Matthews, you take that all day and twice on Sunday’s.

Edited by TitanSlim

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For me, that only happens if I don’t like the player. Like with Isaiah Wilson, he was a popular pick in mock drafts and I was in denial that he’d be the pick. Then we actually picked him and well…we all know how that went.

Now admittedly, I’m no expert when it comes to scouting OL. Having said that, I don’t think anyone should be disappointed if Paris Johnson is the guy. Even if he’s like what Rick Speilman said is a slightly above average tackle in the mold of Taylor Decker or Jake Matthews, you take that all day and twice on Sunday’s.

Yeah, I guess it's just anticlimactic. lol 

Part of the fun of the draft is not knowing. I like to try to predict it, but when EVERYONE thinks we will pick the player and we do it's like. "Oh. well ok." lol

Like the Chris Johnson pick I was so hype because I predicted it and soooo many on the forum just knew we wasn't because we had Lendale White. lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Has us trading our 1st and 2nd to move up to draft Stroud. Seems kind of cheep. 

Now this I could get behind.

I don’t think it’s realistic Stroud gets to 6, but even as bearish as I’ve been on trading for a QB, this is not bad.

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, I guess it's just anticlimactic. lol 

Part of the fun of the draft is not knowing. I like to try to predict it, but when EVERYONE thinks we will pick the player and we do it's like. "Oh. well ok." lol

Like the Chris Johnson pick I was so hype because I predicted it and soooo many on the forum just knew we wasn't because we had Lendale White. lol

Yup I was SHOCKED when we took him.. Took a preseason game to see why we did tho haha but yee I get what you're saying. Honestly tho. Id like to avoid surprises this draft (Unless we going up and grabbing a QB) and getting a nice solid LT would be just fine with me..

Im messed up for life after watching that bum start at LT game after game. Legit makes me wonder about Mike as a HC a bit but thats another story lol