Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I was saying I have Stroud above him mainly because I'm an Ohio State fan so that's my bias. Jalen Hurts looked pretty good this year, Tua when healthy also looked ok. I don't care what college a player went to that has no barring on how they project or play as pro. 

Yeah, unless a particular organization is producing similar players that work a certain way, consistently, across several years, where they went to school doesn't matter much.

Alabama's offense is completely different with Young than it was with Hurts, Tua, or Jones.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, unless a particular organization is producing similar players that work a certain way, consistently, across several years, where they went to school doesn't matter much.

Alabama's offense is completely different with Young than it was with Hurts, Tua, or Jones.

Alabama offense always different because so many OC’s leave almost every 2 yrs & take a HC job. But still tell me what Alabama QB has set the league on fire - hurts last yr. My point is this, it’s not about the school it’s about the QB skill set, for ex Mahomes at Texas tech he was overlooked why because Texas tech offensive scheme, no QB in Tx Tech has produced in the NFL, vs break the QB down by his arm talent & skill set. Can he read a defense, is he accurate, does he has a strong arm, footwork from the pocket. Okay after you do your homework it comes down to 3 things; can your offense implement a scheme towards his strengths & build his weaknesses. Does the QB has work ethic & is coachable. & 3 is he going to a franchise that’s stable that can offer him time to get better put him in the right situation, not a dumpster fire that’ll tear his confidence have him working with a new OC every yr. 

33 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:I don't care what college a player went to that has no barring on how they project or play as pro. 

& This how Andy Reid won the best QB in the draft, that man gets it. A offensive genius who knows the game knows how to surround a QB with the tools to succeed. It’s so many QB’s that play in pro style offenses & dominated in college football but get to the NFL & can’t cut it, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Blain Gabbert, Christian ponder, Jamie’s Winston. I can keep going point is, if your drafted into a bad situation & a HC has no clue no plan to develop your skill set & you don’t have the work ethic all that sh!t you did in college is irrelevant on to the next QB

There’s still a part of me that’s like, trade down from 11, draft Michael Mayer and follow the early 2010’s Patriots double tight end offense. We’re obviously not drastically changing our offensive philosophy so let’s just fully embrace the 12 personnel and run our pass game through our tight ends.

Mayer is baby Gronk, Chig is Hernandez (without the, you know, murder), Burks is WR1, draft a speed guy to take the top off the defense and add some overall speed on offense, maybe Phillips could become Welker like.

I hated the Patriots but I must admit. Seeing them dominate offensively during that period running their offense mostly through two tight ends was fun to watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

There’s still a part of me that’s like, trade down from 11, draft Michael Mayer and follow the early 2010’s Patriots double tight end offense. We’re obviously not drastically changing our offensive philosophy so let’s just fully embrace the 12 personnel and run our pass game through our tight ends.

Mayer is baby Gronk, Chig is Hernandez (without the, you know, murder), Burks is WR1, draft a speed guy to take the top off the defense and add some overall speed on offense, maybe Phillips could become Welker like.

I hated the Patriots but I must admit. Seeing them dominate offensively during that period running their offense mostly through two tight ends was fun to watch.

I wouldn't hate spending an early pick at TE over WR.  A weapon is a weapon, and the board may fall so that there are better TEs available with that second pick than there are WRs.

Darnell Washington, Luke Musgrave, and Dalton Kincaid could all be huge contributors to this offense, and I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer any of the three of them to like Josh Downs, Tank Dell, or Kayshon Boutte.  Now Cedric Tillman, Rashee Rice, or Zay Flowers are different stories.

I really hope we get Darnell Washinton. I would love what he would bring to the run game inline as well in the red zone.

I also think he would make more money if he beefed up and tried to play tackle, but thats just me...

Some combo of Addison/Flowers, Washington, and a starting calibur OL in the 1st 3 rounds is a hope I'm gonna hope for long while

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

O'Cyrus Torrance in the first would make me throw something, but otherwise, that's a very good list.

I love him in the 2nd guy is nasty in the run game moves people a mauler pass blocking needs fine running hand placement & technique 

28 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I love him in the 2nd guy is nasty in the run game moves people a mauler pass blocking needs fine running hand placement & technique 

In the second, sure.  I think there are likely better IOLs we can get there, but I won't be mad at taking a good guard prospect 40th.  11th?  Hell no.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm hearing more and more how Johnson isn't as good as people think he is. 

its facts... watch the film if you wanna.. he has traits but he and the tackle from GA are both projects.. if we go LT at 11, please let it be skoronki.. that dudes tape is ELITE!! he doesn't have short arms either.. he just doesn't have long ones..