Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

So here's my idea Titans draft at the moment, considering who is projected to be available, and what we're projected to keep around.

1. OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma: Fix LT first and foremost.  Harrison is a mauler, so even our run blocking is the only thing that matters philosophy should see him as a fit.
2. TE Darnell Washington, Georgia: The biggest TE you'll find would be a great complement to Chig, and help us field more weapons.  He can also block.
3. OL Olusegun Oluwatimi, Michigan: Underrated interior OL that can play C or guard if need be.  He's a stellar run blocker.
4. (comp) WR Jalen McMillan, Washington: Guy who mostly played the slot, but played well against good DBs, and can be more than just a slot guy.
5. Edge Adisa Isaac, Penn St: Has some tools and flashes occasionally on tape.  Edge depth that we need badly.
6. RB Travis Dye, USC: Derrick Henry is still here, but he's gonna need more help than usual.  Dye can catch some balls too.
7. K Harrison Mevis, Missouri: Just spend an actual draft pick on a kicker instead of some DB you'll just cut preseason.  You can usually have second choice among the entire class here.

A QB that knows how to play the position. A QB that can actually read a defense and not rely on scrambling to do so. 

Willis can't read a defense. He came from a simple offense.  We don't have 3 years to wait on him to become ready. Also, I don't trust this staff to be able to develop him. We need someone that doesn't need that much seasoning

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Every QB should be on the table at this point. 

that's fair, but stroud is basically the dinosaur of QB prospects: a big statue with a good arm who is "pro ready" but completely crumbles under pressure and has zero athleticism. he's totally outdated in today's nfl, which of course makes me feel like our brain trust in all their brilliance would see him as a perfect fit for our stone-age offense.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's fair, but stroud is basically the dinosaur of QB prospects: a big statue with a good arm who is "pro ready" but completely crumbles under pressure and has zero athleticism. he's totally outdated in today's nfl, which of course makes me feel like our brain trust in all their brilliance would see him as a perfect fit for our stone-age offense.

Stroud doesn’t have athleticism? I’ve seen him run before and looks athletic.. let me go look at some tape real quick lol

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Stroud doesn’t have athleticism? I’ve seen him run before and looks athletic.. let me go look at some tape real quick lol

i think technically he does but he has no idea how to use it. doesn't run and is a statue in the pocket.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i think technically he does but he has no idea how to use it. doesn't run and is a statue in the pocket.

I'll have to watch him, but can he play QB? I mean like make actual reads and throw the ball? That's all I want now. Someone that has been coming up in passing camps, played QB his whole life and is a QB from head to toe. Not a guy that scrambles to make plays or someone that is super athletic. 
Can he move and run better than Tom Brady?  Yes? I'm sold. lol 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll have to watch him, but can he play QB? I mean like make actual reads and throw the ball? That's all I want now. Someone that has been coming up in passing camps, played QB his whole life and is a QB from head to toe. Not a guy that scrambles to make plays or someone that is super athletic. 
Can he move and run better than Tom Brady?  Yes? I'm sold. lol 

yes. you’re basically describing CJ stroud exactly. he’s as traditional a QB as you’ll find- basically bred to be a pocket passer. 5 star recruit, all the private passing camps, all that. i don’t think any of that matters because the second you get pressure on him he’s useless. i mean genuinely one of the worst-graded QBs in college football under pressure useless. he’s kind of like tannehill in that regard- he needs everything to go right around him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes. you’re basically describing CJ stroud exactly. he’s as traditional a QB as you’ll find- basically bred to be a pocket passer. 5 star recruit, all the private passing camps, all that. i don’t think any of that matters because the second you get pressure on him he’s useless. i mean genuinely one of the worst-graded QBs in college football under pressure useless. he’s kind of like tannehill in that regard- he needs everything to go right around him.

now, i'll say this: i think bryce young is going 1 overall, but if stroud somehow jumps him and young falls for some reason, maybe due to concerns about his size- i am SPRINTING up to the podium to draft him. because he's got everything stroud does- the ability to quickly read defenses, the downfield passing ability, the accuracy- but he also has that special "it" factor, the pocket presence, the ability to move around and make magic happen. the knock on young is that he's small, and that his arm strength, while perfectly nfl-caliber, isn't amazing. and those are both true. the size especially is concerning because he's not just short- he's light, and the last thing we want is even more injury issues. but even with all that, his ability is way too much to pass up.

unfortunately he's probably headed to houston at 1 overall, and we'll have to deal with one more special QB in the afc south while we muck around in the 1800s.

If we make it in the playoffs, probably 18-22nd. 

The more likely scenario is probably 10th-15th with us losing out.

Actually might be a blessing if an OT like Paris Johnson is available.

Unfortunately, NPF doesn't look much better than Dennis Daley at this point.