Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Just want to make a statement about progressions.

I think a lot of times when people think of progressions, they think of someone going from one side of the field to the other. 

But looking at video, that's not the case with a lot of QBs.

Looked at 2020 Deshaun Watson with Tim Kelly. A lot of one read, one side of the field looks. The scramble is where some of those other side of field throws came into play.
Looked at 2021 tannehill, a lot of the same. Play action, one side of the field (flood type concepts, meaning multiple WRs crossing the QB's eyes).

Even Tom Brady same thing. 

The big thing is being smart enough to recognize a defense and know where to go with the ball. Know where you want to attack.  

Us of all people, know how rare it is to have time just to scan the routes in front of you and then flip to the other side and see the others. 

UT offense with Hooker had him read certain defenders and routes. I think he did it well. I think he could learn NFL ways just the same. 

Progression is the ability to read a defense rather it’s a 1 side of the field 2 reads or 1. Can you read the defense & smart decisions in the offense you’re playing in. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm being fickle but if we trade up for Richardson I won't be mad. 

I think he is gonna be really good. 

My feeling is I strongly doubt we trade up. 

I think Young goes first. Stroud goes either 2 or 3.

I get this feeling that Richardson may slip. If he slips to that 5-10 position. And the cost isn’t too steep to move up a few slots to get him, I could see that scenario.

Most likely scenario to me is taking a lineman. 

I don’t feel so strongly one way or another about these QBs. If I am betting on one to me it’s Young. But to me, that dude is going 1.

Sending my good vibes to Ran. Set us up brother!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

My feeling is I strongly doubt we trade up. 

I think Young goes first. Stroud goes either 2 or 3.

I get this feeling that Richardson may slip. If he slips to that 5-10 position. And the cost isn’t too steep to move up a few slots to get him, I could see that scenario.

Most likely scenario to me is taking a lineman. 

I don’t feel so strongly one way or another about these QBs. If I am betting on one to me it’s Young. But to me, that dude is going 1.

Sending my good vibes to Ran. Set us up brother!

Yeah the smart play is not to trade up. If one falls that you like. Make the best call. 

Trade back if you can. 

• Like 1

If Jahmyr Gibbs is there at 41 would anybody be against pulling the trigger? Henry ain’t getting younger and Gibbs would add a whole new element to the offense with his speed and receiving skills. A true 1 2 punch.

i knw we have other needs, I’m just thinking outside the box lol

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Over the time of this whole draft process, I’ve become more and more in on Richardson. At this point he’s just slightly under Stroud for me. I said it before but I actually think Richardson’s floor is higher than most think strictly because of his running ability and physical talent. If you have a smart playcaller/system you can thrive with him even with his flaws early on. Justin Fields last year, Jalen Hurts in 2021, Lamar’s first few seasons, and even early career Colin Kaepernick has shown that.

I also mentioned it before, but there’s just something in the back of my mind that worries me if we trade up for Stroud, and he’s not surrounded by the same talent he was at OSU.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Over the time of this whole draft process, I’ve become more and more in on Richardson. At this point he’s just slightly under Stroud for me. I said it before but I actually think Richardson’s floor is higher than most think strictly because of his running ability and physical talent. If you have a smart playcaller/system you can thrive with him even with his flaws early on. Justin Fields last year, Jalen Hurts in 2021, Lamar’s first few seasons, and even early career Colin Kaepernick has shown that.

I also mentioned it before, but there’s just something in the back of my mind that worries me if we trade up for Stroud, and he’s not surrounded by the same talent he was at OSU.  

I'm with you. I have some doubts bout Stroud. He had a NFL OL, literally and NFL All-Pro WRs. Hard not to look good with that, but he does have the skills. Just a matter of will those skills still shine, when not surrounded by talent that is Head over Heels better than the opponent. 

But yeah, I don't think Richardson is as big a project as some think. And I'm getting convinced more and more that he is a hard worker, so if the talent and work ethic match up, Watch out.  I still think he will be the most successful QB out the bunch at least stat wise and what not. Maybe not the most rings/wins.  

But me liking him, pretty much says that he will be drafted before us and I can't see us trading up..

Hope he doesn't go in the AFC South because I'd like to root for him. lol

Guess I'll start looking at 2024 QBs. lol
My hot take, Caleb Williams isn't this dope QB everyone says he is...
If Hooker's offense was an issue, the USC offense doesn't do Williams many favors either.. (Leave that conversation for another time. lol)

49 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm with you. I have some doubts bout Stroud. He had a NFL OL, literally and NFL All-Pro WRs. Hard not to look good with that, but he does have the skills. Just a matter of will those skills still shine, when not surrounded by talent that is Head over Heels better than the opponent. 

But yeah, I don't think Richardson is as big a project as some think. And I'm getting convinced more and more that he is a hard worker, so if the talent and work ethic match up, Watch out.  I still think he will be the most successful QB out the bunch at least stat wise and what not. Maybe not the most rings/wins.  

But me liking him, pretty much says that he will be drafted before us and I can't see us trading up..

Hope he doesn't go in the AFC South because I'd like to root for him. lol

Guess I'll start looking at 2024 QBs. lol
My hot take, Caleb Williams isn't this dope QB everyone says he is...
If Hooker's offense was an issue, the USC offense doesn't do Williams many favors either.. (Leave that conversation for another time. lol)

The funny thing is, only one maybe two of the QBs we’ve discussed is going to be bonafide franchise QB for the team they’re drafted by. Just look back at the heralded 2021 QB class. Just two years later and Trey Lance is maybe the 3rd string QB, Zach Wilson is already done in NY, Mac Jones is rumor to already be in trade talks, and Justin Fields (while showing flash and promise) may already be in a make or break year. Lawrence is the only guy who you can confidently say is a franchise QB from that class. Same with the 2018 class. Only two out of the five QBs selected in the 1st are franchise QBs (Allen and Jackson).

We’ll have plenty of time to discuss and debate Caleb Williams for the next year but I heavily disagree with you. That kid is the truth. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by TitanSlim

13 hours ago, 615finest said:

If Jahmyr Gibbs is there at 41 would anybody be against pulling the trigger?

Yes.

13 hours ago, 615finest said:

Henry ain’t getting younger and Gibbs would add a whole new element to the offense with his speed and receiving skills. A true 1 2 punch.

i knw we have other needs, I’m just thinking outside the box lol

RB is insanely deep in this class, and we need help at premium positions.  Spend that 41st on an OL or WR rather than a backup/future RB.  You can get a good Henry speller in the fourth or fifth round.  You can't get a No. 2 WR or a starting tackle in those rounds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah the smart play is not to trade up. If one falls that you like. Make the best call. 

Trade back if you can. 

Exactly, in what fantasy world could anyone think Richardson is so good he is worth two extra 1st round picks.  I'd rather take Hooker at #11 and I'm not sure they don't have a similar chance of being good.  Levis might even fall to us at #11.  YOu spend that kind of draft capital IF the guy is a stud and ready to go like Luck or Manning.  Not for a guy with a 54% completion stat needs time to develop.  I wouldn't even trade up if Stroud was there.  

20 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don’t show me in history we’ve been able to develop raw QB’s if you willing to trade up or even take him at 11 because you’re confident in developing him, you might as well continue to develop Willis, who has a yr off NFL coaching & much cheaper salary than Richardson. He’s a 1-2 yr project his throwing mechanics & footwork needs work & of course pocket awareness progression. If you want a project QB smartest thing is keep Willis.