Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

I honestly think we’re trading down. I only see us staying at 11 is if Gonzales or Murphy falls to us, I don’t see us trading up unless Stroud or young falls to 3. I would really prefer us to trade Henry & Tanny to Atlanta for a 2nd & a 3rd 😮‍💨

18 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I don’t show me in history we’ve been able to develop raw QB’s if you willing to trade up or even take him at 11 because you’re confident in developing him, you might as well continue to develop Willis, who has a yr off NFL coaching & much cheaper salary than Richardson. He’s a 1-2 yr project his throwing mechanics & footwork needs work & of course pocket awareness progression. If you want a project QB smartest thing is keep Willis. 

I heard a good quote, "if we are afraid of taking a QB because the staff won't develop him, then we need to fire the staff."

That said, we can't let that fear stop us from drafting anyone. If that is the case, we will never take a QB. 
But we Tim Kelly, who has made QBs look good in the past and new addition of Charles London, we've yet to see what kind of development we are capable of.

But Richardson to me is far and away further along than Willis was/is. Being able to show some success in the SEC is a big deal, and he just has more impressive game clips/examples highlighting his ability to do so, compared to Willis. 

Mechanics and foot work are maybe the easiest things to teach maybe? 
But he has pocket awareness, he was one of the less sacked QB's in college football, mainly because of his ability to navigate the pocket and or escape. 

I don't think he is as big a project as some think. I think when breaking down his games and seeing the examples of all the skills needed is very good foundation to build upon. 

All that to say tho, He is likely gone before we pick so, I just hope he isn't in the AFC south so I can root for him. 

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I heard a good quote, "if we are afraid of taking a QB because the staff won't develop him, then we need to fire the staff."

That said, we can't let that fear stop us from drafting anyone. If that is the case, we will never take a QB. 
But we Tim Kelly, who has made QBs look good in the past and new addition of Charles London, we've yet to see what kind of development we are capable of.

But Richardson to me is far and away further along than Willis was/is. Being able to show some success in the SEC is a big deal, and he just has more impressive game clips/examples highlighting his ability to do so, compared to Willis. 

But he has pocket awareness, he was one of the less sacked QB's in college football, mainly because of his ability to navigate the pocket and or escape. 

I don't think he is as big a project as some think. I think when breaking down his games and seeing the examples of all the skills needed is very good foundation to build upon. 

All that to say tho, He is likely gone before we pick so, I just hope he isn't in the AFC south so I can root for him. 

I agree with your assessment about trusting our coaching staff to develop him, I mean that’s their job I sure hope they prove me wrong for once but I totally disagree  The claim he’s father along than Willis how with only 13 career starts & looking like gold 1 week & hot sh!t da next 

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He’s a big project as a Florida fan, he’s raw 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Feels like the calm before the storm.

I think we've analyzed every angle of every player. 

People like me have liked, disliked and liked players. lol

Only for us to the most boring thing and take an OT at #11. 

I think it's extremely likely that the most boring thing still nets us the best overall player that will be available.

I'm hoping we go with Broderick Jones if Paris isn't available.  I'll accept JSN too since this isn't a great WR class, but we still need a ton of help on the OL.  Dillard's an improvement at LT, but who wouldn't be?  And he's not gonna be a top 10 left tackle.  Be nice to have a stud player on the right side who can eventually move over.

Hell, might even find NPF or Radunz has a little trade value to recoup some future mid rounders.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think it's extremely likely that the most boring thing still nets us the best overall player that will be available.

I'm hoping we go with Broderick Jones if Paris isn't available.  I'll accept JSN too since this isn't a great WR class, but we still need a ton of help on the OL.  Dillard's an improvement at LT, but who wouldn't be?  And he's not gonna be a top 10 left tackle.  Be nice to have a stud player on the right side who can eventually move over.

Hell, might even find NPF or Radunz has a little trade value to recoup some future mid rounders.

I' m good with serviceable OL at the moment, if we can land an impact player they believe in. Be that on the defensive line, WR or QB. 

If we are going to take an OL, I'd rather trade back and take a solid player that could be had in the late teens, That's about where I'd value some of these OL prospects.  I'd also just like to get another pick or two. 

Still think we end up making a big move with one of our big 3 of Byard, Henry or Tannehill. Simply because of the numbers.  Something has to give.