Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

43 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Question:
Is Hendon Hooker a QB worth taking. He will be there in the 1st. And will you look at that, he is coming off an ACL. lol

He came from a crazy offense, but that is going to be a real discussion. Is Malik better than Hooker. 

I don’t trust our offensive staff to put him in the right system to succeed. We force QBs into our offense instead of molding it to their strengths. We’ve seen glimpses of what are offense could look like with Malik but we steady go away from it.. Until we get a competent offensive mind I don’t think it matters who the QB is sadly.

Could be draft the Tennessee offensive staff with Hooker? Lol

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Question:
Is Hendon Hooker a QB worth taking. He will be there in the 1st. And will you look at that, he is coming off an ACL. lol

He came from a crazy offense, but that is going to be a real discussion. Is Malik better than Hooker. 

No. Unless you’re talking about taking him early Day 3. He’s 25, coming off a torn ACL, and never showed an ability to get it done when the Vols offense wasn’t clicking 100 percent.

Malik is probably a better option. He has plenty still to learn about playing QB, but there’s been flashes. I didn’t get a chance to watch the Houston game, but I don’t know if how he looked mattered that much. We knew Malik was raw and a long term project. No one should be surprised that he’s not there yet, especially not with the worst OL the franchise ever fielded.

The only QBs that are better options than Malik in this class are Stroud and Young.

As of right now, who would you guys slot in for next year as a starting OL? Brewer is a RFA and honestly should be nothing more than a backup center. Way too small for an NFL OG spot. Problem is, you want your backup IOL to be able to play all 3 spots. Jones I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires. Davis is UFA and is a very solid player. Problem is, there’s always an injury issue. Dude has gotten old veteran treatment during TC since his rookie season. I honestly feel like you have to resign him but it definitely has to be a fair deal for the team. Maybe a short term deal.  NPF has been slightly better than Daley but still pretty horrible especially as the season goes on. He’s a rookie and has good traits so he’s definitely not a lost cause but in no way  should he be slotted as the starter at RT. So that’ll be maybe 3 guys returning with two being backup level players(maybe NPF gets a sophomore jump). So at least 3-4 new starters. Lewan cost too much and can never stay healthy. I want a full rebuild of the OL. That includes that bozo Carter getting fired. We need a whole new identity in that OL room. There should be a minimum of 2 OL drafted and another 2 in FA. 

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Way too small for an NFL OG spot.

Is it just not possible for Brewer to put on heavy weight this offseason and switch to center?

NPF has been progressively gotten worse, but maybe he just needs more time to learn. Not going to give up on that.

Feel like you gotta figure out a way to keep Davis around. We cant let him go at this point.

Exhaust all resources on flipping this thing. Like Cincy did this last year. 

I ultimately want to get younger overall in this group though. Age in important spots, LT and C has killed us.

Edited by twotonebluenation

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

As of right now, who would you guys slot in for next year as a starting OL? Brewer is a RFA and honestly should be nothing more than a backup center. Way too small for an NFL OG spot. Problem is, you want your backup IOL to be able to play all 3 spots. Jones I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires. Davis is UFA and is a very solid player. Problem is, there’s always an injury issue. Dude has gotten old veteran treatment during TC since his rookie season. I honestly feel like you have to resign him but it definitely has to be a fair deal for the team. Maybe a short term deal.  NPF has been slightly better than Daley but still pretty horrible especially as the season goes on. He’s a rookie and has good traits so he’s definitely not a lost cause but in no way  should he be slotted as the starter at RT. So that’ll be maybe 3 guys returning with two being backup level players(maybe NPF gets a sophomore jump). So at least 3-4 new starters. Lewan cost too much and can never stay healthy. I want a full rebuild of the OL. That includes that bozo Carter getting fired. We need a whole new identity in that OL room. There should be a minimum of 2 OL drafted and another 2 in FA. 

LT - Peter Skoronski

LG - Isaac Seumalo

C - Garrett Bradbury

RG - Nate Davis

RT - Mike McGlinchey

Idk anything about Peter Skoronski except for all top tackles would be gone at our pick and he is best available lol replace him with Andre Dillard if he sucks. But I am with you. I want 4 new starters next year.

32 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

LT - Peter Skoronski

LG - Isaac Seumalo

C - Garrett Bradbury

RG - Nate Davis

RT - Mike McGlinchey

Idk anything about Peter Skoronski except for all top tackles would be gone at our pick and he is best available lol replace him with Andre Dillard if he sucks. But I am with you. I want 4 new starters next year.

Hearing that Peter S is maybe better built to be an OG because of slow feet.  I dunno.

But this line is better than anything we put out there this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Hearing that Peter S is maybe better built to be an OG because of slow feet.  I dunno.

But this line is better than anything we put out there this year. 

He is imo. He struggles to latch onto his blocks in space too. I’m not sure why he’s considered a top prospect in some circles.

1. Paris Johnson - OT - OSU

2. Sedrick Van Pran - C - Georgia

These are my favorite first and second round guys to start to fix our OL.

WR, CB, and EDGE still need love, but we can't completely fix everything in one year. Van Pran is one of my favorite prospects. Insanely explosive. Looks amazing pulling and running outside zone.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Thoughts on Will Levis?

If we end up drafting high enough it may be in the conversation. 

Opposed to the opinion I like Levis. 

I just don't see us taking a QB this year. Doesn't seem like a reality. Even if we are in that 10-12 range.

None of these quarterbacks are worth it to me. Literally none of them get me excited. I don't see us reaching for any of these guys.

Try to trade back, stock pile picks. Invest in that o line and receiver depth. Fire downing. Get another running back that can play a Ekeler role in connection to Henry. Ask Ryan if he wants to take a pay cut to stay, if not let him ride.

We are kinda between a rock and a hard place with our QB situation. It is hard to imagine any QB surviving in this situation. I would rather heal as much as you can around the position, before throwing early draft assets at another QB that can fail due to this situation.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Thoughts on Will Levis?

If we end up drafting high enough it may be in the conversation. 

Opposed to the opinion I like Levis. 

Honestly I don't understand how he is considered a 1st round pick. Every single time I watched him he was awful. Legitimately awful. I guess he has the arm scouts like and a good football mind maybe. That's the only reason I can think of why people consider him a 1st round pick. Maybe the right coach gets him to be good but I don't trust our staff to do that at all.

• Like 1