2022 Stat Watch

Pastor Dillon

I love to keep up with stats, and now that we are two weeks into the season, we have multiple game stats to look at. 

for this who like PFF numbers Tunsil is in the 80s on one end and Stingley is in the 40s on the other. Stingley was abused over and over again but he has 3 pass breakups. He’s also 3rd on the team in tackles but I’m not sure that’s a good thing. 

Peirce is over 100 yards rushing. Needs to average 58 a game to break the 1,000 yard mark. I think he can get there if he can hold up the full schedule. We gave him the bulk of the carry’s Sunday and he responded fairly well 

mills isn’t hated by PFF being in the 60s but he’s also not loved. He hasn’t thrown a pick but he has fumbled a few times and has not passed the eye test in the two chances to win games. With the current state of the roster we are a decent QB away from being 2-0 which is a positive sign. QBR has him ranked 29th in the league, which is fair. 

defensively, we really don’t have much individually to look at. Green has 1.5 sacks and Hughes has 2 

Greenard has been a non factor for much of the season but did get a sack against the broncos 

scoring defense has been good but we’ve given up a ton of yards. 

probably about the start to the season we expected but hoped we’d overachieve. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like PFF, but a lot of people dont, but here is the PFF ratings we currently have

Mills....70
Pierce....70.9
Cooks......64.6
Collins....67.2

Tunsil....78.7
Green....53.4
Quessenberry....50.2
Cann....65.5
Howard....69.8

Defense

Greenard.....60.9
Collins......56.9
Lopez....63.1
Hughes....79.6

Hill.....41.3
Kirksey....58
Cashman...82.5

Stingley....45.5
Nelson....64.5
Pitre.....49
Owens...67.2

On 10/4/2022 at 10:24 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Stingley....45.5
Nelson....64.5
Pitre.....49
Owens...67.2

This feels like it's backwards. Nelson and Owens are the liabilities, Stingley and Pitre are the average guys.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This feels like it's backwards. Nelson and Owens are the liabilities, Stingley and Pitre are the average guys.

For Pitre its probably the missed tackles and for Stingley it was the Courtland Sutton game that brought their averages down.

• Like 2

Pierce is 4th in rushing and on pace for 1,400 yards and 10 TDs which would put him right there for ROY

nico Collins has the 3rd highest Yards per catch average of anyone in the top 50 of receiving yards. He’s on pace for a little over 900 yards 

Davis Mills has a QBR better than Joe Flacco and Baker Mayfield and literally no one else. 

• Like 1

Two Texans to make note of:

1. LT Laremy Tunsil is playing like a top 5 LT (which I think the “eye test” validates, he’s kicked his game into high gear).

2. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill is the worst LB in football. No, seriously; His PFF grade is barely over 30 on a scale of 100. Guy can’t cover and misses more tackle than he makes in the run game. KGH playing usually means the team is giving up yards.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Two Texans to make note of:

1. LT Laremy Tunsil is playing like a top 5 LT (which I think the “eye test” validates, he’s kicked his game into high gear).

2. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill is the worst LB in football. No, seriously; His PFF grade is barely over 30 on a scale of 100. Guy can’t cover and misses more tackle than he makes in the run game. KGH playing usually means the team is giving up yards.

Sign me up for 3 more years of Tunsil.

• Like 1