Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t blame you at all. I hope you copy and paste your post about the stadium experience & email it to them.

I will, but it will fall on deaf ears. 

Oh and I almost forgot the cherry on the top of the day for me (aside from the steaming pile the team left on the field).

Every game, I will get a "souvenir cup". Hard plastic cup that you pay extra for (like $4 more). I imbibe a few drinks before the game and use the game to sober up if I had anything to drink before the game. So I drink coke and eat some food. 

In past years, the souvenir cup allowed you to get free refills. 

Not this year. A very nice and helpful young woman said "oh we don't do refills"

I said, "every year for the past two decades you've done it for these cups. It is literally THE reason to get them"

"Sorry sir, but I can get my manager if you'd like"

I just said (acronym time) YGBFKM and walked off. 

I think someone mentioned that it seems like Snyder is trying to avoid spending any $ he doesn't have in anticipation of being removed. So he can leave with as much cash as possible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

Better than Ron rivera

at least wentz would be performing better with what we have . Our OC has now made two teams defense look better than the 2000 Ravens for the first half .

He would be better than Rivera. I never thought he was that great of a hire. I understood it since you guys were in a really bad place after 2019. I'm sure you couldn't get many good candidates to interview. I thought Ron was a solid coach who is a disciplinarian and maybe he could bring the team/organization to a place of respectability and functioning, but never truly thriving. I don't see adjustments enough from Washington's coaching staff. The team needs new young blood in there at HC and probably GM too. That's why I've thought its a detriment to you guys that you always do okay and not awful besides 2019, cause you always end up with a pick that's meh but not terrible enough to have free pick of a top QB. Like if I was in your guys position I'd rather just be bad for a year and then fire the coaching staff, then hire an offensive minded head coach preferably, draft a young QB with one of the first picks and finally inject hope into the franchise/fanbase. I feel like the team is constantly making things harder on themselves than they need to be. Team really does need new ownership.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What stuff? People never had to pay to view the Washington Post until Bezos took it over. That guy is all about charging fees on everything. 

Trust me, there's no love lost with me and Bezos, but that's the way of things with most newspapers now (paywalls). 

Why do you guys go to games & want Snyder fired at the same time?

You really want him gone? Quit helping him stay in business by paying for ridiculous prices, to watch disappointment.

You can get that at home for FREE. No nasty unclean bathrooms, biligerent drunks & annoying traffic. 

You know what I do when a company pisses me off & I want them to go out of business?

I stop doing business with them. 

It's not a difficult concept.

If everybody like Thai & the fanbase just simply STOPPED going to the games.

We'd have a new owner within a year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He would be better than Rivera. I never thought he was that great of a hire. I understood it since you guys were in a really bad place after 2019. I'm sure you couldn't get many good candidates to interview. I thought Ron was a solid coach who is a disciplinarian and maybe he could bring the team/organization to a place of respectability and functioning, but never truly thriving. I don't see adjustments enough from Washington's coaching staff. The team needs new young blood in there at HC and probably GM too. That's why I've thought its a detriment to you guys that you always do okay and not awful besides 2019, cause you always end up with a pick that's meh but not terrible enough to have free pick of a top QB. Like if I was in your guys position I'd rather just be bad for a year and then fire the coaching staff, then hire an offensive minded head coach preferably, draft a young QB with one of the first picks and finally inject hope into the franchise/fanbase. I feel like the team is constantly making things harder on themselves than they need to be. Team really does need new ownership.

Amen. This is why I said it was a mistake to go balls out for the division in Rivera's first year. I said it would cost us draft position (like 10 or 11 spots) and lead to massive overreaction in Ashburn about how close the team truly was/is. You're absolutely correct. We do just well enough not to be truly bad, but not bad enough to land game breaking players. And when we do land with the #2 pick, we get a guy who has one good/great season and then starts out badly in his 2nd year and gets injured. Meanwhile every one of the other teams in the division get to really suck for a year (or two) and then load up talent and make runs in the playoffs repeatedly. While we sail along on the SS. Mediocre

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You think they want Snyder airing their dirty laundry all over the place?  You think politicians want their dirty laundry out there as well?  

They’ve got to be very delicate with the DC team.  The owners at the time approved Snyder because they wanted a young owner who could represent them in DC for a long time.  For better and for worse, he’s cultivated those relationships, and if he doesn’t want to go, and the NFL wants to force him out, it will get ugly.  

I don’t think any of that matters. It will be Snyder vs. the NFL. The NFL isn’t losing that. 

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Trust me, there's no love lost with me and Bezos, but that's the way of things with most newspapers now (paywalls). 

I know but it wasn’t like that until Bezos bought the paper. Oh well, regardless I don’t want him as the owner. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You really want him gone? Quit helping him stay in business by paying for ridiculous prices, to watch disappointment.

You can get that at home for FREE. No nasty unclean bathrooms, biligerent drunks & annoying traffic. 

You know what I do when a company pisses me off & I want them to go out of business?

It’s all shared revenue. None of that matters anymore. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

A) I go to maybe 2 games (max) per year. One of them is to keep  streak alive and the other is just to hang with some friends in the parking lot.

B) Visiting fans would still go. DC is a transient city and people are here from all over the country for work, etc... They'll still go. The "stop going to games" thing isn't going to remove him from ownership because it won't ever be enough people not in the stands to get other owners to force him out. 

C) The only thing short of everything else going on that could possibly force him out is a concerted boycott campaign toward the NFL sponsors/advertisers and the 31 other individual team sponsors/advertisers. Messing with other owners' money is a surefire way to get their attention.

But local fans deciding to just not show up is not going to get Snyder gone. Not by a long shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Amen. This is why I said it was a mistake to go balls out for the division in Rivera's first year. I said it would cost us draft position (like 10 or 11 spots) and lead to massive overreaction in Ashburn about how close the team truly was/is. You're absolutely correct. We do just well enough not to be truly bad, but not bad enough to land game breaking players. And when we do land with the #2 pick, we get a guy who has one good/great season and then starts out badly in his 2nd year and gets injured. Meanwhile every one of the other teams in the division get to really suck for a year (or two) and then load up talent and make runs in the playoffs repeatedly. While we sail along on the SS. Mediocre

Rivera was losing the team w/in his first month as it’s director of football operations & HC by continuing to put Haskins out there. So, he went to Kyle Allen. Kyle Allen broke his ankle. Then, Alex Smith got the job. Short of going back to Haskins late in October, I’m not sure what he could’ve done to tank or whatever. A lot of what happened the 2nd half of 2020 was out of their control w/ them playing mostly back up QBs etc, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Rivera was losing the team w/in his first month as it’s director of football operations & HC by continuing to put Haskins out there. So, he went to Kyle Allen. Kyle Allen broke his ankle. Then, Alex Smith got the job. Short of going back to Haskins late in October, I’m not sure what he could’ve done to tank or whatever. A lot of what happened the 2nd half of 2020 was out of their control w/ them playing mostly back up QBs etc, etc.

Somewhat disagree. While Rivera can't stop TDs, INTs, etc... he can make decisions that have an effect on the outcome.

It's year one on a VERY crappy team. Literally NO ONE expects you to do well. So what do you do? You evaluate your roster and the talent on it. See bolded. We should've put Haskins back out there and see if it clicked or not (if it didn't we get rid of him in that offseason). We should've put our depth guys out there to see what we had. And I repeatedly said as much. It's not so much intentionally tanking as taking a 1 year period to evaluate the talent on the team. And most people would've understood given where we were as a team when he took over (I literally wrote a 4-5 year plan for them to follow and posted it here). Instead we tricked ourselves into thinking the team was much better than it actually was because "we won the division". This killed any chance we had of actually rebuilding this team. Because now it locked us into "Defending the division" in Year 2 and Years 3+ recapturing it because "we just had it 2 years ago so we can't be that bad"

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Somewhat disagree. While Rivera can't stop TDs, INTs, etc... he can make decisions that have an effect on the outcome.

It's year one on a VERY crappy team. Literally NO ONE expects you to do well. So what do you do? You evaluate your roster and the talent on it. See bolded. We should've put Haskins back out there and see if it clicked or not (if it didn't we get rid of him in that offseason). We should've put our depth guys out there to see what we had. And I repeatedly said as much. It's not so much intentionally tanking as taking a 1 year period to evaluate the talent on the team. And most people would've understood given where we were as a team when he took over (I literally wrote a 4-5 year plan for them to follow and posted it here). Instead we tricked ourselves into thinking the team was much better than it actually was because "we won the division". This killed any chance we had of actually rebuilding this team. Because now it locked us into "Defending the division" in Year 2 and Years 3+ recapturing it because "we just had it 2 years ago so we can't be that bad"

I seem to remember them going back to Haskins a month later & Hakins breaking the Covid rules & getting cut. Like, it just wouldn’t have made a difference. Haskins was bound to screw up off the field by doing something like what he did.

Maybe they don’t win 7 games & end up with 5 or 6 though. That I’ll agree with & then you’re right we would’ve been picking in the 5-10 range and could’ve drafted Parsons, Fields or Mac Jones instead of Jamin Davis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I seem to remember them going back to Haskins a month later & Hakins breaking the Covid rules & getting cut. Like, it just wouldn’t have made a difference. Haskins was bound to screw up off the field by doing something like what he did.

Maybe they don’t win 7 games & end up with 5 or 6 though. That I’ll agree with & then you’re right we would’ve been picking in the 5-10 range and could’ve drafted Parsons, Fields or Mac Jones instead of Jamin Davis.

Exactly. Literally one more loss takes us out of the division title and drops us a ton of spots.

We would be drafting at #10 which gets us Parsons. 

Another loss puts us at 5-11 and drops us to #7.