Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

I seriously don’t even know how much I’m going to watch this game at this point. I’m growing very tired of Rivera. @naptownskinsfan was correct. I can not listen to his press conferences & him acting like how they’re starting games & playing on D isn’t a big deal. I wanted to give Rivera a chance when we hired him & I have. I expected Rivera to come to Washington & be aggressive in building this team into a winner like we used to be. He has been a good leader of men, but he’s been passive, not aggressive, in how he’s build this team.

It’s the 3rd year, he & the team must be better. In Shanahan’s 3rd year we were 10-6 & won the division. In Gibbs 2.0 & Gruden’s 2nd years we played good to great on both sides of the ball most of the time & went to the playoffs.

The two examples which will always stick out to me in the Rivera era are:

1) 2021 Rivera didn’t do much of anything to improve the offense but he drafted Jamin & signed WJ3 & McCain  to improve our secondary but they haven’t. 

Then, this past offseason he did the exact opposite. He brought the band back on D & even made it worse talent wise by cutting Ioannidis & Collins instead of just restructuring their deals. 

So, while our O is clearly better this year - well at least our passing game - our D looks as bad as it ever had the last 13 years since 2010 when Shanahan was hired & proceeded to make our D worse than what it was from 2004-2009 under Gregg Williams & Greg Blache.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Jack De Rio needs to have us playing tighter coverage this game and mixing up some blitzes. Have to make Jalen Hurts beat us by making accurate quick throws. We give him all day and lay up throws, he will torch us. 

It’s been over two years and we still don’t play tight coverage. 8-10 yards off the ball in just about every situation. But don’t worry, it’s the fault of the players. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I seriously don’t even know how much I’m going to watch this game at this point. I’m growing very tired of Rivera. @naptownskinsfan was correct. I can not listen to his press conferences & him acting like how they’re starting games & playing on D isn’t a big deal. I wanted to give Rivera a chance when we hired him & I have. I expected Rivera to come to Washington & be aggressive in building this team into a winner like we used to be. He has been a good leader of men, but he’s been passive, not aggressive, in how he’s build this team.

It’s the 3rd year, he & the team must be better. In Shanahan’s 3rd year we were 10-6 & won the division. In Gibbs 2.0 & Gruden’s 2nd years we played good to great on both sides of the ball most of the time & went to the playoffs.

The two examples which will always stick out to me in the Rivera era are:

1) 2021 Rivera didn’t do much of anything to improve the offense but he drafted Jamin & signed WJ3 & McCain  to improve our secondary but they haven’t. 

Then, this past offseason he did the exact opposite. He brought the band back on D & even made it worse talent wise by cutting Ioannidis & Collins instead of just restructuring their deals. 

So, while our O is clearly better this year - well at least our passing game - our D looks as bad as it ever had the last 13 years since 2010 when Shanahan was hired & proceeded to make our D worse than what it was from 2004-2009 under Gregg Williams & Greg Blache.

You'll watch it- every minute. It's what us addicts do 🥰 . Won't be long we'll be pullng for losses to get R R fired and get that high draft pick so we can talk about the off season .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s been over two years and we still don’t play tight coverage. 8-10 yards off the ball in just about every situation. But don’t worry, it’s the fault of the players. 

I've noticed. I just don't get it, I saw the Vikings doing the same thing on Monday night though. So it's not just us, but when I watch successful defenses, they are not doing that. They also mix up blitzes. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Get ready for a wave of green. Gonna be a bunch of eagle fans there.

I wish we had a better run organization like we did in the 80s & early 90s I do want us to get back to those days where we had this much energy around the team. Maybe Carson & the passing game can help get us there but those guys don’t play D. I just want a complete team that we can all love to root for. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

You'll watch it- every minute. It's what us addicts do 🥰 . Won't be long we'll be pullng for losses to get R R fired and get that high draft pick so we can talk about the off season .

Actually last week, I went to Penn Quarter a bar in DC to watch games with a few of my friends. It’s a broncos bar & two of my friends are broncos fans, the game in front of me on TV was the Jets vs Browns, next to that was something else & then like to the side of me I had to turn to left to watch it if I felt like it, was the Steelers vs Pats. 

My friends keep saying tell the waitress to have them make that TV Commanders so you can watch it, I never did. I was following what was happening in the first half on my phone on my yahoo sportscular app & wanted no part of seeing it.

I didn’t watch a down of last weeks game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I've noticed. I just don't get it, I saw the Vikings doing the same thing on Monday night though. So it's not just us, but when I watch successful defenses, they are not doing that. They also mix up blitzes. 

I do wonder if there’s some truth to our guys being young & if they do exotic things that they’re afraid they’ll blow an assignment. But hell, they’re doing that  anyway! Might as well get exotic with multiple coverage looks, some press man & exotic blitzes bc being a bend but don’t break D isn’t working for us, we’re breaking & not bending. We’re going to have to force the issue & live with some of the consequences as they come IMO. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Actually last week, I went to Penn Quarter a bar in DC to watch games with a few of my friends. It’s a broncos bar & two of my friends are broncos fans, the game in front of me on TV was the Jets vs Browns, next to that was something else & then like to the side of me I had to turn to left to watch it if I felt like it, was the Steelers vs Pats. 

My friends keep saying tell the waitress to have them make that TV Commanders so you can watch it, I never did. I was following what was happening in the first half on my phone on my yahoo sportscular app & wanted no part of seeing it.

I didn’t watch a down of last weeks game.

Sad, sad sad. It's come to this . R I P Turtle 🙏

• Like 1

I live in North Dakota, so I don't know for sure so correct me if I'm way wrong about this, but it seems like the fans really fall into what the media says about the team rather than forming their own opinions? From everything that I've heard is that we're going to be outnumbered by quite a bit for a home game? I know this has happened often in the past but we're 1-1, fans should still be somewhat excited due to it being the beginning of the year and the offense has looked better than any recent years. 

• Like 1