Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Because you have been arguing all along not to invest into Payne and he is our best player on Defense.  He is even playing better than Allen.

We didn't even offer Payne a contract.  We didn't even try.

Just like Scherff, Cousins, etc if you don't want to keep them long term, that is fine, but then you trade them when they have value.  Just letting him play out his contract is absurd.

So, I’m wrong bc Payne has played well for his first 3 games in a contract year?

That doesn’t mean what I said I’d do is wrong. They didn’t do anything I thought they should do in February or March. That makes them wrong, not me.

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

this was Davis best game as a pro

hes improving but sadly we still suck 

least maybe one linebacker is good enough to be here ..

I hope he keeps progressing. I like to see that, our secondary had a very rough day & we didn’t get enough pressure on Hurts.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, I’m wrong bc Payne has played well for his first 3 games in a contract year?

That doesn’t mean what I said I’d do is wrong. They didn’t do anything I thought they should do in February or March. That makes them wrong, not me.

IMO Payne has ranged from solid -> elite his entire tenure here.  He has never been bad.  He earned a contract.