Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, lavar703 said:

Jeff Bezos wants this team and the NFL wants him aboard. Snyder is going to suddenly have a change of heart/be forced to sell and they’ll do him a solid having Bezos overpay to get him to leave. Snyder is a goner. 

You think Snyder actually going next season?. 
I agree with the take about Bezos 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Jeff Bezos wants this team and the NFL wants him aboard. Snyder is going to suddenly have a change of heart/be forced to sell and they’ll do him a solid having Bezos overpay to get him to leave. Snyder is a goner. 

Snyder is going to go down swinging, and if it was any other NFL owner, I’d agree with you……but not the guy in Washington. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

25 years of suck has made a lot of our fans desperate. 

I didn't think the Jags were a great situation for Doug, cause of the front office,but I wanted to see him get a job. I just can't imagine having to hate the guy now that he's the enemy. I like him over in the AFC where we play him like once every 4 years and maybe in a SB if the stars somehow align. That works for me.

I don't typically like movement of players in the division from one team to another and thankfully it doesn't work out that much when teams do try it. Peters in a Cowboys uni is nasty work.

• Like 2

One last thing and I don't care who thinks worse of me for thinking this.

After being pissed all game, I actually flipped and then wanted them to hang a big old donut on us on the scoreboard (*). I wanted the coaches, players, front office and owner to be humiliated at being shutout rather than being able to say later "well we scored 8 points. We were only 2 scores down" in some kind of crazy moral victory celebration.

(*) full disclosure, I started the Iggles defense in Fantasy so this motive benefitted me. But even with me starting them, I didn't want that "0" on the scoreboard the entire game until I switched in the 4Q

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

One last thing and I don't care who thinks worse of me for thinking this.

After being pissed all game, I actually flipped and then wanted them to hang a big old donut on us on the scoreboard (*). I wanted the coaches, players, front office and owner to be humiliated at being shutout rather than being able to say later "well we scored 8 points. We were only 2 scores down" in some kind of crazy moral victory celebration.

(*) full disclosure, I started the Iggles defense in Fantasy so this motive benefitted me. But even with me starting them, I didn't want that "0" on the scoreboard the entire game until I switched in the 4Q

I don’t blame you at all. I hope you copy and paste your post about the stadium experience & email it to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Snyder is going to go down swinging, and if it was any other NFL owner, I’d agree with you……but not the guy in Washington. 

He won’t have much of a choice. They’ll have the votes to get him out. So they’ll give him the option to leave amicably and make it seem like it was his choice. They can’t have this guy owning a team anymore. It’s one thing to be a bad owner, it’s another to just be completely toxic. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What stuff? People never had to pay to view the Washington Post until Bezos took it over. That guy is all about charging fees on everything. 

That was a shift in media as a whole and nothing Bezos and his management did.  hell, there is an entire sports outlet that came about because of it.  

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He won’t have much of a choice. They’ll have the votes to get him out. So they’ll give him the option to leave amicably and make it seem like it was his choice. They can’t have this guy owning a team anymore. It’s one thing to be a bad owner, it’s another to just be completely toxic. 

You think they want Snyder airing their dirty laundry all over the place?  You think politicians want their dirty laundry out there as well?  

They’ve got to be very delicate with the DC team.  The owners at the time approved Snyder because they wanted a young owner who could represent them in DC for a long time.  For better and for worse, he’s cultivated those relationships, and if he doesn’t want to go, and the NFL wants to force him out, it will get ugly.  

• Like 1