Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I will, but it will fall on deaf ears. 

Oh and I almost forgot the cherry on the top of the day for me (aside from the steaming pile the team left on the field).

Every game, I will get a "souvenir cup". Hard plastic cup that you pay extra for (like $4 more). I imbibe a few drinks before the game and use the game to sober up if I had anything to drink before the game. So I drink coke and eat some food. 

In past years, the souvenir cup allowed you to get free refills. 

Not this year. A very nice and helpful young woman said "oh we don't do refills"

I said, "every year for the past two decades you've done it for these cups. It is literally THE reason to get them"

"Sorry sir, but I can get my manager if you'd like"

I just said (acronym time) YGBFKM and walked off. 

I think someone mentioned that it seems like Snyder is trying to avoid spending any $ he doesn't have in anticipation of being removed. So he can leave with as much cash as possible

That was me about Snyder tightening the purse strings....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Awesome!

I've been using them in Madden. Easily my favorite of the uni's.

Numbers on helmets, too. They are bad ***!

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/dc-commanders-to-unveil-new-black-and-bold-alternate-uniforms-against-dallas-cowboys-on-sunday/65-62e943e3-33d0-48f2-a5b3-e5672c9a1728

One other thing. We have to establish if Wentz is the guy before we hit the 70% threshold of starts. If we're way out of it as we approach that figure you have to bench him. You can't just give your second round pick away. We're getting a third for Scherff so keeping out second would leave us with a full slate of picks. I'd prefer Howell replaced Wentz in that case but wouldn't be shocked if it's Heinecke. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

One other thing. We have to establish if Wentz is the guy before we hit the 70% threshold of starts. If we're way out of it as we approach that figure you have to bench him. You can't just give your second round pick away. We're getting a third for Scherff so keeping out second would leave us with a full slate of picks. I'd prefer Howell replaced Wentz in that case but wouldn't be shocked if it's Heinecke. 

That's 11 starts right? Anything equal to or greater than 5-6 probably has Wentz starting. 4-7 or worse and it'll be interesting to see. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's 11 starts right? Anything equal to or greater than 5-6 probably has Wentz starting. 4-7 or worse and it'll be interesting to see. 

5-6 in a 17 game season is still a shot at the playoffs. I mean, 4-7 pretty much too but I can't see this team being in either of those situations. We're so bad right now. 

6 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Was watching Ron Rivera press

- saids we need to play better 

- wentz needs to play better, and we are still trying to find an identity on offense???

- Saids  need to change pass protection and run the ball more .

- Defense played better( I agree despite the 24 points ).

The other thing I would mention is that if he has something critical to say he doesn’t want to mention it because the press will make it a bigger issue. 
I kind of understand that reasoning, thinking he didn’t like what JDR did with J Davis by calling him out. 
I really wish this would work out with RR but not that hopeful. I hate that we have so much turnover with this whether it’s coaching and players. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If Wentz keeps getting sacked 9 times a game this problem will solve itself. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Was watching Ron Rivera press

- saids we need to play better 

- wentz needs to play better, and we are still trying to find an identity on offense???

- Saids  need to change pass protection and run the ball more .

- Defense played better( I agree despite the 24 points ).

R R is a Sage ! He clearly sees the problem(s) and has the answers. I'm totally conforted but his presser . 😇

Edited by RSkinGM

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

5-6 in a 17 game season is still a shot at the playoffs. I mean, 4-7 pretty much too but I can't see this team being in either of those situations. We're so bad right now. 

I mean I know where your head is at, but honestly - next week if no Dak, Tennessee (depending on which team shows up), Chicago, GB, Indy - 4 of those 5 weeks are definitely winnable games for us. Let's say we pull off 3-2. Now you're 4-4 and in the hunt. Then you have a 3 week spread of the Falcons, Texans, Giants - again 3 winnable games. Closing the season with the Giants, an interesting SF team, the Browns and Cowboys. Maybe two more wins? I don't see how we only win 5 despite how this season has started. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean I know where your head is at, but honestly - next week if no Dak, Tennessee (depending on which team shows up), Chicago, GB, Indy - 4 of those 5 weeks are definitely winnable games for us. Let's say we pull off 3-2. Now you're 4-4 and in the hunt. Then you have a 3 week spread of the Falcons, Texans, Giants - again 3 winnable games. Closing the season with the Giants, an interesting SF team, the Browns and Cowboys. Maybe two more wins? I don't see how we only win 5 despite how this season has started. 

Plus we should get both Chase Young and Brian Robinson back during that stretch.