GDT Week 3 Cowboys vs. Gmen on MNF!!! @ 8:15PM est

Giants4eva

Showdown time. This will be a decent measure of what this team is really made of this coming week. Cowboys are coming off a very gritty win against Joe Burrow and Co. Cooper Rush looked very solid in his outing against them. There is a strong possibility they will have Michael Gallup back in the lineup against us so im interested to see if that happens. Zeke is still Zeke, he is a guy we need to account for on that offense. He may not be the elite prospect he once was but he deff is a handful if he gets going regardless. CeeDee Lamb is their big weapon and that kid can blow the top off a defense. I think our D has shown some teeth and can hang with this group. Im pretty sure Azeez and Kayvon will be in this weekend and make their debut so hopefully they'll provide some of that juice we need off the edge. I know Wink will have something dialed up to get at Rush and get him rattled especially if he has more of his elite toys to step out on the field. 

Onto our offense vs. their defense. Jones has to have his best game. The Dallas defense is still a tight strong group especially with DLaw and Micah tearing teams up. And DJ will not be lucky this week with throwing passes to the outside that can be intercepted and dropped, especially with Trevon Diggs on the opposite end of the field. He doesn't drop INTs. I wanna see Jones step up and try to show out this one. Hes done just enough the 1st 2 weeks to show he can get us points. But this weekend he has to carry the team to a win. Saquon i believe will be used out of the backfield alot this game and i see Richie James still showing he's our best WR. If Jones can continue to show us some solid ball, with no turnovers well be fine. Oline i believe is gonna step up this week because they gave up alot of pressure last week against the Panthers. The bad blood between the Giants and Cowboys, the guys in the trenches wanna dominate more than anything so i see our line coming back hard this game. 

In the end, as much as i wanna say our team pulls this one out.. dont see it happening. I think Dallas right now is a better team. This will be a gritty bare knuckle fight to the end, but i think in quarter 4 the game gets away from us. 

Cowboys 26 / Gmen 17

3 similar opponents to start the year. All are teams with middling or worse QBs, strong defenses, and strong running games. Cooper Rush is the worst QB of the 3 so far though, and this Dallas OL is extremely suspect with the injuries they've got. However, I think they've got the best defense of the 3 teams we've played so far. Dan Quinn does a really good job with that unit.

The formula for beating Dallas is going to be the same as it was for the last 2 games. I think Wink will have a good gameplan and having Thibs back will be huge. Having Azeez back as well would be amazing. There is a chance we get absolutely stifled on offense and score single digit points, IMO. DJ has got to play better, as does the interior OL.

This is going to be a battle of defenses, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I think it is definitely another close one (the offense isn't scoring enough points to make any game not close right now), but I feel more confident this week than I did last week. Giants by 1 or 2.

Bold prediction: Micah Parsons remains sack-less against the Giants after this game.

3 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Showdown time. This will be a decent measure of what this team is really made of this coming week. Cowboys are coming off a very gritty win against Joe Burrow and Co. Cooper Rush looked very solid in his outing against them. There is a strong possibility they will have Michael Gallup back in the lineup against us so im interested to see if that happens. Zeke is still Zeke, he is a guy we need to account for on that offense. He may not be the elite prospect he once was but he deff is a handful if he gets going regardless. CeeDee Lamb is their big weapon and that kid can blow the top off a defense. I think our D has shown some teeth and can hang with this group. Im pretty sure Azeez and Kayvon will be in this weekend and make their debut so hopefully they'll provide some of that juice we need off the edge. I know Wink will have something dialed up to get at Rush and get him rattled especially if he has more of his elite toys to step out on the field. 

I really hope that we get some players back for this match up.  Even without some key players on their offense, this team can move the chains and score.  Getting some pressure from our edge rushers would be great.  I'm thinking a key to this matchup is time of possession, if we can move the chains offensively to keep the defense fresh for all 4 quarters will help bigly.

Onto our offense vs. their defense. Jones has to have his best game. The Dallas defense is still a tight strong group especially with DLaw and Micah tearing teams up. And DJ will not be lucky this week with throwing passes to the outside that can be intercepted and dropped, especially with Trevon Diggs on the opposite end of the field. He doesn't drop INTs. I wanna see Jones step up and try to show out this one. Hes done just enough the 1st 2 weeks to show he can get us points. But this weekend he has to carry the team to a win. Saquon i believe will be used out of the backfield alot this game and i see Richie James still showing he's our best WR. If Jones can continue to show us some solid ball, with no turnovers well be fine. Oline i believe is gonna step up this week because they gave up alot of pressure last week against the Panthers. The bad blood between the Giants and Cowboys, the guys in the trenches wanna dominate more than anything so i see our line coming back hard this game. 

Not sure our offensive line will be ready for what Dallas brings in terms of pressure.  Micah is going to murder our rookie RT, but if Jones and Barkley can grind one out and put it on the defense, well we stand a chance of keeping it close.  Just don't think we have enough or the right weapons at receiver score against this secondary.  Nonetheless I like your optimism.

In the end, as much as i wanna say our team pulls this one out.. dont see it happening. I think Dallas right now is a better team. This will be a gritty bare knuckle fight to the end, but i think in quarter 4 the game gets away from us. 

Cowboys 26 / Gmen 17

Pretty much seeing the score you have, but I see Dallas getting off to an early lead and we trail the entire game.  I know....glass half empty.  Just don't see us pulling this one off unless our edge rushers have just an insane performance.  Just don't think our offensive line can do enough to protect Jones.  That said any given sunday.

If we win I'm running naked in the streets!

• Like 1

Preliminary news on Azeez and Thibs for this week is positive.

Guys not practicing: Aaron Robinson, Leonard Williams (both expected IMO), Wan'dale Robinson, Kadarius Toney (Toney never practices and is always on the injury report, but I'm surprised Robinson is still held out. I thought it was a minor injury he had week 1), and Sterling Shepard (planned rest day).

If Dak was playing then I would say this is a lost. With Dak out and if we get Azeez and Kayvon back, I give us a 50/50 chance. I trust in Wink to come up with a defensive schemes that Cooper Rush will not have seen before to keep us in the game. 

Make no mistake I fully expect Dallas's defense to wreck our offense. The key to this game for me is for the offense to not lose the game for us in the first half. No turn overs to give Dallas easy points. Limit the three and out so our defense is not worn out for the second half and go into the the third quarter only down by a touchdown or less. If we can do this I believe our coaching staff will come up with the proper half time adjustments for us to win the game, just rinse and repeat what we have been doing the last two games.

Giants 23 Cowboys 20 

• Like 1

^ I agree. Feels like a 50/50 type of game. If they can keep Parsons and Lawrence in check then maybe they can muster 20 points. This would be a great time for Toney to have a breakout performance. Get him the ball in space on some quick passes and let him go to work. 3-0 would feel amazing but I'm not confident.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:12 PM, Acgott said:

Oh Kardarius

Oh hey the rap artist is gonna miss another game, who would've thought. dudes been nothing but a bum since he got here. its all good though, he can go an focus on his music and arguing with people on twitter when this seasons over. but he should be careful with the twitter part, while typing he could dislocate a finger.