Week 3 GDT: Texans @ Bears, 9/25/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If this doesn't have offensive outburst written all over it, I don't know what does!

Well both are bottom five offenses as of right now, one is averaging 188 yards passing the other threw for more yards in a rain storm. What we get who really knows.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well both are bottom five offenses as of right now, one is averaging 188 yards passing the other threw for more yards in a rain storm. What we get who really knows.

Well based on the fact that the Bears have been *** offensively for 3 decades and the Texans are pretty untalented I think I can guess what we'll get but hey that's why they play the game!

• Like 1

Worth monitoring:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34631419/predicting-nfl-week-3-upsets-fantasy-football-starts-sits-plus-buzz-notes-league

The Kenny Golladay situation in New York is far from over. When a receiver with a $21.15 million cap hit plays two snaps on Sunday, there's no coming back from that. This is the classic case of a new regime -- GM Joe Schoen, coach Brian Daboll -- taking over a contract it wouldn't have done itself. And when that's the case, teams look for exit strategies. The Giants didn't do anything with Golladay's contract in the preseason because the guarantees hamstrung them. His $13 million salary and $4.5 million roster bonus are locked in. Zero wiggle room. But a similar situation unfolded in the New York area a few years ago, with the Jets and Le'Veon Bell. GM Joe Douglas, who didn't do the Bell deal, decided the Jets were better off paying Bell his $13 million in guarantees to go away, first trying to trade him before releasing him. The difference is Golladay, as an accomplished wide receiver with red zone scoring potential, could have some trade value if the Giants agree to cover most of his salary. Something to watch, because Golladay can't be satisfied with his role.

4 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Worth monitoring:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34631419/predicting-nfl-week-3-upsets-fantasy-football-starts-sits-plus-buzz-notes-league

The Kenny Golladay situation in New York is far from over. When a receiver with a $21.15 million cap hit plays two snaps on Sunday, there's no coming back from that. This is the classic case of a new regime -- GM Joe Schoen, coach Brian Daboll -- taking over a contract it wouldn't have done itself. And when that's the case, teams look for exit strategies. The Giants didn't do anything with Golladay's contract in the preseason because the guarantees hamstrung them. His $13 million salary and $4.5 million roster bonus are locked in. Zero wiggle room. But a similar situation unfolded in the New York area a few years ago, with the Jets and Le'Veon Bell. GM Joe Douglas, who didn't do the Bell deal, decided the Jets were better off paying Bell his $13 million in guarantees to go away, first trying to trade him before releasing him. The difference is Golladay, as an accomplished wide receiver with red zone scoring potential, could have some trade value if the Giants agree to cover most of his salary. Something to watch, because Golladay can't be satisfied with his role.

If you're suggesting the Bears trade for him then I'll pass.  His 21M dollar contract for each of next 2 years is going to scare away a lot of interest, as it should.  Not only is he not worth anything close to 21M but trying to free up space isn't going to be easy for any team without trading a player in return.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If you're suggesting the Bears trade for him then I'll pass.  His 21M dollar contract for each of next 2 years is going to scare away a lot of interest, as it should.  Not only is he not worth anything close to 21M but trying to free up space isn't going to be easy for any team without trading a player in return.

I agree, now if they release him it's worth a shot.

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No, I would wait until he demands a trade, that doesn't work & he is cut.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I agree, now if they release him it's worth a shot.

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

No, I would wait until he demands a trade, that doesn't work & he is cut.

If they can't find a trade partner (which would probably take for the Giants to agree to take on the majority of the contract) then they almost have to keep him. Releasing him would create 25M in dead money. The Giants only have 5.4M in cap space and they would take a 4.3M hit to release him, plus they would have to add Antonio Williams' 750k to the top-51.  This would only leave them with ~400k (although there are ways to gain a few mil).

Man what a terrible contract. And I'm not only saying that in hindsight either.  Daniel Jones didn't show enough in college or his first 2 years to warrant investing 70M on a average WR to build around. That's a double whammy.

Now watch Golladay go off on the Bears next week like he did in Detroit lol.